LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumoriken
    Because I hate your face. =D Read it again, bud. I edited it. 'Twas a mistake, 'cause I forgot to but "two."
    still doesnt change the fact that you cant tell the difference between sexist and stereotypical now does it?

Member #
    Friends
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    Quote Originally Posted by ocdan
    still doesnt change the fact that you cant tell the difference between sexist and stereotypical now does it?
    And it still doesn't change the fact that a mother isn't a stereotype. It goes with the assumption that women like to cook. =D Nor does it change the fack that you're a ****in' ass. ^_^

Member #
    Friends
    You're an idiot. If you're making gender stereotypes, that's being sexist. Also, Nobody who cooks family meals everyday is gunna want to play a cooking game. Seems it may be more suitable for students who eat microwave meals everyday.

I need a wee... I don't like puns

Member #
    Friends
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    Quote Originally Posted by maxkhoward
    You're an idiot. If you're making gender stereotypes, that's being sexist. Also, Nobody who cooks family meals everyday is gunna want to play a cooking game. Seems it may be more suitable for students who eat microwave meals everyday.
    I'm glad someone's not a total moron here. =D
    You, my friend, are among the smartest here. But, no offense, by the look of it, that's not saying much. >.< But I'm sure you're pretty smart! xD

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by maxkhoward
    so then what is sterotyping then??? Say I claim the asian kid down the street can do a rubix cube in a matter of seconds because he's asian or the polish kid is a dumbass in general cuz he's polish isnt stereotyping, its racist?
    lemme sum it down via dictionary.com:

ster∑e∑o∑type (str--tp, stÓr-) n.
    1. A conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image.
    2. One that is regarded as embodying or conforming to a set image or type.

3. Printing. A metal printing plate cast from a matrix molded from a raised printing surface, such as type.

sex?ism? [sek-siz-uhm] Ėnoun
    1. attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles.
    2. discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex, as in restricted job opportunities; esp., such discrimination directed against women.

Member #
    Friends
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    so then what is sterotyping then??? Say I claim the asian kid down the street can do a rubix cube in a matter of seconds because he's asian or the polish kid is a dumbass in general cuz he's polish isnt stereotyping, its racist?
    lemme sum it down via dictionary.com:

ster∑e∑o∑type (str--tp, stÓr-) n.
    1. A conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image.
    2. One that is regarded as embodying or conforming to a set image or type.

3. Printing. A metal printing plate cast from a matrix molded from a raised printing surface, such as type.

sex?ism? [sek-siz-uhm] Ėnoun
    1. attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles.
    2. discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex, as in restricted job opportunities; esp., such discrimination directed against women.
    And racism is, generally, hatred and discrimination against a race. So... No, your examples aren't racist, they're stereotypist. *Nod nod* Give it up, kid. You can't win against the man that has no brain, but somehow knows his facts. =D

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wiicanchangetheworld
    I betcha moms will buy it , haha.
    And at the same time, how many mothers are gonna have a Wii?! Kinda like those hit or miss exercise games. It's an alright idea... just nothing special.
    WiiSports (obviously) / Redsteel / Excite Truck / TC:SO / Rayman RR / Wii Play / Sonic and the Secret Rings / Mad Catz Skinz

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumoriken
    And racism is, generally, hatred and discrimination against a race. So... No, your examples aren't racist, they're stereotypist. *Nod nod* Give it up, kid. You can't win against the man that has no brain, but somehow knows his facts. =D
    so then what the previous guys are saying isnt sexist, because what they are saying isnt in anyway deliberatly offensive, but stereotypicle because mothers have been so portrayed as being the houseworker, thats what is imagined by those when approached with a certain term, as in here, cooking.

Member #
    Friends
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    so then what the previous guys are saying isnt sexist, because what they are saying isnt in anyway deliberatly offensive, but stereotypicle because mothers have been so portrayed as being the houseworker, thats what is imagined by those when approached with a certain term, as in here, cooking.
    It is actually discrimination in a sense. *Nod nod* And it's actually quite funny that you can't actually spell, "Stereotypical", considering the fact that you're trying to define it. =D

Member #
    Friends
    *Nod Nod, Wink Wink, Nudge Nud-.........true, i cant spell aniways lest drop this and telk mure abowt thi we

Ads