LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Will the Wii U play previous wii and Gamecube games in HD?

It could prolly play regluar Wii games in HD (most in 720P while some in 1080P), but can it play Gamecube games also? (in HD or ED/SD)

If it won't play Gamecube games, they'll probably make some of them available fer download on the Wii U's shopping channel.

Speeking of VC, along with adding GOOD titles (not crappy horses#!t), they could also add Sega Saturn, Sega CD/32X, Atari Jaguar, 3D0 (Maybe), and Sega Dreamcast stuff on there if Ninty gets the proper licenceing to do so.

If they put stuff from the Philips CD-I on (like Hotel Mario and the horrid LOZ titles... among other shitewipe titles), some ppl (like me) will freek!... While others (hopefully not) such as the Youtube poopers may jump and jizz their pants in joy.
    I try to make my posts clear and easy to understand so they don't sound like "imA gonsdds 2yuz shvsdfoool" or whatever 2cuokls4usz crap most ppl speek in the land of brooklyn nowadays.

LOL!!

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldo View Post
    It could prolly play regluar Wii games in HD (most in 720P while some in 1080P), but can it play Gamecube games also? (in HD or ED/SD)
    The wii games wont be in HD, unless upscaled.
    I think Nintendo are forgetting about the Game cube as nothing is set in stone
    If it won't play Gamecube games, they'll probably make some of them available fer download on the Wii U's shopping channel.
    Thats about 4 Gamecube titles then
    Speeking of VC, along with adding GOOD titles (not crappy horses#!t), they could also add Sega Saturn, Sega CD/32X, Atari Jaguar, 3D0 (Maybe), and Sega Dreamcast stuff on there if Ninty gets the proper licenceing to do so.
    Yes, but expect crap first, see previous statement, see preprevious statement, HA no!, again there's nothing on it that hasn't bee ported before.

The people that want a 3DO have never played on one. yes it is that bad.
    If they put stuff from the Philips CD-I on (like Hotel Mario and the horrid LOZ titles... among other shitewipe titles), some ppl (like me) will freek!... While others (hopefully not) such as the Youtube poopers may jump and jizz their pants in joy.
    See me 3DO comment

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    3428-8826-2456-3690
    wii game will not be up-scaled

She-Hulk for Smash 4 WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Thats about 4 Gamecube titles then
    You... you ruined my respect for the gamecube!
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Tales of the Abyss, Ocarina 3DS.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonybest1 View Post
    they didn't say if it's not gonna be upscaled yet.. and since emulators on the pc upscale the wii isos it's not gonna be hard to upscale them in wii u.. its not hardcoded or anything

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by smashbros3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonybest1 View Post
    they didn't say if it's not gonna be upscaled yet.. and since emulators on the pc upscale the wii isos it's not gonna be hard to upscale them in wii u.. its not hardcoded or anything
    Nintendo spokesman says no upscaling:
    http://www.giantbomb.com/news/your-w...on-wii-u/3357/

Member #
    Friends
    8702-4199-3324-5285
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldo View Post

But I like Hotel Mario, the only thing bad I saw when playing this game was the controls. The graphics and sound could be recreated so why not make a remake. Not telling nintendo to do it. I'm doing it for my own enjoyment and only for my play. Don't say anything bad. This is just me.

Member #
    Friends
    5839-7740-6663-0323
    They said the wii u will not play gamecube games. All i know is that the wii u will come out on propriety high density optical disks, Blue ray and dvds wont work and the power is slightly higher than the ps3 and 360.

htt
    Spoiler Alert!

Ads