LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Also ign says that games are slated as early as oct. 15, now I know that they made put out software first before wii, but a whole month earlier. Your not going to know what to do with yourself with a month. Some people might go mad reading the instruction booklet included with the game.
    wii number:1983-4115-1527-2746 name: FlAsH
    Pokemon Diamond: 4295-9468-4634

Member #
    Friends
    Awesome, the earlier the better (as long as they finish right)

Member #
    Friends
    Actually now that I say it, having the software earlier is a good idea, because then you could like take your game to a store that has the wii demos, and then you could get downloads and such for your game that nobody else would have.
    wii number:1983-4115-1527-2746 name: FlAsH
    Pokemon Diamond: 4295-9468-4634

Member #
    Friends
    Although it's just a rumor, I was excited to see a potential release date quoted in a magazine...at first. Am I the only one who is starting to feel a bit washed out thinking about how many weeks there are until the release? Even though I have a very active life, it seems like time just can't pass fast enough until the Wii is released. I wonder if it might be better for the more obsessed among us to stop torturing ourselves by reading the lastest info/rumors/speculation and just put it on the back burner and wait until we read about it in the newspaper. Does anybody else feel this way?

pit18, I'm not sure what you mean about getting exclusive downloads thanks to having the hardware early. The games will be non-rewritable DVD, and even if you brought in an SD memory card and a game, I think it's doubtful that the folks running the demo would open up the display case for you to let you try it out (unless you have friends at the store or something). Also, while it's possible that the WiiConnect24 service could be accessible before the hardware goes on sale in order to showcase the online functionality, exclusive downloads would probably be tied in with an account of sorts, so even if you were able to download some content to your memory card on the store's unit, it might not work once you finally get the console. Just a thought...but if you have information that I don't, please let me know!

Member #
    Friends
    sounds good to me if its true! i wonder if the headstart before ps3 will help them at all? i hope so!

Member #
    Friends
    7190-3324-3845-8331
    I think the fact that there will be a 200 to 300 USD difference between the PS3 and the Wii will help a lot too. And the creativity Nintendo is bringing back to games (with the controller and the motion sensing capabilities or whatever you want to call them), and the VC as well. As long as people can look past the fact that graphics don't really matter anymore (come on, they're pretty dang good) then Nintendo should have a slam dunk of a system.

Wii, 2 Remotes, 2 Nunchucks, Classic Controller, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda: TP, Resident Evil 4, Metal Slug Anthology, Guitar Hero III
    VC: Mario Bros, Mario Bros 3, Ninja Gaiden II, Sonic 2, Shinobi III, Soldier Blade, Blazing Lasers, Devil's Crush, Lords of Thunder, Harvest Moon, Super Metroid, Castlevania IV, Zelda: Link to the Past, F-Zero GX, Street Fighter II: Turbo, Axelay

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    According to this news post I found on Kotaku.com, the Wii might come 2 months before November. But its not an actual release date from Nintendo.

"News: the Wii is now in production. In fact, it's been in production since at least June 21st.

Considering the fact that the PS3 hasn't even begun production and the 360 only started production 69 days before the sale date, that bodes well for gamers: it means that an October or even possibly September launch is very likely, and that there'll be tons of units available when it hits.

I honestly think Sony is just going to have the crap kicked out of it this gen. November's going to come around and no one's going to even be able to find the $600 PS3... so why not pick up that lithe, sexy Wii selling for $249 on the shelf? This isn't mindless zealot babbling: I wish the PS3 well, because the more consoles, the better. But it seems like they are getting to the point where they've blundered their way well past the point of no return. Florian Eckhardt" -Kotaku.com

September? Awesome! I'll be happy for that.
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Member #
    Friends
    1979-1154-7425-1363
    I think they will announce the price in september and it will launch like october 1st or something. I hope it's early october. Which is the earliest date I can think of for the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    I have a new idea. Lets just wait and see! lol

- Scythe

Member #
    Friends
    7190-3324-3845-8331
    Not a bad plan at all, but that won't make my anticipation go away, nor will anyone elses, therefore the talking is likely to continue, as goofy as it is

Wii, 2 Remotes, 2 Nunchucks, Classic Controller, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda: TP, Resident Evil 4, Metal Slug Anthology, Guitar Hero III
    VC: Mario Bros, Mario Bros 3, Ninja Gaiden II, Sonic 2, Shinobi III, Soldier Blade, Blazing Lasers, Devil's Crush, Lords of Thunder, Harvest Moon, Super Metroid, Castlevania IV, Zelda: Link to the Past, F-Zero GX, Street Fighter II: Turbo, Axelay

Ads