------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteroids
    huh why??
    Because there isn't shit I want to play on 360 for months. And any of those games I can get for free for my PC anyways and just use my 360 pc controller.

Plus crysis makes anything on the 360 look like a joke.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    ahhh true.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    Whenever I read about the graphical shortcomings of the Wii I think of this analogy......

Imagine you are in a bar and a gorgeous woman / man is giving you the eye. You go over and get acquainted, spend the night together. In the morning you realise that while they were gorgeous, and fun for a night, you really don't think that you can spend your whole life with them......

The next night you go to the same bar, and meet another,slightly less attractive woman / man, who is just as fun. It dawns on you that this second person is emotionally and mentally on your level, and that you want to spend your life learning new things about them......

Now I know that someone will think / say that you could just keep on going back to the bar night after night. If that is your choice, so be it. I'd rather spend the time exploring the less visual, but ultimately more interesting option.

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by captainff
    Whenever I read about the graphical shortcomings of the Wii I think of this analogy......

Imagine you are in a bar and a gorgeous woman / man is giving you the eye. You go over and get acquainted, spend the night together. In the morning you realise that while they were gorgeous, and fun for a night, you really don't think that you can spend your whole life with them......

The next night you go to the same bar, and meet another,slightly less attractive woman / man, who is just as fun. It dawns on you that this second person is emotionally and mentally on your level, and that you want to spend your life learning new things about them......

Now I know that someone will think / say that you could just keep on going back to the bar night after night. If that is your choice, so be it. I'd rather spend the time exploring the less visual, but ultimately more interesting option.
    Niiiiice. Well put! *applause*

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by captainff

So your saying the Wii is the ugly chick with the great personality and the 360/PS3 is the airhead supermodel?

Okay let me take the analogy a little further (too close to a true story). Your out at the bar enjoying a few drinks with your friends. You see an attractive woman at the far end of the bar. After a few more drinks you pluck up courage to go and speak to her. You enjoy several more drinks with the lady, you leave together and spend the night. The next morning, in the sober light of day you realise that she is not so attractive, in fact she's quite unattractive and is showing signs of a 5 o'clock shadow. However she's a very nice person, she makes you breakfast, thanks you for a great night, asks for your number and bids you farewell. You realise personality goes a long way but you aint going to be dating the bearded lady in this lifetime.

Member #
    Friends
    This link proves how good the Wii's graphics are:

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?p=2436097

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Well, all I say is that the developers are lazy and that. Metroid, Galaxy, Brawl, and many SEGA games will likely prove to be visually appealing.

Maybe its just me, but I think this is cool:

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    Quote Originally Posted by flemo123
    So your saying the Wii is the ugly chick with the great personality and the 360/PS3 is the airhead supermodel?

Okay let me take the analogy a little further (too close to a true story). Your out at the bar enjoying a few drinks with your friends. You see an attractive woman at the far end of the bar. After a few more drinks you pluck up courage to go and speak to her. You enjoy several more drinks with the lady, you leave together and spend the night. The next morning, in the sober light of day you realise that she is not so attractive, in fact she's quite unattractive and is showing signs of a 5 o'clock shadow. However she's a very nice person, she makes you breakfast, thanks you for a great night, asks for your number and bids you farewell. You realise personality goes a long way but you aint going to be dating the bearded lady in this lifetime.
    Not what I said at all. In simple English I said that I'd prefer a game with substance, gameplay and longevity over graphical polish, if I had to choose one or the other. I never said which, if any, system would be either example - that is purely your interpretation of my analogy.

I think that if you wake up in the morning next to a bearded lady either 1) that's your thing and I'm happy for you, or 2) you need to go easier on the booze.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ads