LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 169
  1. #41
    WiiChat Member i pone u's Avatar
    Member #
    29569
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    crowley
    Posts
    10
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i think that nintendo should put a dvd player on the wii cause it sucks that all other systems have one but us

    WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT

  2. #42
    WiiChat Member Revan's Avatar
    Member #
    27713
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    52
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3428-9264-8009-7102
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    First off, whoever wins the HD format war is really irrelavant. DVD's will still sell more due to the low number of households with HDTVs. And it will probably still be that way for a few years.
    DVD's were like this, when they first came out people were mostly still getting VCR videos.

  3. #43
    ~!naruto!~ naruto_freak's Avatar
    Member #
    18430
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    138
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i think it would be a good idea cause like tank i travel with my wii and it would be 1 less remote ... dvd , tv, satilite ,aux and surround ... it would be nice not to buy a whole new wii i do hope they give us the option of gettin' it tuned at a future shop or something like that i do think the colors are very taki thow .
    Wii are the champions indeed
    ~stupid 360
    ~ps3 a.k.a. trip to the bank
    if you find me funny or I give you good info please give me a green mushroom
    my fave naruto character is
    Spoiler Alert!

  4. #44
    WiiChat Member Revan's Avatar
    Member #
    27713
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    52
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3428-9264-8009-7102
    I like Silver, Black, and White: Black being my favorite. But I do agree that Red and Green look kind of tacky.

    I bet Nintendo will release this new Wii when the Wiiware Service comes out and it will also include a small hardrive to save games on. 512 MB isn't enough, especially with the Virtual Console and using it on games, even if you use SD cards.

    I wonder if you could just buy a color skin to put over your Wii you know, I don't see why you could not?

    Though I bet it will end up like the DS Lite Fiasco did where you will be able to trade your Wii in for a discount at a Gaming Store like EB games and get a discount off the new Wii. Like $100 dollars or something.
    Last edited by Revan; 07-07-2007 at 10:51 PM.

  5. #45
    WiiChat Member Cloudkill's Avatar
    Member #
    1411
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    73
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4237-4713-8774-6257
    This is why I don't post on this forum because you lot are so technical disables.

    The Wii can read single layer DVD, Dual Layer DVD and all the games run off this, newer Nintendo games once they start to get bigger will start to use 8.5GB DVD's there is a rumour in some forums that MP3 will use Dual layer media.

    This there for means that the Wii has the hardware to run standard DVD's be it single layer or Dual Layer.
    The Wii cannot read CDís standard music CDís, if you put a CD in it will make a crunch and crack sound.

    The only reason they would need to make a new version of the Wii is if they were going to alter the GPU to 1366x768 and the DVD-ROM drive to play back HD-DVD, as then you would need blue laser to read that type of media.

    Think of it this way your PC has a DVD-ROM drive inside but has not got any software to play them back no media player no Power DVD nothing, the only thing its going to do is show you the files inside the DVD, thatís all that the Wii can do at the moment its physically able to read them but not able to play them back as there is no software.

    But I highly doubt this is going to happen for either a long time or ever as whatís the point?
    I have HD-DVD I have a PS3 I have loads of DVD players I have media centre.

    Why would I or anyone else need it?

    PM me for friends request for Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360.

  6. #46
    Moody Loner Rolex's Avatar
    Member #
    10071
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    303
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6825-6610-9310-1313

    Moot point imo

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudkill
    I have HD-DVD I have a PS3 I have loads of DVD players I have media centre.

    Why would I or anyone else need it?
    I've gotta say that DVD functionality isn't something that the Wii is screaming to have, as primarily it isn't a portable system per se, it's certainly portable but not as the PSP - in convergence terms - ie UMD for example. So Nintendo have no need to account for people using it in areas which don't have a full compliment of devices.

    To comment, 'that why would anyone else need it' - is a double edged sword imo:
    One the one hand, you have bought Wii knowing full well that it isn't HD or DVD / CD compatible and is being sold at a price point for purely a gaming system, to keep the price down and things simple these common elements have been deliberately left out, which we all knew and were happy with!

    One the other hand this functionality [dvd/cd] is pretty much standard on electrical equipment of this ilk - why not have it?

    Nintendo have left it out to make the system a more accessible one - by the nature of not having convergence you would be inclined to lump it with the rest of your family equipment [I am being very very general with this of course] and as such, inclined to have it in the family room!(Yes I do know that a lot of people have it in the bedroom, ahem so to speak )

    To give Wii cd functionality isn't going to happen as it already has this built in with the SD card reader and slideshow functionality...a better MP3 player would be a great benefit but we'll have to wait and see but I'm not holding my breath.

    DVD capability, as has been mentioned, is already there as well but not enabled due to the software - as I understand it! Take into consideration that Godfather and NfsC play perfectly passable movie clips in the course of the games then some codecs are already there as standard.

    I think that to shoot a Wii out with dvd is neither here nor there to me. Keep it simple and concentrate on the games!
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

  7. #47
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi tank's Avatar
    Member #
    4728
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,090
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudkill
    This is why I don't post on this forum because you lot are so technical disables.

    The Wii can read single layer DVD, Dual Layer DVD and all the games run off this, newer Nintendo games once they start to get bigger will start to use 8.5GB DVD's there is a rumour in some forums that MP3 will use Dual layer media.

    This there for means that the Wii has the hardware to run standard DVD's be it single layer or Dual Layer.
    The Wii cannot read CDís standard music CDís, if you put a CD in it will make a crunch and crack sound.

    The only reason they would need to make a new version of the Wii is if they were going to alter the GPU to 1366x768 and the DVD-ROM drive to play back HD-DVD, as then you would need blue laser to read that type of media.

    Think of it this way your PC has a DVD-ROM drive inside but has not got any software to play them back no media player no Power DVD nothing, the only thing its going to do is show you the files inside the DVD, thatís all that the Wii can do at the moment its physically able to read them but not able to play them back as there is no software.

    But I highly doubt this is going to happen for either a long time or ever as whatís the point?
    I have HD-DVD I have a PS3 I have loads of DVD players I have media centre.

    Why would I or anyone else need it?



    Well at least someone else understands the fact that the Wii can indeed read DVDs with just a software update. But the thing is: I would love to have a DVD player in my Wii. Since no one probably read my last post I'll reiterate my situation. In my dorm, the only DVD player I have is my laptop. Without a room-mate this year I have no PS2 to use as a DVD player.....which is what I've been doing since the PS2 came out. And I hate having to sit at my desk and watch movies on my laptop, I would like to have a DVD player for my TV so I can lay in bed and watch movies with the Girlfriend. :-P

    Now I know it's not a majority of Wii users. But I'm sure that there are enough Wii users that will download a software update to let the Wii play DVDs to make it worth it for Nintendo to invest in. Not EVERYONE has a DVD player everywhere they go. And to have the Wii act as a DVD player would be nice. It's not like I have a big HD-TV widescreen in college anyway. So the limited resolution the Wii puts out would be fine by me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arauna
    "Wii have PORN!"
    Bwii FC : 317 942 875 882
    MOH: AoWTank
    X-Box Live GT: IronLionZion87

  8. #48
    WiiChat Member i pone u's Avatar
    Member #
    29569
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    crowley
    Posts
    10
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    out of all of the colors i prefer black and then number 2 is white

  9. #49
    Money Maker ResEvil4's Avatar
    Member #
    29610
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    31
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    This is ridiculous the Wii just came out buy a DVD player if you want to play damn movies.

  10. #50
    Moody Loner Rolex's Avatar
    Member #
    10071
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    303
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6825-6610-9310-1313
    Quote Originally Posted by tank
    Now I know it's not a majority of Wii users. But I'm sure that there are enough Wii users that will download a software update to let the Wii play DVDs to make it worth it for Nintendo to invest in. Not EVERYONE has a DVD player everywhere they go. And to have the Wii act as a DVD player would be nice. It's not like I have a big HD-TV widescreen in college anyway. So the limited resolution the Wii puts out would be fine by me.
    Tank - you make a good point but I agree, as you say, that you are very much in the minority of owners who actually require it.
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

dogayonv

,

new wii games of this autumn

,

whats the new rounder corner wii that has been shown with the new wii u

Click on a term to search for related topics.