LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2192-4083-8192-7034
    100 dollar price cut and it still cost 500 dollars. I guess that makes it cheap?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    MP3, Brawl, and Galaxy along with every other game Nintendo is coming out with is more of the same? Have you been living in a closet?

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    4842-2271-0989-9857
    If you want a PS3 you had better get one soon because when the 60 gb one is sold out, thats it as they arn't making it anymore. You will get a 80 gb for $600 and it will not have the emotion engine. Leaving the engine out saves $100. You will not be able to play old playstation 1 & 2 games. Listen near the end of the Wiire latest podcast to get the full scoop on Sony and Microsoft. This is for real.

3 year warranty. My xbox one never died and had to be sent off for repair. Why must this one? I'm not saying things don't break....but 1/3 of all sold is not great odds.

Nintendo= Variety
    Last edited by The Fifth; 07-16-2007 at 08:17 PM.
    If I seem nice to you that is because I am.

Member #
    Friends
    If your a hardcore gamer buy a PS3, shut the fk up and stop whinging.. its that simple.

Member #
    Friends
    3428-9264-8009-7102
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fifth
    If you want a PS3 you had better get one soon because when the 60 gb one is sold out, thats it as they arn't making it anymore. You will get a 80 gb for $600 and it will not have the emotion engine. Leaving the engine out saves $100. You will not be able to play old playstation 1 & 2 games. Listen near the end of the Wiire latest podcast to get the full scoop on Sony and Microsoft. This is for real.

3 year warranty. My xbox one never died and had to be sent off for repair. Why must this one? I'm not saying things don't break....but 1/3 of all sold is not great odds.

Nintendo= Variety
    Have you learned your facts? The Emotion Engine being taken out saves them $27 not $100. It is using Software Emulation for backward compatibility.

Honestly just because you guys like Nintendo the best doesn't mean you need to be like Microsoft and just bash anything that doesn't have Nintendo on it. Really you guys need to grow up.

Member #
    Friends
    Smart move by Nintendo. You can tell they have this all planned out. Suck in the casual and non-gamers while feeding your hardcore crowd bits of Metroid, Mario Galaxy, Brawl, and then springing the rumored Mario Kart with online on them. In the process they get huge acclaim from the mainstream press, which has been criticial of the video game market for some time now. WiiFit will indeed sell a ton of copies and Wii consoles. And, who's to say that these casual gamers and non-gamers won't branch out and get some of the more hardcore games? Who's to say that some of them weren't NES owners once upon a time that strayed from video games and might be drawn in by a new Mario adventure or a new Metroid adventure? The point is once all these people own a Wii then you can start selling them the wide variety of software the Wii is sure to have by that point. Whether you agree with the direction the company is taking or not you have to agree that it is extremely smart in terms of business.

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs
    If your a hardcore gamer buy a PS3, shut the fk up and stop whinging.. its that simple.
    Dude, if you have $600 to spare and want a fatter version of the PS2 then buy the PS3. Hardcore gamers give everything a chance, not bash others without having a clue what they're talking about.

Besides, who was whining? =P

Yeah, Nintendo definately knows what they're doing. They're making a big-seller that will also serve as a base engine for many other games. Of course, this can't really be proven as their attack plan, but I have faith in Miyamoto and Fils-Aime ^_^

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Mario Kart Online, SSBB! I only need a few good online games that won't eat up much of my time.

Nintendo can do whatever they want as long as they regrow the market. Their competition can keep walking their own path, and that's how it should be. Consoles that are different.

WiiChat Feature Writer cbrotherson's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Didnt realise this went up today (last night?) - 'tis a nice surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by FWELR
    sony had their conference after nintendo, not before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revan
    BTW to clear up confusion Sony had their Killzone 2 event behind closed doors the day before E3, their conference was after Nintendo's.
    Aye - hence the reason why I said: "earlier in the day" as opposed to "at Sony's conference", just in case anyone was wondering... although Killzone was indeed shown late on the Tuesday and the Nintendo conf on the Wednesday, it was allllll Wednesday to this late-waking GMT UK boy

Member #
    Friends
    6772-9484-5615-6705
    i really want a wii FPS to be online, with the whole she-bang. eg. guns, groups, voice chat, yelling and screaming when you die (well not so much that) people calling you a noob. yea that sort of stuff makes me laugh
    Pre-Apocalypse Wiichatter.
    Remaining Survivor of the Wii In Australia Members.

Ads