LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    To confirm for those who are still unsure, the payment is 1 off. The idea is that in 2007, people will have to pay a SMALL fee to DOWNLOAD the opera browser. It wont be a monthly fee. I'd be happy to pay for the opera browser, since it's obviously taken a lot of work to create a browser for the console.
    *Image Removed By Moderator*

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by m7ticalm
    WAT THE HECK! Dont u understand? You have to pay for the browser! ITS CALLED OPERA IF U DIDNT REALISE! You cant go surf on the internet if u have a connection and no browser! Wat have u been smoking, wateva it is i want 5 mg cause it must be strong.
    you get the browser by paying a few wii points once and then its ****ing free.
    K.K. Slider. A lone, traveling minstral who will fill your ears with his delicate melodies and soulful ballads.

Member #
    Friends
    Geez, some stressy people over here today are there not? lol

Anyway, Im glad that it will be free everywhere until June 2007.

This means that over here in the UK, we will have the Wii Browser free for just under 7 months

That's quite good really! Nintendo could have chosen to give us 1 month free trial...but...BOOM! 7 months! (7 and a bit more for America)

Member #
    Friends
    Go to http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics...tation/08.html and watch the video on the bottom of page 8, dya think its real? it looks a bit clunky?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by rockkybox
    Go to http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics...tation/08.html and watch the video on the bottom of page 8, dya think its real? it looks a bit clunky?
    Definately looks real.

Why else would Nintendo put it on the official website?

And it doesnt look that clunky...well, maybe a little, but that it probably because Wii is not a proper computer.

I suppose we cant really expect it to be as easy to use as what we are doing now. (Imagine text entry for example...there will probably be an on screen keyboard where you have to hover the cursor over each letter...imagine how hard that will be with the Wiimote) :S

Member #
    Friends
    6319-9882-8659-0638
    Quote Originally Posted by m7ticalm
    WAT THE HECK! Dont u understand? You have to pay for the browser! ITS CALLED OPERA IF U DIDNT REALISE! You cant go surf on the internet if u have a connection and no browser! Wat have u been smoking, wateva it is i want 5 mg cause it must be strong.
    umm... KK slider is kindah right.. here's the case..

all the wii's that's being packaged before june 2007 will be finished dowmloaded with operah. it won't cost anything in the month exept for what u pay for ur breedband. and after june 2007 u have to go to the shop buy som wii points and download opera. i have pre-ordered so i'm gonna get opera free.. no probb's

My name is Alan, gaming name is ZaLaN

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chris*
    Definately looks real.

Why else would Nintendo put it on the official website?

And it doesn't look that clunky...well, maybe a little, but that it probably because Wii is not a proper computer.

I suppose we cant really expect it to be as easy to use as what we are doing now. (Imagine text entry for example...there will probably be an on screen keyboard where you have to hover the cursor over each letter...imagine how hard that will be with the Wiimote) :S
    Well yeah, in an ideal world we could draw the shape of the letters in the air with the wiimote lol, + I only really called it clunky because of those giant buttons on the bottom, IMO way too much screen space taken up there, on the other hand the zoom thing on the wii photo manager (where the photos arrange themselves in a fluid, waterfall kinda way) is the most unclunky thing I've ever seen!

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by K.K. Slider
    you get the browser by paying a few wii points once and then its ****ing free.
    jesus christ, thats what the mother fudging we been sayin f00l.

prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    maybe a keyboard could be produced?

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    I'm a bit confused:

I understand that Opera will be free until June 2007. So this means that from nov 19 until june 2007, you will have the Opera Browser for free.

But i am confused after that: from the posts above it seems that you will have to pay a one time fee to get Opera. I was thinking what they meant that if you bought the Wii before that time and downloaded Opera, you didn't have to pay for it again.

Opera’s full Web browser is available for download from the "Wii Shop Channel". Nintendo has stated that they will offer Opera free of charge as a temporary promotion for all Wii users until June 2007.
    In this quote, I thought that it was a one time download and you can keep it forever (like downloading a program online, it gets deleted when you want to delete it). So if i am wrong, does this mean that Nintendo is going to delete Opera from my Wii in June 2007? Please clarify
    Last edited by COLDshiver; 09-26-2006 at 01:49 PM.

Ads