Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: SBB For Wii U/3DS

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Playing in tournies is Brawling to win money and fame, friend. You don't Brawl to have fun there, 'less competitive Brawling is your thing. Hence why people are there in the first place. Not everyone has the mindset "camping is boring, gay, and annoying", most of which are either hypocrites or competitive Brawlers.

Anyone who is absorbed by playing only good characters is garbage regardless, so unless you're garbage yourself, there's no need to worry about 'em. I enjoy crushing n00bs and making them regret snagging only top tier characters, honestly. Only good comes from the tier list, bro. Or at least, no evils that're very noticeable. =P

The reason the US metagame is the way it is isn't because people think all low-tier characters are shit, y'know. The original US metagame; before it was consolidated and the foundations of counter-mechanics and the like were consolidated; it was essentially the Euro metagame, just everyone was a n00b. Everyone used characters that appear almost never in either metagame. The tier list didn't exist since the beginning, after all.

I'd go into a long and probably multi-page discussion of how metagames are formed and why the US and Euro metagames are so different, but... yeah. I don't think anyone would read it.
    I know "fortune and glory (who knows this quote)." No risk in playing low tier. But the low tier is not completely worthless. I just want to see pure skill instead of relying on top tier characters. you read my update on my last post right? I updated it right after i posted it. anyway i said that i like watching Izaw because he plays low and mid tier. He uses skill without camping the other guys butt off.

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    ^^^ Yeah, I read your entire post bro.

People who're winning tournies aren't relying on the top tiers, lol. They're relying on skill. As I said, anyone who just picks up characters because they're a good character, and not because they're good with the character, is doomed to fail time and again, never getting past a noobish skill level.

Not to mention there are plenty of people who don't go Snake/Meta at tournies, they just don't get the spotlight because they rarely get to the finals. Anyone you see break out of the pools and into the brackets is winning because of skill.

For example, I have no gripes admitting that these often-tourny winning pros would own my Meta with Falcon, for ****'s sake. I'm skilled, but they're on an entire other level. Even if I have the best match-up in the game to aid me, (Meta v. Falcon is debated to be 90-10, obviously in Meta's favor) they'd still win, probably with relative ease.

Not that I'm disagreeing with pros picking rare characters and mixing things up, of course. I've been sick of seeing Melee Fox all over the place (especially Fox-Fox in doubles, ugh... ~_~) since '06 or maybe sooner, and Meta/Snake in Brawl are even more ubiquitous that it makes me sick, and I don't even watch the big Brawl tournies anymore. When someone skilled enough to break match ups out of their favor shows up and literally changes the metagame, I can assure you I'm cheerin' 'em on as well.

Oh, Gimpyfish... How we miss ya.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    I like watching money matches, because low tier exists in it.
    And yes pros do have skill i know that but combined with meta knight/snake AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Not cool.
    Thanks for your input SSBfreakCK.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1209-6008-3137-0001
    Actually theres a lot of under performance in some US tourneys around here

http://www.gytnews.com/articles/news...d-penalty.html

(But whatever. I wont hold two guys accountable for the whole community)

One thing I notice in fighting game communities (and this is just speculation) is that lots people who are already skilled (not ALL) go for the top tier characters just to make it easier to win (NOT implying they're lazy) so as to have the most advantages (I.E Daigo going for Yun in SSFIVAE and Justin Wong using Kung Lao in Mortal Kombat). When they Combine their skill with the best characters they result in a forced to be reckoned with. With that, People who like to do as the better players do also decide to main those top tier players and thats why we see so many of certain players in certain games.

Man, the starter roster in melee is not fun at all. I gotta unlock more people.....

Member #
    Its a secret. I tell, U die! Still wanna know?
    Friends
    2053-4984-0224-2269
    Nintendo needs to man up and add serious characters. Keep Snake, he my fav. brawler anyway. Sonic was ok, but im still waitin on Shadow to join the fight; heck u can even add Knuckles and Silva too.

Upgrade Custom Stage Creater!!
    More backgrounds, add water/lava ability, more platform designs.

Brawl had 35 brawlers so im guessing the new SSB will hav around 30 to 50 characters if we'er lucky.

They should add...
    Character Creation (CC) Mode!!
    1.Change Look (height, weight, skin color, etc.)
    2.Change Clothes (shirt, pants, shoes, etc.)
    3.Custom character Voice
    4.Adjust Atk. Def. Spd. and Jump height for character
    5.Final Smash (FS) Creation for your character

Plus you should b able 2 unlock more items for ur CC as u go through the SSB storys aka Adventure Mode and Classic Mode.

New Brawl Modes:
    1.Six Man Brawl Fest
    2.Three On Three
    3.Two/Three Man Tag Tourneys

Last thing I wanna Discuss....
    Final Smash Stock Up/ Lvl Upgrade: Basically When u get the Smash Ball u should be able to store it, u know save it 4 later, and wait 4 the next smashball to appear. Smash that 1 too ull then get a lvl 2, store it. U can store it up to 3 times (lvl 3). Every lvl increases ur FS's Range and Power.

Ive been thinking about these game ideas since i first got brawl. Although half this stuff probably wont b n the next game, i just wanted 2 share my ideas. C u guys later.
    Last edited by Mutterbud; 08-15-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    Theres 365 days in a year that u Noobs hav to live up to. That means theres 365 days in a year that u Noobs get Owned by Me!

Heres the codes 4 the games I play:
    MarioKart FC: 1377-4538-5089
    SSBB FC: 4770-4776-3663.

Pm me if ur gonna add me as a friend on either game.

All Hale Soul 'Eater' Evens!!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutterbud View Post
    Sonic was ok, but im still waitin on Shadow to join the fight; heck u can even add Knuckles and Silva too.
    SBB For Wii U/3DS-ha_ha_ha-_oh_wow.jpg
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    As I said before i want more Fire Emblem Characters.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2053-4984-0224-2269
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    As I said before i want more Fire Emblem Characters.
    Roy We Miss U Man!!......

Anyways, other ideas i had on character choices for the next SSB:
    1. Vector from sonic (He'd kick the crap outta sonic. lol)
    2. Grey Fox from the MGS series (No longer will he be an Assist Trophy!)
    3. Funky Kong (a little too kiddish, but a good change out for DK)
    4. Daisy-Mario Strikers Version (got idea from Striker Daisy Trophy on Brawl)
    5. Meta Sonic (just in case Shadow doesnt make it)
    Last edited by Mutterbud; 08-15-2011 at 09:09 PM.
    Theres 365 days in a year that u Noobs hav to live up to. That means theres 365 days in a year that u Noobs get Owned by Me!

Member #
    Friends
    2053-4984-0224-2269
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    One character I would add is “Masked Link” from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. He would be like the Pokemon Trainer; being able to switch between his 3 forms in Majora’s Mask, excluding “Fierce Deity Link” and “Young Link.” In his entrance Young Link would put on one of the three masks (Deku Link, Zora Link, and Goron Link). His Final Smash, obviously, would be “Fierce Deity Link.” I will post the move set later.
    I totally agree man!! To me, I thought Toon Link stole alot of Link's thunder. Majora's Mask would totally put Link bak on top as #1!!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Well not just Roy... Lyn, Hector, and some tome user. There are millions of Fire Emblem Characters just waiting to be noticed.

So what would be the moveset for a Majora's Mask Link?

Spoiler Alert!

Ads