LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

THQ Kills off SmackDown vs. Raw and Announces WWE ‘12 for Wii

THQ has announced today that it’s giving its WWE franchise a complete revamp by killing off the SmackDown vs. Raw name and replacing it with WWE ‘12, the name change bringing with it long-awaited and critical core gameplay improvements, the most creative and extensive feature set to date, and a visceral, edgy and polished presentation.
    “With vital changes to core gameplay, innovative feature support and an incredibly striking presentation, the WWE simulation experience is back with WWE ’12,” said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. “At E3 2011, this is the definitive WWE videogame experience you do not want to miss.”

WWE ’12 will be playable for the first time at E3, in booth #2001 in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center, from June 7-9. And as an extra treat, WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio and WWE Diva Kelly Kelly are due to appear at the booth on Tuesday, June 7 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., with WWE Superstar The Miz due to appear on Wednesday June 8 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

The game is set to offer players the opportunity to engage in the WWE experience via the new Predator Technology dynamic gameplay system, which is poised to deliver the most fluid, dynamic, authentic and action-packed WWE simulation experience to date. Included are the new Breaking Point submission system, new Attributes and control layout and significant improvements to other key gameplay systems, including Momentum and Stamina. WWE Universe Mode 2.0 will generate new and more impactful elements of unpredictability based on player decisions, while dynamic visual changes to gameplay presentation, such as new animations, camera positions, lighting and improved rendering, will set the tone for the game. Fans can rest assured that old favourites such as the best-in-class character creation suite and the Road to Wrestlemania Mode will also be back bigger and better than ever.

WWE ’12 boasts one of the largest rosters of WWE Superstars, WWE Divas and WWE Legends in franchise history, including cover Superstar Randy Orton, John Cena, The Miz and the debuting Alberto Del Rio. Look for the game to be released on all major consoles including Wii on November 22, 2011 in North America. Meanwhile, you can check out the first official trailer here.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8947-8411-0898-6411
    I'm a big wrestling fan and have always gotten each game that came out. I'm excited for this one but I hate RTWM. I want a Season Mode. Come on!

Games I'm Playing: Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart DS, Mario Sports Mix, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Master Quest, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Pokemon HeartGold

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Haven't played any of the recent ones. Mainly because I think there pushing it.
    One a year? Its just becoming like Fifa. I dont want a realistic wrestling game I want something thats silly.
    Bit like Wrestlefest (Bloody great), Virtual Pro wrestling 2 (best ever)

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Ads