Here's a round-up of the key points made by Nintendo at todays conference in Japan.
* Japanese launch date of December 2nd 2006.
* Prices for Virtual console games will be 500 Yen ($4.25, £2.26) for NES, 800 Yen ($6.80, £3.61) for SNES and 1000 Yen ($8.50, £4.52) for N64. Bought by credit card or Wii ponts card.
* 30 Nintendo games and 30 PC Engine/Megadrive (Turbo-Grafx/Genesis) games before end of year. Ten new virtual console games every month after that.
* Official website http://www.wii.com is now Live and will be updated with new content as the shows progress.
* The contents of the Wii package will include:
Wii remote (w/ strap)
Wii AC adaptor
Wii A/V cable
Wii console stand
sensor bar + stand
2x AA batteries.
* The price for the package will be 25,000 Yen ($212, £113) price inc tax.
* The Wiimote seperately will cost 3,800 Yen ($32, £17) with the classic controller costing 1800 Yen ($15, £8) , and 1800 Yen ($15, £8) for the nunchuck attachment.
* 16 titles from ten publishers will be available at lunch. The cost of the games will be 4,800 Yen ($40, £22) to 6,800 Yen ($58, £31).
* The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will cost 6,800 Yen ($58, £31).
* Wii Sports will not be a pack-in game, it will be bought seperately to the cost of 4,800 Yen ($40, £22) and include five sports games.
* Japanese launch titles include:
Lengend of Zelda: TP
"Your First Wii Games"
SD Gundam Revolution
"Ennichi no Tastsujin"
Kororinpa (Marble Madness-style game)
Machariku Domino (a domino game)
* 34 Playable games at the event.
* Offiicial Wii website lists 24 Virtual Console publishers.
* WiiConnect24 will feature a BBS-like message board system that can cross-post to and from cell phones, computers and other Wii consoles.