LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Nintendo: 'High-End' graphics in the pipeline?

Austalian newspaper The Courier News recently managed to squeeze in an interview with Nintendo big wig Shigeru Miyamoto.

The crux of the interview was based around many of the news items im sure everyone is now fully aware of, ie: end of year release date, the wiimote, and Nintendo's ethos of gameplay over graphics.

On the subject of the 'game over graphics' standpoint Miyamoto made an interesting comment:

He said, “A lot of companies are talking about high-definition and graphics and Nintendo thinks graphics are very important too. You have to look at the number of consumers who actually have access to the type of TV that can allow them to enjoy those high-end graphics.

We thought it was too soon to focus on the high-end graphics.”

He also goes on to add, “Maybe a few years down the road then definitely we will probably look in that direction, but at this point in time we thought it better to use technology not to simply try to re-create the same games over again with better graphics but instead to try and do something new and unique.”

Member #
    Friends
    Interesting. But he is right, not everyone has access to a high definition TV, give it a couple of years, and all TVs will be HD, just like digital TV, soon everyone will have it.
    Play nice or die.

Member #
    Friends
    ^-- true and at the rate tech is adopted widely nintendos followup to the wii (avoiding next-next-gen terminology...) will come at about the time at least 60-75% of households have switched over to hdtv

Member #
    Friends
    High-Tech please i don't see the diffrence in it. I have one and WOW. see nothing eye grabbing. Any way in the next 6 years they'll be some type of new TV Technolgy

Member #
    Friends
    3388-6355-5969-8398
    I don't mind if the graphics aren't top stuff, as long as it's fun and entertaining.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    hd tv is more or less just a television signal in another format. and eventually, every tv will recieve it in this format. just like japana has. In japan, you can actually watch television on your ds, because of the format of it over there, sadly, we cant do that just yet.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    who remembers back to the launch of the Nintendo 64?
    remember how it had the funny AV Connector instead of the oldschool RF unit the SNES had? remember how we all looked for somewhere to plug it into our TVs and AV sockets were nowhere to be found? Now every TV comes defaultly with AV inputs, and in a few years to come every TV manufactured will come with a Hi-Def output by default. A mate of mine had to buy the RF converter for his N64, good days they were

Member #
    Friends
    hd tv is more or less just a television signal in another format. and eventually, every tv will recieve it in this format. just like japana has. In japan, you can actually watch television on your ds, because of the format of it over there, sadly, we cant do that just yet.
    DRMARIO, I didn't even realize that this was possible and I am living in Japan. I was going to ask you for a source, but then I googled it and found out some more info. Thanks for the tip.

In case anybody else hadn't heard of this, here are some links for your info:

Wikipedia article on 1seg
    2006 Spring DS Conference

If you scroll to near the bottom of the second link above, the caption below accompanies the second-to-last picture:

いよいよこの4月から、地上波デジタルのワンセグ放送が始まり、対応する携帯電話機のワンセグ受信対応モデ ルが登場しつつありますが、このカードは、DSでワンセグ放送を受信可能にして、DSを携帯TVに変身させ ます。
    Translated into English (my translation):

At last, 1seg terrestrial digital broadcasting will begin, and while cellular phone models with compatible receivers are being introduced, this card will make it possible to receive 1seg broadcasts on the DS, transforming the DS into a portable TV.
    This "news" is from February 15, 2006, so maybe many of you have heard about it before, but thought I would post just to make it clear.

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    Quote Originally Posted by jerinjapan
    DRMARIO, I didn't even realize that this was possible and I am living in Japan. I was going to ask you for a source, but then I googled it and found out some more info. Thanks for the tip.

In case anybody else hadn't heard of this, here are some links for your info:

Wikipedia article on 1seg
    2006 Spring DS Conference

If you scroll to near the bottom of the second link above, the caption below accompanies the second-to-last picture:

Translated into English (my translation):

This "news" is from February 15, 2006, so maybe many of you have heard about it before, but thought I would post just to make it clear.
    Man I'm telling u u have a really good future in this forum great posts

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Wii online moderator registerednerd's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    just as long as it's color and at least standard def resolution, providing it's nintendo, I'll buy it. I don't understand the others, you go to someone's house and play Xbox, the goal of the game is to shoot each other. Then you switch to PS2, and shoot at each other; it just looks better. Then you go to 360 and it starts looking preatty damn good, but you're still just shooting at each other.
    ... but what do I know?...
    Not currently accepting friend adds.

Ads