LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7190-3324-3845-8331
    I agree with the "new gen" label since they (nintendo) are going for something entirely...well, new. They are moving over into a niche of their own.

Imagine three cars traveling down a freeway in the same lane, no one is really going to get anywhere since they are riding each others butts...

but if a car (nintendo) were to move into another lane, even if it led somewhere else (innovation), they would be able to pull out in front of the other cars (competition).

Maybe it is a hard analogy to follow, but I kind of like it...and I made it up on the spot so forgive me if it's a little weak.

btw...I'm 19 and going to college in the fall, and I happen to enjoy all ratings of games: E,T,M. People shouldn't feel like they have to play an M game in order to be mature. Let the rest of the gamers follow one another...the Wii is for individuals.

Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo has the most creative game designers on the planet & I cannot say enough good things about the direction they are going to take the gaming indsustry in.
    Especially with Shigeru Miyamoto leading the team. He (according to many nintendo magazines and wikipedia sites etc) created the Mario, Donkey Kong, and Zelda franchise starting from the NES generation.

INclusion type (where you call for newbies and never-before-seen-people-playing-videogames + a couple of interested hardcore, graphics-driven ol' gamers) and the more "traditional" (mature) division, for the people who already play and want the same ol' thing all revamped with great/innovative/"charismatic"/hypnotic-what-else-you-may-call-it controls.
    For the inclusive or newbie gamers, Nintendo often makes a totally new game based on a concept or idea like Mario party or Mario 64. Despite the repetitive nature of these Mario games, they always have some thing completely new to offer that was never seen or dimly thought of in the older games.
    For the mature audience, isn't that what often happens with games like pokemon and *coughs* mario party?

WiiChat Member motherbrainrulez's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8024-1926-5495-8435
    wii is not next gen whatever comes after it will be next gen

Thanks to Pepper for the sig
    I am leader of the Super Metroid fanclub

Member #
    Friends

nintendo IS next-gen

the wii isnt next-gen for its graphics. its next-gen for inovation!
    nintendos changing the way we play games completely while microsoft, and sony are almost doing nothing to inovate. If changing gamming completely isnt next-gen, i dont know what is.

Member #
    Friends
    7190-3324-3845-8331
    That's true, but unfortunately many feel that the term next gen has to do with the latest graphics and processing hardware, which is unfortunate.

Wii, 2 Remotes, 2 Nunchucks, Classic Controller, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda: TP, Resident Evil 4, Metal Slug Anthology, Guitar Hero III
    VC: Mario Bros, Mario Bros 3, Ninja Gaiden II, Sonic 2, Shinobi III, Soldier Blade, Blazing Lasers, Devil's Crush, Lords of Thunder, Harvest Moon, Super Metroid, Castlevania IV, Zelda: Link to the Past, F-Zero GX, Street Fighter II: Turbo, Axelay

Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    many feel that the term next gen has to do with the latest graphics and processing hardware
    I agree Dav_4550, as it is the approach of many gamers who are interested in buying PS3 and XBOX 360.

On a side note I went to EB in Sydney and was looking for a cheap price for GC controllers as I needed two controllers for my SSBM game and came across a promotional ad for PS3. A group of teenagers had a look at it and were interested in finding out more about the PS3 and I said to them that it cost something like 1 grand for the console. Their reaction was - i dont think ill ever get it coz it'll be way too much for me to afford!

Member #
    Friends
    7190-3324-3845-8331
    yeah, the PS3 will be alienating a large portion of gamers, who even if they wanted a PS3, they wouldn't be able to afford it. If third party support jumps to Nintendo because of its easily accessable price, Sony will have little to offer its customers and it will be doomed for this era of the "console wars"

Wii, 2 Remotes, 2 Nunchucks, Classic Controller, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda: TP, Resident Evil 4, Metal Slug Anthology, Guitar Hero III
    VC: Mario Bros, Mario Bros 3, Ninja Gaiden II, Sonic 2, Shinobi III, Soldier Blade, Blazing Lasers, Devil's Crush, Lords of Thunder, Harvest Moon, Super Metroid, Castlevania IV, Zelda: Link to the Past, F-Zero GX, Street Fighter II: Turbo, Axelay

Member #
    Friends
    i agree, once everyone sees the price of the ps3 they will be like !!!
    also i noticed that the percentage of money that the ps2 has dropped today would make the ps3 as much as the wii if it dropped the same way and this is after about 6 years!

Member #
    Friends
    7190-3324-3845-8331
    yeah, I bought my PS2 originally for 250.00 USD when it came out ( a special deal at toys r us) well the PS2 is now what $150.00? That means that the price dropped 150.00 (because I believe 300.00 was the average price at launch).
    Even if the 500.00 drops half the price (which I don't think it will) it will be the same price as the Wii. It might drop to 300 dollars but I think that might be as cheap as they get. Just speculation though

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaveR (Ivo)
    Of course, we could play Pacman for ever. And EVER.
    I couldn't

Ads