+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    If Pokemon was also on non-Ninty systems, it'd sell more. The series would only become more profitable, and Game Freak along with it. The fact that it's an exclusive is a negative for everyone but Nintendo by that very reasoning: Game Freak has less sales, and people who are either not willing or are too poor to buy a 3DS just for Pokemon don't get to play the game they want to. If it were not to be exclusive, you're right: it'd be a negative effect. For Nintendo solely. That's proof for my point, exclusivity does nothing but benefit whatever company that procures a title/series. No one else. No middle man, not the gamers, not the developers, only the suits benefit.

So, if Ninty's handheld(s) would decline in popularity and thus sales 'n profitability, what does that tell ya? Title exclusivity is a tool to sell consoles, nothing more. If game exclusivity was thrown out the window, Ninty would no longer be so clearly on top of popularity charts. Only a very small amount of stupid people would ever buy an Xbone. It'd be a battle of who's making the better console, not who owns the best developer studios.

Obviously I can't say for sure whether or not the removal of exclusivity would be nothing but beneficial for gamers and developers alike, but the practice has it's downfalls. T'is my point, that exclusivity is a negative trait of gaming that perhaps should be outright destroyed, or at least done better. For example, exclusive titles would only have their "exclusive" status for a year or two, and be released later for other systems after a set period of time. So long as other systems would get an otherwise exclusive game eventually, assuming developers do want to port the title(s) in question, I wouldn't complain 'bout this issue at all.

/off topic

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    If Pokemon was also on non-Ninty systems, it'd sell more. The series would only become more profitable, and Game Freak along with it. The fact that it's an exclusive is a negative for everyone but Nintendo by that very reasoning: Game Freak has less sales, and people who are either not willing or are too poor to buy a 3DS just for Pokemon don't get to play the game they want to. If it were not to be exclusive, you're right: it'd be a negative effect. For Nintendo solely. That's proof for my point, exclusivity does nothing but benefit whatever company that procures a title/series. No one else. No middle man, not the gamers, not the developers, only the suits benefit.

So, if Ninty's handheld(s) would decline in popularity and thus sales 'n profitability, what does that tell ya? Title exclusivity is a tool to sell consoles, nothing more. If game exclusivity was thrown out the window, Ninty would no longer be so clearly on top of popularity charts. Only a very small amount of stupid people would ever buy an Xbone. It'd be a battle of who's making the better console, not who owns the best developer studios.

Obviously I can't say for sure whether or not the removal of exclusivity would be nothing but beneficial for gamers and developers alike, but the practice has it's downfalls. T'is my point, that exclusivity is a negative trait of gaming that perhaps should be outright destroyed, or at least done better. For example, exclusive titles would only have their "exclusive" status for a year or two, and be released later for other systems after a set period of time. So long as other systems would get an otherwise exclusive game eventually, assuming developers do want to port the title(s) in question, I wouldn't complain 'bout this issue at all.

/off topic
    games like final fantasy and metal gear solid were exclusive and turned multiplat...did it help developers there?

sometimes i feel killzone and resisitance only sold that much because they are playstation house brands....idk

but yea i wish every game was multiplat...then you would only need 1 console :P
    Wii Games: Mario Glaxay 1&2, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart wii, wii sports, wii play, Wii Party, Force Unleashed 1, Godzilla Unleashed, indiana jones:SoK Wii, Metriod:Trilogy, TMNT:Smash-Up, CoD:Reflex&black ops,NSMBwii, Link's zapper training,goldeneye,tomb raider anniversary,metroid otherM.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by FloYdian View Post
    games like final fantasy and metal gear solid were exclusive and turned multiplat...did it help developers there?
    In sales, definitely. In other ways, probably. For example, there wouldn't be a Final Fantasy fanbase amongst Microsod's own if those more recent FF game(s?) didn't get a 360 port.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads