LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask for Wii U?

  1. #1
    WiiChat Member link2000's Avatar
    Member #
    78934
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    131
    Friends
    34
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7389-5692-2682-5408

    Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask for Wii U?

    I have some interesting somewhat fresh news that a remake of Majora's mask is going to be for the Wii U. The rumor has it that Nintendo itself announced this game with a teaser trailer. I've watched the video and it seems rather legit in my opinion. If this is real, then I hope Nintendo decides to go with it, because it would be a fine add to the Wii U's software lineup. Do you think it would be wise for Nintendo, or do you think the remake will appeal to others like the original Majora's mask did?

  2. #2
    Poink WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    65950
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mira
    Posts
    6,320
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Somehow the graphics look worse. Which defeats the purpose of a remake.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572


    Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

  3. #3
    WiiChat Member link2000's Avatar
    Member #
    78934
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    131
    Friends
    34
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7389-5692-2682-5408
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Somehow the graphics look worse. Which defeats the purpose of a remake.
    I honestly can't see how. What were you expecting? A similarity of Elder scrolls 5, or Mass effect 3? XD
    Last edited by link2000; 09-02-2012 at 07:32 PM.

  4. #4
    Poink WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    65950
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mira
    Posts
    6,320
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    The point of a remake, according to fans, is that the game looks "realistic". Why else would you want to see another release of the game?
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572


    Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

  5. #5
    WiiChat Member link2000's Avatar
    Member #
    78934
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    131
    Friends
    34
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7389-5692-2682-5408
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    The point of a remake, according to fans, is that the game looks "realistic". Why else would you want to see another release of the game?
    So your argument is that a remake of a game must be realistic, or it won't be accepted by the fanbase? Then explain to me how Ocarina of time 3D sold so well on its launch; considering the fact it was just a mere brush up of the original.

  6. #6
    Poink WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    65950
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mira
    Posts
    6,320
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Same as the original, with updated graphics for a portable game system. WiiU is a next gen system, with supposedly superior graphics than ESV and Mass Effect. Anything less would be a dissapointment. This is all assuming the video was genuine, which is probably just a fan video.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572


    Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

  7. #7
    Miltank is a Baws 7DeadlyCow's Avatar
    Member #
    89707
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    25
    Friends
    5
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    The Happy Mask Salesman still has the Mario mask on his back...Awesome.

  8. #8
    WiiChat Member link2000's Avatar
    Member #
    78934
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    131
    Friends
    34
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7389-5692-2682-5408
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Same as the original, with updated graphics for a portable game system. WiiU is a next gen system, with supposedly superior graphics than ESV and Mass Effect. Anything less would be a dissapointment. This is all assuming the video was genuine, which is probably just a fan video.
    There's a possibility that it's not real, but none of the less; it looks gorgeous in my opinion. The game has improved textures, foliage, lighting and shadowing; you say that isn't good enough for you, because the structures of the characters resemble a cartoonish style (please). The 3DS is technically a portable Gamecube, therefore giving the developers a chance of actually making Ocarina of time 3D look better than it does now. Guess what? They didn't take advantage of that!
    Last edited by link2000; 09-02-2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Potatoes!

  9. #9
    Poink WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    65950
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mira
    Posts
    6,320
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by link2000 View Post
    you say that isn't good enough for you, because the structures of the characters resemble a cartoonish style (please).
    Lies and deceit. Graphical power is not the same as artistic direction.

    Quote Originally Posted by link2000
    The 3DS is technically a portable Gamecube, therefore giving the developers a chance of actually making Ocarina of time 3D look better than it does now. Guess what? They didn't take advantage of that.
    Ocarina 3D doesn't have characters that look like Bethesda's claylike models, like the video above.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572


    Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

  10. #10
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    16,259
    Friends
    123
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    What irony, rewatched that trailer earlier today by chance.

    Burstin' your bubble straight away bro, the trailer is fan made. T'was released (or rather, "leaked") a few days prior to Ninty's Wii U reveal at whichever E3, and was quickly debunked as not official after Ninty's E3 showed no signs of a Majora's Mask reveal. ... So yeah, that fan-trailer's been 'round for over a year. Beastly ain't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    The point of a remake, according to fans, is that the game looks "realistic". Why else would you want to see another release of the game?
    Logic dictates me to consider you're trollin', but... ... ... Do some people really think that?

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Zelda: Majora mask Save problems
    By bars03 in forum Virtual Console, WiiWare and DSIWare
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 09:26 PM
  2. RUMOR: Zelda Wii is Majora's Mask sequel
    By castlezelda in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 04:00 PM
  3. majora's mask 4 vc
    By boxworthy in forum Virtual Console, WiiWare and DSIWare
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 08:55 PM
  4. When do The Legend Of Zelda: Majoras Mask comes out?
    By syce167 in forum Virtual Console, WiiWare and DSIWare
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 06:30 PM
  5. Zelda: Majora's Mask?
    By Shantei in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 01:43 AM

Search tags for this page

majora's mask wii u

Click on a term to search for related topics.