LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0213-2291-6794-7610
    i pulled my strap and it broke. did that for testing purposes. atm im using the wrist strap i got with my glove (looks cooler)

Member #
    Friends
    i dont use the strap wen i play zelda its not like i'm gonna get up and start swinging like crazy u just slightly move the remote and he swings :S dont know why people get over-excited! maybe wen i play boxing i put the strap on and go a little crazy, but i'm in control and grip the remote firmly, it's no big deal! my straps are fine dunno if that's because i'm aussie or not?

Member #
    Friends
    8622-2818-8336-9466
    as anyone sent off and had one sent to them yet?

Member #
    Friends
    2783-8719-1866-4201
    I heard about this a few days ago, and I agree with alot of you that only a complete retard would have managed to break the wrist strap. I mean, it's not like your just going to swing and let go of the remote. And why in the world would people be swinging so hard anyways. lol

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-
    --- Wii Friend Code: 2783-8719-1866-4201 ---
    --- MoH:H2 Persona: shrimpy20 ---
    --- Want more info? PM me! ---
    --- http://www.hellzoneclan.org ---

WiiChat Member +BulletForMyValentine+'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo Sued Over Wiimote

Nintendo has finally received its first lawsuit against the Wii. The lawsuit accuses Nintendo of violating the Washington Consumer Protection Act by engaging in “unfair or deceptive practices” by telling consumers that the wrist strap was to keep the controller in control of the user and then providing a strap that was ineffective for the intended use. In addition, the lawsuit accuses Nintendo of a breach of warranty.

“As a result of the defective nature of the wrist strap on the Wii remote, plantiff’s wrist strap broke in his remote causing damage to the Wii product plaintiff purchased. The controller is an essential component of any video game console, and so plaintiff is unable to use the Wii for its intended purposes as a result of the broken wrist band. Accordingly, it renders the Wii console, which retails in the United States for $250, useless,” the suit reads.

Nintendo isn’t concerned about the lawsuit. “We believe the lawsuit to be completely without merit. Nintendo has a long tradition of delivering high-quality products and excellent customer service, and we take all reports from our customers seriously. At the time we became aware of the lawsuit, we had already taken appropriate steps to reinforce with consumers the proper use of the Wii Remote and had made stronger replacement wrist straps available. This suit has had no effect on those efforts,” Nintendo officially stated.

Member #
    Friends
    Well for those that have a Wii or been wanting to get one might want to think again or at least really watch what is going on because there is some really bad news for Nintendo. Even settling out of court is still a big hit to a company if that is the route they have to take.

"Nintendo Sued for Patent Infringement
    The Wiimote may not be as unique as we thought.
    by Micah Seff
    December 8, 2006 - In a surprising turn of events, Nintendo is already the target of litigious action concerning its newly released Wii console. California-based Interlink electronics has filed a complaint against Nintendo for what it has deemed to be a case of copyright infringement over the pointing functionalities of the Wiimote.
    Gaming blog Kotaku has obtained a court filing, issued by the US District Court of Delaware, which accuses Nintendo of infringing on a patent filed previously by Interlink Electronics. The court filing claims that Interlink Electronics has suffered "loss of reasonable royalties, reduced sales and/or lost profits as a result of the infringing activities of" Nintendo.
    The claim refers to a patent filed in February, 2005 which refers to a device titled "Trigger Operated Electronic Device." The patent describes the advice as a "trigger operated device in the nature of a pointing device for use with an electronic system such as a computer." The patent continues to describe a device which, on the surface, sounds an awful like the Wii's controller.
    The complaint demands that Nintendo be enjoined and restrained from further infringing on the patent, presumably by taking the Wii off the market. Furthermore, the filing demands that the court order Nintendo to pay Interlink three times the assessed damages, including prejudgment interests and attorney fees. Additionally, the plaintiff is demanding a jury trial of any and all issues pertaining to the case".

Member #
    Friends
    Yup its all true Nintendo is going to have to pay millions to get this over with so all you people that want a wii for christmas i tell your mom and dad to wait about 3-4 years

Member #
    Friends
    there get sued for two different things so it going to cost them alot of money no less then 30 million

Member #
    Friends
    Are you Fu****g kidding me?

Member #
    Friends
    So what, your saying we just wasted our money? It can't be the case! It's a fuggin remote sad asses need to learn to use it bloody noobs..And what, now they copied some other dude's technology? CRY MORE!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads