+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    excuse me, i'm a noob zxzxander's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8948-4335-1246-9575
    Quote Originally Posted by CASH$MONEY
    here are some of the "new" wiis and accessories(fake?)

chrome wii
    chrome wii? >:D

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I'd rock a Black Chrome one! The power glove! Lol I used to have that for the NES, it was pretty gay...

Member #
    Friends
    0999-0322-0469-1717
    Actually the chrome plated Wii is a case...
    Wii stuff: Modded Wii, 2 wiimotes and nunchucks, 2 gamecube controllers
    Wii games: Wii Sports, Strikers, Rampage, WarioWare, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    its doesnt really grab my attentionm

PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by tomqman

wii powerglove
    I love this thing, it's creative engineering of retro hardware. Yes, it's the original NES Japanese Power Glove where someone has removed the original code entry joy-pad and replaced it with a matching black Wii-Remote. It's great.

My favorite however would have to be this one...
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX5MsaHqzG0[/MEDIA]

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKhaos
    I love this thing, it's creative engineering of retro hardware. Yes, it's the original NES Japanese Power Glove where someone has removed the original code entry joy-pad and replaced it with a matching black Wii-Remote. It's great.
    Yeah, pretty obvious with the bolts sticking out of it and everything! Lol

Member #
    Friends
    That is still a great idea..I think I might actually have a glove somewhere....hmmm maybe a new project or ebay sale.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    I know the current wii is capable of playing at least single layer DVDs.
    Our beloved Wii games are DVD discs, and to play them the Wii needs to read the DVD. So a DVD player in my opinion is possible with a firmware upgrade that adds a new channel.

You can even make a copy of the dvd game into a blank dvd ( it won't play in non modified Wii's) but it is a DVD for sure

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    Our beloved Wii games are DVD discs, and to play them the Wii needs to read the DVD. So a DVD player in my opinion is possible with a firmware upgrade that adds a new channel.
    Wii game discs are Optical Discs like DVD discs, and they use the same laser and wavelength, however there bit arrangements are different from each other.

What does that mean? It means that DVD format is more than just the laser's wavelength and layers on a disc, it is also means that those engraved notches, those 1's and 0's we call bits, are arranged in a format that the drive controller arranges into "sectors" to be delivered to the calling software. The optical medium is the same, but the bit/byte arrangement is different. Keep in mind that the drive and it's controller is separate hardware from the Wii console, and some sort of medium to communicate between the two, so generally the only way to update a drives controller is by flashing the drive itself. something that to my understand the Wii's optical drive did not include as an option for obvious security reasons.

So why did Nintendo omit true DVD functionality? DVD hardware is cheap as it is overly-massed produced, however the DVD format is patented and requires license to use, that is right, those who invented want compensation for it's usage. To save production costs, the idea was to continue to omit the DVD format, as done with the GameCube, from the drive's controller upon launch of the Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    You can even make a copy of the dvd game into a blank dvd ( it won't play in non modified Wii's) but it is a DVD for sure
    Yes, the Computer's DVD-ROM's are optical disc drives, and most modern computers contain awesome flash upgradeable options and advanced calls to there controller to allow almost unlimited functionality.

The Wii's optical drive does not allow such flexibility, as it could be used to pirate software more easily, and it's design intended to make a pirates life as difficult as possible. With that in mind, The Wii mod-chips are soldiered to the drive itself, using a hidden "backdoor" that allows more direct access - almost identical to that of the GameCube. This means that since we have direct access to the hardware we can read the bit arrangements into any sector format the mod-chip can conceive, and thus you have DVD functionality. This is why Nintendo claims to need more than a firmware update to add DVD playback, because access to this "backdoor" isn't easily obtainable by software and requires the drive itself to support the DVD format.

Simple said, same hardware different format, and unless someone can figure out a hack to bypass the limitations of the current drive controller or Nintendo releases Wii with DVD playback built-in - it's just not happening at this time.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Member #
    Friends
    0376-6435-4668-9489
    Whens the dvd playback coming out? I have 4 dvd players in my house (two built in, blu ray, and the crappy one next to my wii), but mine is from like 98 next to my wii.
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-

~Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~

Ads