+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    WiiChat Feature Writer cbrotherson's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Cheers all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex
    Corey - great article, more and more people seem to be reading all of it, mind control certainly works eventually
    And tomorrow I'll try and do what we always do, Pinky… try and take over the world! [fade to black]

- and I certainly watched the whole of the keynote presentation and dear me - was it Reggie or the crowd which seemed to be lack lustre? I have never watched a presentation with such little reaction from both presenters and audience... **Although have you witnessed the Activision / Jamie Kennedy debacle yet - ooof someone's getting tarred, feathered and sacked!! Employ the woman in the crowd, that's what I say!**
    I missed it all in the melee that was the past few weeks, what happened? I may have to go on a search to see it…

For once Corey I'm not quite on the same thought train here with you - do you consider that hardcore gamers do now actually understand Wii but are just not satisfied completely with the output for them thus far?
    Some do, but many don't. I may not participate in many forums (I'd never get any work done otherwise, I'm a total forum whore), but I do read a lot of them and more than a handful of reactions in some places, as said, were almost word for word copies of last year over the various points of Wii Sports, Play etc. I'm not so much saying everyone who rallied against Fit didn’t get it, but there's so many out there who seem surprised by this strategy. Wii Sports is one of the most successful titles in gaming -especially for a new IP- did people think Wii Health (as it was known before) and Wii Music were just going to be silent 'let's sneak these out' events? Hell no. If Nintendo is hiring Nicole Kidman for Brain Training ads, the company sure as heck is going to make sure everyone knows about its titles that reach the same audience, because that's where the big bucks are. Yet there are some gamers who stubbornly refuse to acknowledge that as well as declaring Nintendo isn’t making hardcore games anymore, which clearly isn’t the case. In fact, Nintendo's big name game output is far more intelligent than it's been for a main format in a long time, given we're usually waiting in large gaps for them - getting Smash, Galaxy, Zelda, Metroid and Kart all within the same 16 months is unheard of.

Would it be nice to know what the dev teams would have been working on if they weren't focusing on casual games? Yeah, totally. Maybe new IPs, or whatever. But the reality is, the market changes. I would have personally loved to have seen another large semi 2D Final Fantasy game to rival FFVI, or a Chrono Trigger title that matches the charm of the original, rather than see Square continue to create soulless 3D iterations that rarely come close to either of those opuses. But I could either sit around and moan about it all day, complaining that things aren't the same (which I would if it wasn't already my job ) or I can play the new games that I DO like and show my appreciation of those examples to give publishers the incentive to make more of those types. I personally think that gaming is getting more circular and biz savvy now, that old genres and game types will re-emerge over time anyway, so nothing is truly lost in one sense.

My statement was more aimed towards that sort of fan (ones who are now saying Wii Fit "probably wont sell" – HA!) more than anything, sorry it wasn’t as clear as I'd liked… that's the power of gin. A bit like Cilit Bang, but with less Barry Scott and more Lindsay Lohan. Or something

After all - if per-chance that any of the core titles revealed are below par then god help Reggie on the streets of **insert country here**
    Reggie fears no man, woman, child or beast. A mere look from his eyes can commit genocide if he so wished. The only person who could go toe-to-tow with Reggie is Chuck Norris, and even then half the world wouldn’t survive the explosion of awesome.

We should pray that day never comes.

Member #
    Friends
    6825-6610-9310-1313
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrotherson
    I missed it all in the melee that was the past few weeks, what happened? I may have to go on a search to see it…
    It was one of those - "I know, we'll seem down with the kids if we hire a 3rd rate celebrity to bring some edge and hipness(?) to the proceedings..."

Sadly not only isn't American "comedian" Jamie Kennedy funny on TV, he's both unfunny and knows nothing about games / gaming culture in real life...unscripted comedy about the "NEVERSOFT" company name can only end in one joke really - and did he make it...wooo, what a git... there was a woman in the audience who shot him down in flames regarding a statement JK made about a guest with "..at least he's [the guest] funny.." and that was the best comment of the presentation!! Car wreck TV!!

- ** Edited as I wasn't happy with my entire posting ** -
    Last edited by Rolex; 07-25-2007 at 01:10 AM. Reason: A predilection for Gin and bitter lemon!
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

Member #
    Friends
    3428-9264-8009-7102
    I watched all three press confrences and I thought the crowd was TERRIBLE at all three of them. They didn't laugh at any jokes (I admit some of them were kind of stupid, but they didn't laugh at any good ones!) and hardly responded to anything. I think Nintendo had the worst audience. Microsoft had the best audience, they laughed in the beginning when Microsoft bashed Nintendo and Sony. Plus M$'s audience responded to Assassins Creed. Sony was in between, only because the crowd responded to their Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Trailer.

Join me in the hate Microsoft campaign! All Microsoft does now adays is sit around and bash Nintendo and Sony, ex: The Wii's Graphics are worse than the original Xbox, Sony's Home won't work. When a company does that I lose all respect for them.

Member #
    Friends
    3428-9264-8009-7102
    Microsoft is also copying other peoples franchises Ex: Scene it is their response to the Buzz Mega Quiz thing Sony has, Viva Pinata is their response to Pokemon.
    Join me in the hate Microsoft campaign! All Microsoft does now adays is sit around and bash Nintendo and Sony, ex: The Wii's Graphics are worse than the original Xbox, Sony's Home won't work. When a company does that I lose all respect for them. Sony bashes to, but at least they don't do it much and they do it nicely. Nintendo hardly ever bashes others.

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by Revan
    I watched all three press confrences and I thought the crowd was TERRIBLE at all three of them. They didn't laugh at any jokes (I admit some of them were kind of stupid, but they didn't laugh at any good ones!) and hardly responded to anything. I think Nintendo had the worst audience. Microsoft had the best audience, they laughed in the beginning when Microsoft bashed Nintendo and Sony. Plus M$'s audience responded to Assassins Creed. Sony was in between, only because the crowd responded to their Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Trailer.

Join me in the hate Microsoft campaign! All Microsoft does now adays is sit around and bash Nintendo and Sony, ex: The Wii's Graphics are worse than the original Xbox, Sony's Home won't work. When a company does that I lose all respect for them.
    Meh... the 360s great except the hardware failures. The games are awesome!

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0145-0637-4192-3304
    I'm getting myself a wii fit after e3 presentation
    thanks ninty... good job... keep robbing my pocket deeper n deeper

why they arent showing details of galaxy, ssbb, mario kart

Member #
    Friends
    3428-9264-8009-7102
    Yeah I know each system has so many good games! I don't own a 360, but the games I want for Wii and PS3 are over 20! I'm going to go bankrupt by the end of the year.
    Join me in the hate Microsoft campaign! All Microsoft does now adays is sit around and bash Nintendo and Sony, ex: The Wii's Graphics are worse than the original Xbox, Sony's Home won't work. When a company does that I lose all respect for them. Sony bashes to, but at least they don't do it much and they do it nicely. Nintendo hardly ever bashes others.

Member #
    Friends
    8288-8038-4521-3885
    Quote Originally Posted by Revan
    Ok I'm not biased or anything, I have all consoles but how can you call NEW franchises more of the same? Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Lair, Folklore, White Knight Story, Infamous and Heavenly Sword are all new franchises exclusive to the PS3. Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, and Bioshock are all new 360 exclusive games.

I'm not saying the Wii sucks but Metroid Prime 3, Galaxies, and Brawl along with like every other game Nintendo is coming out with is more of the same. So I think it is stupid to say that all PS3 and 360 owners get are more of the same.
    while you are right nintendo is giving us more of the same it is safe to say that sony and microsoft are too. They are all the same old genres wrapped up in a new skin. Every once and a while we get a new one. Right now it is games like wii sports and wii fitness. A few years back it was sand box style games that were really new and propular and before that survival horror was shocking the world. Who knows what will be next.

WiiChat Feature Writer cbrotherson's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Apologies for the delay, it's been a crazy few weeks and trying to keep up with everything has meant trying to stop my head from imploding.

It was one of those - "I know, we'll seem down with the kids if we hire a 3rd rate celebrity to bring some edge and hipness(?) to the proceedings..."

Sadly not only isn't American "comedian" Jamie Kennedy funny on TV, he's both unfunny and knows nothing about games / gaming culture in real life...unscripted comedy about the "NEVERSOFT" company name can only end in one joke really - and did he make it...wooo, what a git... there was a woman in the audience who shot him down in flames regarding a statement JK made about a guest with "..at least he's [the guest] funny.." and that was the best comment of the presentation!! Car wreck TV!!
    Now I really have to hunt this down, thanks for the heads up - gives me something to look up when I have time (had, fat chance, time hates me right now )

- ** Edited as I wasn't happy with my entire posting ** -
    Gah, what happened to it?!

Member #
    Friends
    6825-6610-9310-1313
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrotherson
    Gah, what happened to it?!
    Meh - just too argumentative! I like to try and make a point, well most of the time! With this one I was just a little cranky. Thanks for asking tho!!

Hope it's going well.
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

Ads