LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 169
  1. #51
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Revan
    DVD's were like this, when they first came out people were mostly still getting VCR videos.
    Actually this is actually a lot different. DVD players and VCR players could both be played on any tv at the time in max resolution. So it didn't matter what tv you had people just needed the dvd player.

    Well now there is no point in having a bluray or hddvd player if you don't have a 720/1080 tv. Which means it will take even longer for the next format to take over.

    And that isn't even to mention super-hidef which is ready to come out in a couple of years will which probably have like a holographic format disc playing stuff in super high def.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  2. Ads


  3. #52
    WiiChat Member Cloudkill's Avatar
    Member #
    1411
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    73
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4237-4713-8774-6257
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Actually this is actually a lot different. DVD players and VCR players could both be played on any tv at the time in max resolution. So it didn't matter what tv you had people just needed the dvd player.

    Well now there is no point in having a bluray or hddvd player if you don't have a 720/1080 tv. Which means it will take even longer for the next format to take over.

    And that isn't even to mention super-hidef which is ready to come out in a couple of years will which probably have like a holographic format disc playing stuff in super high def.

    Laser TV wont be out for like 3-5 years (although it's wicked), plus all of this True HD and super-hidef crap are all just selling point, as we are restricted to what the human eye can see, not that much past the 1080p res anything any higher will just be a lie but yes there is not a lot of point owning a HD-DVD without a 720/1080 TV.

    There are many good reasons to have the DVD player software installed on the Wii but Iím thinking like Nintendo.

    I can see them making a MP3 channel but I doní think Nintendo are going to be making the software for a DVD player.

    I think they should just focus on some 10/10 titles and Wiiware that Iím quite excited about.

    PM me for friends request for Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360.

  4. #53
    Iam THE LAW! bigwilliiy's Avatar
    Member #
    28551
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisbane.
    Posts
    669
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6772-9484-5615-6705
    but, DvD players are cheap. and the wii cost more than a DvD player. my question is...if you want a DvD playa you buy it because its cheaper.
    Pre-Apocalypse Wiichatter.
    Remaining Survivor of the Wii In Australia Members.

  5. #54
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi tank's Avatar
    Member #
    4728
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,090
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    haha carefull guys....the more and more you let Nintendo no you don't want one, the more likely they are to come out with it.


    I mean....That seems like Nintendo's trend so far. Giving it's customers the exact opposite of what they want.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arauna
    "Wii have PORN!"
    Bwii FC : 317 942 875 882
    MOH: AoWTank
    X-Box Live GT: IronLionZion87

  6. #55
    WiiChat Member Chibi81's Avatar
    Member #
    29637
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Many ppl seem a little disappointed on the wii not being able to play dvds. However, I really wonder how many people would actually use it to watch dvds anyways. Right now it's fairly cheap to buy an upscaling dvd player that will allow you to play like 1080p, rather than the 480p of what the wii is capable of. Furthermore, for the color issue, if there are people desperate enough to change the color of the wii, colorware does an excellent job at this; however, it could be a little pricey for the wii, remotes and nunchucks. They also do other consoles. A simpler and cheaper way would be to purchase wii skins, some places allow you to create your own template (if you an artist or into computer graphics)

  7. #56
    Click the green mushroom JesusFreak's Avatar
    Member #
    29160
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by tank
    haha carefull guys....the more and more you let Nintendo no you don't want one, the more likely they are to come out with it.


    I mean....That seems like Nintendo's trend so far. Giving it's customers the exact opposite of what they want.
    u really think so...i mean they only have 3 "real" consoles out rather than the other handheld stuff....i just joined this forum, and as a matter of fact this is one of the first forums i've ever joined about any gaming so....what wen't wrong with the N-64 and the Gamecube???
    If my comments are helpful click on the little GREEN thingy at the bottom left hand corner of my posts

    SSBB friend code: 2062-8838-9141

  8. #57
    Click the green mushroom JesusFreak's Avatar
    Member #
    29160
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi81
    if there are people desperate enough to change the color of the wii, colorware does an excellent job at this; however, it could be a little pricey for the wii, remotes and nunchucks.
    wats colorware...?
    If my comments are helpful click on the little GREEN thingy at the bottom left hand corner of my posts

    SSBB friend code: 2062-8838-9141

  9. #58
    WiiChat Member Chibi81's Avatar
    Member #
    29637
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    the site is actually http://www.colorwarepc.com/
    they do a great job at coloring consoles as well as corporate branding etc. The result of the product is like as if you purchased the item like that. A know someone who has colored their wii black - (not something I would do because with the wii, two remotes, and nunchucks it was like half the price of the wii) but for those interested there is an option.

  10. #59
    Click the green mushroom JesusFreak's Avatar
    Member #
    29160
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi81
    the site is actually http://www.colorwarepc.com/
    they do a great job at coloring consoles as well as corporate branding etc. The result of the product is like as if you purchased the item like that. A know someone who has colored their wii black - (not something I would do because with the wii, two remotes, and nunchucks it was like half the price of the wii) but for those interested there is an option.
    ok thx for the info
    If my comments are helpful click on the little GREEN thingy at the bottom left hand corner of my posts

    SSBB friend code: 2062-8838-9141

  11. #60
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi tank's Avatar
    Member #
    4728
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,090
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Well JesusFreak. Welcome to the forums.


    And well.. That was just a bit of sarcasm. I'm talking about the recent news about no Online for MP3, the Man Hunt ban, and the all around lack of online support. It just seems like no matter how much we beg and plead nintendo for some online, wiiware, and 3rd party support, we never get our satisfaction.


    I take that back....3rd party is starting to bloom with EA and whatnot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arauna
    "Wii have PORN!"
    Bwii FC : 317 942 875 882
    MOH: AoWTank
    X-Box Live GT: IronLionZion87

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

dogayonv

,

new wii games of this autumn

,

whats the new rounder corner wii that has been shown with the new wii u

Click on a term to search for related topics.