+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: SBB For Wii U/3DS

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1209-6008-3137-0001
    Just looked up mew2king. That guys a psychopath with mewtwo and he was A+ing a Falco player (One of Melees faster characters). Plus im learning so good combos and seeing he can grab OTG. Since his throws dont do much distance he can link em together which is cool.

But yes, I am a newbie to melee seeing I haven't played it in so long and I didn't even know about balance stuff like I do now. I couldn't afford a wii for a while so I was the only kid in school still playin melee in 07 on my GC. I was kinda pissed on that so I practiced hard and played alot of kids in my neighbor hood who stilled played melee (Kinda why I wasn't getting destroyed when I finally got brawl). Then in 08 I got a wii and brawl and haven't looked back at melee since until now.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    So what where the best ideas so far?
    A list would be nice.

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsteady View Post
    Just looked up mew2king. That guys a psychopath with mewtwo and he was A+ing a Falco player (One of Melees faster characters). Plus im learning so good combos and seeing he can grab OTG. Since his throws dont do much distance he can link em together which is cool.
    You need to find his recent shit, bro. His melee Sheik is regarded as one of the best in the world. His Marth also had it's payday a few years back, but nowadays when you see it in tourny play, M2K's Marth seems underwhelming, sadly.

... There aren't enough good Marth players anymore. =/ Falcon players as well. It's all Fox, Falco, and Sheik for ****'s sake. American metagames are always so ****ing consolidated... Meta and Snake prove this further in Brawl. =/

On that matter, Europe's metagame is ****ing intense for Brawl, man. N00bs can't tell whether it's something like Brawl + or not because they play to aggro (Brawl+ is a hack used to change Brawl's mechanics; it's like Melee but more balanced and every character is good; YES, EVEN BRAWL FALCON! Look it up on youtube, bros). Characters like Sheik and Wolf actually get surprising mileage in the Euro metagame. I believe they're both low tier ATM, and they're both aggro characters, so that should say somethin'. Snake and Meta are also rare in the European metagame for Brawl, which is even more fantastic. Americans don't have any ****in' respect when it comes to high-end, competitive gaming.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1209-6008-3137-0001
    Ill look into Brawl+.

And yes the majority of the American competitive fighting game scene does not recognize Smash as a fighting franchise which is bull to me. The Brawl scene is viewed to them as either a bunch of 27 year old single man-children, or 13 year olds who play NOTHING but Smash. It pretty much got forced to go underground which sucks. Plus a lot of players in american brawl leagues are playing fixed matches now.

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    ... There aren't enough good Marth players anymore. =/ Falcon players as well. It's all Fox, Falco, and Sheik for ****'s sake. American metagames are always so ****ing consolidated... Meta and Snake prove this further in Brawl. =/
    I want Ken back. I miss his Marth dominance.

And i do know about brawl+. I don't care for it that much.

and i fully agree that the american brawl metagame is slow paced and full of campers. I wish some of the old pros. came back to melee or went to brawl
    Last edited by Mr. MR; 08-13-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4990-6093-3910-9285
    Brawl +? Believe it or not, I don't know much about it. XD

Hey, hey, heeeey.
    Can't forget us Peach players.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 08-13-2011 at 08:41 PM.

( ssbb friend code⇨ 1549-6612-2334 )
    just let me know if you add me, thanks *

She-Hulk for Smash 4 WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Ill look into Brawl+.

And yes the majority of the American competitive fighting game scene does not recognize Smash as a fighting franchise which is bull to me. The Brawl scene is viewed to them as either a bunch of 27 year old single man-children, or 13 year olds who play NOTHING but Smash. It pretty much got forced to go underground which sucks. Plus a lot of players in american brawl leagues are playing fixed matches now.
    Brawl leagues? Are my eyes screwed up, cause I always thought Korea was the only country with srs bsns gaming competitions.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Tales of the Abyss, Ocarina 3DS.
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Ken's playstyle is outdated anyways. It's obvious his innovation and raw skill would carry him far if he came back and could shake the rust, but he'd still need to adapt to succeed in the highest level of play.

... It would be epic to see 'em make a comeback, though...

Quote Originally Posted by oheric View Post
    Brawl +? Believe it or not, I don't know much about it. XD
    If you have homebrew, it wouldn't hurt to take a look into it. It's essentially a hack that balances Brawl and makes it more fast paced. Increased hitstun so you can do ACTUAL combos, tech chases, etc. This also makes camping with projectiles or a Wall of Pain relatively obsolete in the game, so it's fast paced and more fun, IMO.

Not to mention Meta gets nerfed so he's not a broken characted. xD Probably the biggest selling point for me. I can play my main without hating myself.

There's also Brawl -, which takes the game and literally breaks it, lol. Every character is overpowered; all characters receive buffs (even Meta, but they're small), get crazy upgraded attacks or better attacks in general, and hitstun is absurdly long. It's basically for the lulz, it's not a fair game at all. But it's so ****ing fun. xD

Probably my favorite upgrade in Brawl - is Jigglypuff's shield gives off a huge explosion which usually kills when it breaks... Suicide bombing to the extreme.

'Course, if you don't have homebrew, forget everything you just heard.

Quote Originally Posted by oheric View Post
    Hey, hey, heeeey.
    Can't forget us Peach players.
    True, true. Peach does have a place in Brawl and Melee's meta, she's just not as commonplace like Brawl's Meta Knight and Melee's Fox. Which is a good thing, as variety is the spice of life and games.

That is DEFINITELY not what I meant at all, lmao. I don't know where the hell you got that fixed match idea, either... Where the **** did all that come from bro?

My point was, Brawl's USA metagame is campy and Meta Knight-Snake centralized. The Euro metagame absolutely is not, it's aggro and at the very least, more diverse.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Ken's playstyle is outdated anyways. It's obvious his innovation and raw skill would carry him far if he came back and could shake the rust, but he'd still need to adapt to succeed in the highest level of play.

... It would be epic to see 'em make a comeback, though...

True, true. Peach does have a place in Brawl and Melee's meta, she's just not as commonplace like Brawl's Meta Knight and Melee's Fox. Which is a good thing, as variety is the spice of life and games.

That is DEFINITELY not what I meant at all, lmao. I don't know where the hell you got that fixed match idea, either... Where the **** did all that come from bro?

My point was, Brawl's USA metagame is campy and Meta Knight-Snake centralized. The Euro metagame absolutely is not, it's aggro and at the very least, more diverse.
    Why can't USA be like Europe?
    I say brawl to have fun and not just win. Those who Brawl to win use Meta Knight, Snake and infa chain grabbing Ice Climbers. I wish more people would play with characters they like and not just the broken ones. That is why tier lists are not that helpful. Yes, it shows who is good and all, but people get into the mind set that low tier characters are horrible. That is why I like watching Izaw. His Link and Wolf are very hard too beat, and Link is very low tier (the last time I checked). Ixis' bowser is also not that bad. If Americans stop looking at the tier list and start learning how to play low and mid tier, then that would make me a very happy person.

I wish some US pro would change the American Metagame by demolishing these meta knight and snake players with some low tier character.
    Last edited by Mr. MR; 08-14-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    Why can't USA be like Europe?
    I say brawl to have fun and not just win. Those who Brawl to win use Meta Knight, Snake and infa chain grabbing Ice Climbers. I wish more people would play with characters they like and not just the broken ones. That is why tier lists are not that helpful. Yes, it shows who is good and all, but people get into the mind set that low tier characters are horrible.
    Playing in tournies is Brawling to win money and fame, friend. You don't Brawl to have fun there, 'less competitive Brawling is your thing. Hence why people are there in the first place. Not everyone has the mindset "camping is boring, gay, and annoying", most of which are either hypocrites or competitive Brawlers.

Anyone who is absorbed by playing only good characters is garbage regardless, so unless you're garbage yourself, there's no need to worry about 'em. I enjoy crushing n00bs and making them regret snagging only top tier characters, honestly. Only good comes from the tier list, bro. Or at least, no evils that're very noticeable. =P

The reason the US metagame is the way it is isn't because people think all low-tier characters are shit, y'know. The original US metagame; before it was consolidated and the foundations of counter-mechanics and the like were consolidated; it was essentially the Euro metagame, just everyone was a n00b. Everyone used characters that appear almost never in either metagame. The tier list didn't exist since the beginning, after all.

I'd go into a long and probably multi-page discussion of how metagames are formed and why the US and Euro metagames are so different, but... yeah. I don't think anyone would read it.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads