LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    At the rate its going, it won't get a release, as Nintendo refuses to release AO (adult only games) as does Sony.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/20/ni...ith-ao-rating/

In Nintendo's own Nintendo Buyer's Guide the company clearly states, "Please note that Nintendo does not sell or license games that carry the ESRB rating 'AO' (Adults Only)." Joystiq also spoke with Sony spokesman Dave Karraker who stated, "Currently it's SCE's policy not to allow the playback of AO rated content on our systems."
    Post is there ^^^
    How dare you state a different point of view, you complete fanboy! /sarcasm

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Nice going
    Sheding Nintendos kidy image

If a game makes it into the tabload papers it sells more

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagel
    At the rate its going, it won't get a release, as Nintendo refuses to release AO (adult only games) as does Sony.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/20/ni...ith-ao-rating/

In Nintendo's own Nintendo Buyer's Guide the company clearly states, "Please note that Nintendo does not sell or license games that carry the ESRB rating 'AO' (Adults Only)." Joystiq also spoke with Sony spokesman Dave Karraker who stated, "Currently it's SCE's policy not to allow the playback of AO rated content on our systems."

WOW! That is ridiculous! It also says in that artice that Microsoft, and Sony feel the same way! So why is there even an AO rating if neither msft, sony, or nintendo license AO games. ITS A FREE DAMNED COUNTRY I WANT TO CHOOSE WHAT GAME I PLAY! (or what movie I watch, or what book I read)

This is a really good comment I found: "Sony will sell this thing because if I were Take Two, I would say I'll retool the game for the XBOX360 and release LA Noire and GTAIV as 360 exclusives. Sony isn't in a position right now to piss on a big third party developer and they would love for Nintendo to drop the game so you'd have to go out and buy the PSP or PS2 version."
    Last edited by LowTek; 06-20-2007 at 08:33 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Dont panic. This is what Mod chips are for. When they ban games, import it from somewhere else where it is not banned. Crisis over.

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    I don't understand why censors get so upset over games like this. Aren't there movies which show more graphic, gruesome and vivid depictions of human mutilation that any videogame could ever represent? Why aren't they subject to the same scrutiny? I largely agree with what Squall7 has to say about coming a step closer to the "nanny state".

What really aches me about this topic is that the only people complaining about games like this are those annoying soccer mums who don't want their upper-class primary schooled son 'little Billy' playing games that involve such graphic violence. Does the +18 rating mean nothing to you? Does she even know that she's breaking the law by buying an overage game for a minor? It's quite simple, if you're too young to be playing it, DON'T PLAY IT. Don't spoil the experience for the older crowd who know that it's only a game.

And as for the argument about influencing people to commit violent crimes, I think you'll find that most of the most violent criminals have never played a video game in their life. Violence has existed as long as humans have walked the Earth, and if Videogames have any relevance to it I'd say the violence depicted in them represents the primal human survival instincts, killing in the interest of self-preservation (kind of ironic when you think about it - ending others lives to prolong your own, still, history shows this to be the case time and time again). *edit* It is shown as more of a social commentary as opposed to being shown as attempting to incite violent behavior.

Besides, look already at all the videogame violence we already have around us; I walk into any games store and see the walls lined with WW2/Desert/Urban/Tactical Combat games, games often involving lots of violent activities, I mean seriously, look at Soldier of Fortune 2, even today it is still considered one of the most graphic representations of modern warfare, with a penchant for the unique pathology of head wounds... Nasty stuff... But back on with my point, even with the violence of the games we already have, do we see an increase in violent crimes in society? No. According to what these "censors" and politicians believe, if violence in videogames really causes violence in society, then technically we should be seeing an exponential growth in violent behavior over the last few years, so by now we should be having daily mass murders by individuals who play alot of video games according to their logic.

If the censors' prime goal of holding games like this off is to stem violent crimes in society, maybe they should be looking at the real causes of violence instead of using videogames as a scapegoat, I'm sick of slack politicians blaming videogames for everything while they remain silent about issues of child abuse, molestation, drug abuse and bullying as far more credible and realistic causes of violent and antisocial behavior.

To summarise, videogames don't influence people, anyone with half a brain knows they can't fall six stories and then collect coins to heal themself; and if you're too naive or just plain stupid enough to be influenced by them, then you shouldn't be playing them.

Sorry if I went on a bit here, but this is an issue that makes my blood boil.

Ez
    Last edited by Ezekiel86; 06-21-2007 at 10:34 AM.
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

Member #
    Friends
    2192-4083-8192-7034
    What is the Child to Adult ratio to Nintendo owners? Half of you that post here couldnt even get the game without a mommy or daddy that dont know what they are buying. I care less what happens to this game. I think if its bad enough for a country to ban it, then a 10 year old kid shouldnt have it.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by jared19
    What is the Child to Adult ratio to Nintendo owners? Half of you that post here couldnt even get the game without a mommy or daddy that dont know what they are buying. I care less what happens to this game. I think if its bad enough for a country to ban it, then a 10 year old kid shouldnt have it.
    How very condescending for someone that doesn't actually know the ages of the people on here.

The last comment was moot considering a 10 year old shouldn't have it in the first place, whether it's banned or not. It's the fact that over-18's, people with so-called freedom to do what they want are being protected from this kind of content.

It's never even been proven that violent videogames make people violent. It's merely one of those things that gets jumped on the bandwagon.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Don't Mind Me. I'm Stupid XwiimasturX's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    It's never even been proven that violent videogames make people violent. It's merely one of those things that gets jumped on the bandwagon.
    i wrote a ten page paper on that for english class and i got a 134/135 on it. i was so proud.

Member #
    Friends
    2192-4083-8192-7034
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    How very condescending for someone that doesn't actually know the ages of the people on here.

The last comment was moot considering a 10 year old shouldn't have it in the first place, whether it's banned or not. It's the fact that over-18's, people with so-called freedom to do what they want are being protected from this kind of content.

Ok. Theres a thread about the ages of people on the forum. Go check it out. There are very few over 18.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by jared19
    Ok. Theres a thread about the ages of people on the forum. Go check it out. There are very few over 18.
    Actually, there's quite a few over 18's on there. I know quite a few people on this website that are over 18, possibly not into Manhunt, but over 18 nonetheless. I haven't checked the thread lately, but I know that there was originally quite a few over 18s where I got to.

Quote Originally Posted by XwiimasturX
    wrote a ten page paper on that for english class and i got a 134/135 on it. i was so proud.
    On media effects not being provable? What level was it for (High school level, College level, etc...)?

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Ads