LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    WiiChat Member mothershipconnection's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'm a former Sony fanboy, and have become a firm believer in the power of the Wii. Based simply on the fact that it's affordable and Nintendo has taken a huge chunk of the "single system" gamers by having units available, you have to believe that software support will follow the edge in ownership for Wii.
    Blu-Ray is worthless to the vast majority of gamers, plus all of my A/V nerd friends have said it's gonna be HD-DVD all the way.

anybody who likes star wars is guaranteed never to get a woman.
    You mean like EVERYONE who grew up in the 70's and 80's? I don't know a lot of people of my generation who don't like Star Wars. Now, maybe if you said "if you can quote every line from each movie and are fluent in Wookie...", then yeah, you have point.
    Last edited by mothershipconnection; 12-05-2006 at 08:58 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    5574-4537-7049-7984
    Wii rocks, PS3 sucks, 360 aight! End of discussion, for real.

Any company can make a game system with extra media crap, but few can innovate and create new ideas.

Member #
    Friends
    I used to be a hardcore videogamer. I owned both Xbox & PS2 and played like crazy (back in the old day when Resident Evil came out) but I'm kinda getting sick of it now and none of the games on either Xbox360 or PS3 brought back the excitement that I used to have, I played the demos on both consoles: the graphics are nice but after a while, I just walked away, I didn't care much. But with Wii, not only that it's cheaper but it's like blowing a new air into videogame. Remember 3DO when it was first introduced to the market? It's the most advanced and also the most expensive console and how long did it live? Remember Jaguar with games like movies? Wiimote & nunchuck is the most genius idea Nintendo ever came up with and so far so good. Only time will tell if game developers will support this.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Foot
    Any company can make a game system with extra media crap, but few can innovate and create new ideas.
    Hahahahh! Agree with this!

Member #
    Friends
    Dude... Tomqman ... s/wot/what/g

Member #
    Friends
    8112-1897-2331-9869
    In fairness to Sony, Nintendo took the opening volly in this war doing a little trash talking on the PS3 AND the 360. No biggie, I happen to agree. On the other hand, Sony is last to the table with an inflated price tag BUT with the built in massive core audience of the PS/PS2. Time will tell, but the initial lack of supply at the outset is going to drive a lot of gamers to Nintendo...those who waited for PS3s at the outset, got shut out but are itching for the latest now that it looks worse and worse for short term PS3 stocks [Even though they are going for understated word of mouth marketing and few ads, they would have been better off to soak the market right about the time the whole PS3 supply debacle started].

On the flip side, Nintendo is going to have to take the criticism until they have their first bona-fide non-Zelda smash (face it, Zelda is off the chart great, but it would have been a financial "smash" from the built in core audience from the get go even it had turned out to be a turd).

So Nintendo needs to put out something that pushes the graphical limit of the system soon with at least decent game play to break through and show it off. It doesn't need to be Gears of War calibre GFX, but something shows without a doubt that it's more advanced than the GameCube at least. Right now, other than the innovative game play nothing at all shows that this system is one iota better in power or performance than the GameCube.

...and I make these comments as a realist. I had been setting aside cash for months to hit a launch PS3 or back up and upgrade to the 360 (sitting on XB1 and a GC at the time), but as soon as I started to see the vids and pre-launch info this summer my son and I both agreed to chuck all of that many towards the Wii investment first (and he had been jonesing BAD for the 360...a couple of the early Wii gameplay videos alone made him basically drop it all to tell me that the Wii should come first).
    Last edited by ScuzzBuster; 12-05-2006 at 10:14 PM.

ScuzzBuster
    Old Skool Gaming

Member #
    Friends
    I agree, no one is strong in every aspects. The reasons I didn't get Gamecube are just those you mentioned: the games lean toward kiddie's stuff and less powerful than Xbox or PS2. Even though Sony has massive fans but I heard that the majority of people waiting in lines for days for the PS3 are those that want to make quick bucks on eBay. Wii has better gameplay but same graphics, PS3 has better graphics but same old gameplay. And for me, I would pick gameplay over graphics (not even to mention that everything is cheaper from console itself to controlers and especially games) AND... if I want better graphics, I spend a little bit more and I have something of both worlds: $650 for BOTH Xbox360 AND Wii vs. $600 for PS3 (not to mention that Xbox360 has better online support not only for games but also media, like iTunes, real soon! And even though Xbox360 is less powerful but it's not like night & day and I can live with that. Look at Gears of War, some even like it more than Resistance! How's about Halo 3 not that far from now!)

Member #
    Friends
    man im sick of sony and there bluray bluray BLURAY crap i mean look at the psp and the umd movies the umd movies didnt even last a year! could the bluray have the same fait??

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    I think most of you need to take some time and compare gamecube graphics to wii graphics, too many of you are saying its the same, when in fact its not. The wii graphics I seen so far are far better than the older GC.

Remax has made plenty of true and valid arguements through his endless spam in this thread, especially when he could of put every message he had into one post rather than posting one after another.

Blue diodes are expensive, it has more to do with Sonys production speed and supply availiability than how many they have sold. The best arguement I've seen was the recycle and reinnovate arguement.

5% of US households have HDTV, Nintendo was smart in not taking the HD route just yet. Blu-ray will fail, why? Because it doesn't have the backing of microsoft (they are supporting HD-DVD). Granted its true more space means more game storage. However 50 some whatever GB is an insane amount of space right now.

Its true, very few companies out there today truly reinnovate/innovate new technology. A few being Apple and Nintendo for example. Ever noticed that Apple and Nintendo follow the same business practices? Makes you wonder why they are hugely successful companies, and rated number one in customer service in their respective industries.

DX10 just plain outright owns any console system right now. Don't believe it? Check out Crysis.

Computer games aren't for computer geeks. Don't stereotype, it only makes you appear like your talking out of your ass.

Last point, if you think your wii is losing its appeal, why you continue to come here evades me. Sell it, there are tons out there who would love to have it.

Member #
    Friends
    I don't want to sound like a Sony lover or a Wii hater, but the sony rep. made a valid and true point.

PS3 and Wii are not the same thing!

He did say the "Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up" Now, notice how he said "more fun" MORE FUN!!!! That's what the Wii is all about right their!!!

Now, don't bash PS3. It's true that it' the gadget right now that comes the closest to being an all entertainment center. I personally always wanted such a device. Actually, I always wished for a device as good as a PC in versatility but that would be small and easily accessible through my TV and sofa while I eat. That's what the dude said the PS3 was all about: "a broader entertainment solution"

You people need to stop being biased, the PR actually stated valid facts.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Ads