+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Lol, me neither.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    6382-2254-4972-9993
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMARIO
    iwata is very right, all you saying its next generation, youre wrong, cos liek he said ,it isnt an upgrade to the others. although, it is very high techm, and is coming into this new era of technology, if thats what you mean.
    the wii is greta, and i see iwatas point, but all the people out there who are too engrossed in the ps3 and xbox, are too stubborn to even TRY and understand
    i don't know why everyone is saying the wii isnt next gen i believe that to be next gen you either have to be more advanced then your last system and more inovative which the wii, xbox360, and the ps3 all are to me this just doesnt make alot of sense why or why not they are next gen systems....
    oh yea it also matters when the system is released <--- that is the main factor
    Wii setup: 1 Wii console, 2 Wii motes, 2 Nunchuck attachments, and Wii sports
    Wii owner since friday the 13th july 2007

Nintendo Fanboy: 39%

Sony Fanboy: 43%

Microsoft Fanboy: 36%

This means you're: Not a fanboy

Member #
    Friends
    I agree.
    Wii is next gen all the way. It's not graphical prowess that matters it's the Revolutionary (wink wink) idea that makes this system so awesome!

...Plus Nintendo kicks a$$
    Nothing more to say.

SSBB site is my home page SuppaRoy's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3481-0462-1023-5980
    Hell people sayin Xbox 360 is Next generation is just stupid. Its just better graphics and more power and wut not. The PS3 i can hand it to them they got ALOT of techincal stuff cramed in the system im guessin they got next generation but the Wii is the defenition of Next gen. Changin the way of gamin completely turnin it upside down.
    MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED - PM me for Friend Code Exchanges. 386653-777982
    MAKE SURE you send me a private message telling me you added me.

Wins-70 Loses-14
    Undefeated within friends roster. Think you can beat me....jus pm me and we will see

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by imahawki
    Sounds like semantics. In fact, the Nintendo is the next gen and 360/PS3 are current gen with better graphics.
    Dude, I feel the same way there!
    [/URL]
    [/URL]
    \\....//\\....//..O...O................Join the Revolution.
    ..\\//....\\//....||...||....................Together, Wii can change the world.

Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    What does "next gen" exactly mean? Does it mean an updated generation of game consoles that are faster, better and more complicated than the older versions of game consoles? Eg Next Gen: PS3, XBOX 360, GC. Old Gen: PS2, XBOX, N64.

Or does it mean a new generation of game consoles? A fresh look in game consoles in the way they handle operations coming from the games and the console hardware? Eg: NES, N64, Wii.

Consider this: combine the two meanings of new and next gen with the history of nintendo, look at the consoles made since the birth of the NES.
    New Generation:
    Consoles:
    NES, N64, Wii
    Handhelds:
    GnW, GB, DS

Next Generation:
    Consoles:
    SNES, GC.
    Handhelds:
    GBC, GBA.

I was thinking about the actual meaning of the word 'next gen'. Wii can say that children are the next gen of their parents. Children are new compared to their parents and are healthier, stronger and fitter than their parents. And they also have characteristics of both the parents and their grandparents etc... Therefore I can say that next gen can refer to the 'offspring' of the older generation. As a result next gen really refers to not only a new, fresh outlook in game consoles but also an offspring of the older generation of consoles.

Overall, the Wii, PS3 and XBOX 360 all are next generation consoles.

Hope this clears the confusion about the "next gen" issue and its semantics.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by linkzeldagame
    What does "next gen" exactly mean? Does it mean an updated generation of game consoles that are faster, better and more complicated than the older versions of game consoles? Eg Next Gen: PS3, XBOX 360, GC. Old Gen: PS2, XBOX, N64.

Or does it mean a new generation of game consoles? A fresh look in game consoles in the way they handle operations coming from the games and the console hardware? Eg: NES, N64, Wii.

Consider this: combine the two meanings of new and next gen with the history of nintendo, look at the consoles made since the birth of the NES.
    New Generation:
    Consoles:
    NES, N64, Wii
    Handhelds:
    GnW, GB, DS

Next Generation:
    Consoles:
    SNES, GC.
    Handhelds:
    GBC, GBA.

I was thinking about the actual meaning of the word 'next gen'. Wii can say that children are the next gen of their parents. Children are new compared to their parents and are healthier, stronger and fitter than their parents. And they also have characteristics of both the parents and their grandparents etc... Therefore I can say that next gen can refer to the 'offspring' of the older generation. As a result next gen really refers to not only a new, fresh outlook in game consoles but also an offspring of the older generation of consoles.

Overall, the Wii, PS3 and XBOX 360 all are next generation consoles.

Hope this clears the confusion about the "next gen" issue and its semantics.
    quite a good analogy but you could have also said the share a name like the next gen consoles after NES all had Nintendo somewhere in their name,

same with the GnW they had the word game

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Ads