LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Colors Ya that cool.. but why DVD playback IM pretty sure almost everone has a DVD player... adn if they don't tobad... there going to intergrade something that the wii just aint capable of... even though the wii is the future it not a powerfull machine it at...caompared to other consoles... and graphic on wii will just give the picture VCH viewing not that great on my opinion...but yes colours should have been intergraded fromthe beggining...
    You can't beat the,"Wiitastic Master", cause I just so fanatastic. That's why Im the master of Diaster

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by som1
    uhh, im pretty sure u cant add dvd play back on excisting wiis because the wii doesnt have the dvd reader
    so yeah, i think this is fake
    The Wii does have a DVD drive, the Wii can't read DVDs right now because the drive reads Nintendo game DVDs backwards, so the laser mechinism will have to be reversed to read a standard DVD, so the hardware is there, the software isn't though

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by gamechaser001
    The Wii does have a DVD drive, the Wii can't read DVDs right now because the drive reads Nintendo game DVDs backwards, so the laser mechinism will have to be reversed to read a standard DVD, so the hardware is there, the software isn't though
    Where does this rumor keep coming from? The same thing was said about the Dreamcast. You can dump Wii ISO's using a standard DVD drive with the correct firmware.

edit: Link removed. Hint - The same method currently used for gamecube games works for Wii games
    Last edited by ciper; 07-10-2007 at 10:14 PM.

Fanboy of all that's good scole's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends

Duh

uhh, im pretty sure u cant add dvd play back on excisting wiis because the wii doesnt have the dvd reader
    The Wii discs are dvds... Even the GC could read dvds if you took it apart and added a mod-chip to tell the laser what to do. Why not with the Wii? It's only telling the Wii how to read it if you update it. There has been talk about a new version of the Wii that can play dvd, but there has been no confirmation from Nintendo. Why would they? You get people to buy Wiis like they are there's no need for a new version when the first still sells. Kinda like with the slim PS2 it was released after the sales from the original died down to stimulate new sales. I'd imagine that's what Nintendo will do if they decide to release a new version of the Wii. It would be nice if some people on these forums would look at a dictionary, use spell check or look at the guy above you who does know how to spell (like me )

Member #
    Friends
    2154-9969-3510-2243
    WOW DVD playabillity as a WiiWare upgrade sounds great and better be true!!!

I Swear never to touch a PlayStation ever again
    I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE Wii
    MAKE YOUR PLEDGE TODAY!

<<<<< Wii Number *Message Me First*

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    It's like they announce a 1080p version...

But a DVD upgrade would be awesome.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

WiiChat Member SixStringedStress's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    i am more concerned about replacing the wii i have now with one of these new ones and having to purchase all of my VC all over again. is it possible to keep them?

Member #
    Friends

ummmmm

ummmmmmmmmmmm what do you think Wii games are on? 4 gig compact discs?

edit... sorry this has prob been said 100 times.. just didnt read the whole thread Dont kill me....
    Last edited by bubs; 07-11-2007 at 07:25 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    Where does this rumor keep coming from? The same thing was said about the Dreamcast. You can dump Wii ISO's using a standard DVD drive with the correct firmware.

edit: Link removed. Hint - The same method currently used for gamecube games works for Wii games
    Okay, so it's an embedded code in the BCA barcode that holds encryption information, that was not the point I was bringing up, the point I was bringing up was "som1" said that the Wii could not play DVDs because the Wii did not have a DVD mechinism, which we both know is false because the Wii games are recorded onto DVDs, so the hardware is there but the software (or extra hardware) is not

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Member #
    Friends
    6382-2254-4972-9993
    no your wii's game format is on dual layer dvd if im correct and they could easly add a firmware update to enable it as a dvd player , even tho i will probably pick up my wii sometime on the weekend regardless of this news
    Wii setup: 1 Wii console, 2 Wii motes, 2 Nunchuck attachments, and Wii sports
    Wii owner since friday the 13th july 2007

Nintendo Fanboy: 39%

Sony Fanboy: 43%

Microsoft Fanboy: 36%

This means you're: Not a fanboy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Ads