• 1 Post By Tragonight
  • 1 Post By DirtyMangl

Thread: NEW upcoming Wii U game Swipe Knight

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

NEW upcoming Wii U game Swipe Knight

Hello everybody,
    My name is Tommy and I been making games for about 5 years or so, and last month I got approved by Nintendo to make games for Wii U. I am so happy and excited because since I was 4 years old my dream has been to make games for Nintendo, and now 23 years later its finally happening

NEW upcoming Wii U game Swipe Knight-octocactus.png

Here is some very early images my upcoming Wii U game Swipe Knight.
    Swipe knight is a metroidvania game with many unique features and game mechanics. One of the most outstanding mechanics is that you control the character by swiping the touchscreen.
    Swipe up to jump and swipe down to slide.
    Swipe in the direction the hero is walking to attack.
    Swipe in the opposite direction to turn around and walk in the other direction.
    Swipe down while jumping to do a down thrust.
    And more.

This might sound a bit weird to some of you, but I will post a trailer of the game in about a week or so and then you will understand that itís not as weird as it seems, its actually really comfortable.
    Players can also control the hero with the left analog stick in which work in the same way as the swipes.

The idea came from all these popular mobile games like Cookie run and Subway surf, they have a particular addictive feel to them.
    I wanted to capture the addictive gameplay of those games and put it in a metroidvania style setting. The result is something truly unique.

You get the best of 2 worlds, the simple addictive gameplay elements of a casual game taken to a whole new level mixed with the excitement of exploring a vast world, finding new items, fighting huge bosses and all that good stuff.

STORY

Swipe Knight does not only have 1, but 2 stories. The main story which will be about 65% of the game is focusing on how the leader of a cult is trying to resurrect an evil demon whoís soul has been trapped inside a ghost ship.

NEW upcoming Wii U game Swipe Knight-story1.png

The other story which will be about 35% of the game, is found in the secret areas and will progress more every time you find a new secret area of the game. So the game has a big emphasis on exploration and secrets to say the least!
    As a gamer I have always been fascinated by games with interesting world themes, thatís why Mario Land 2 with all its unique worlds is one of my favorite Mario games.

NEW upcoming Wii U game Swipe Knight-1.png

So even though you will visit more common worlds like a desert, forest, hell and so on, will you also visit worlds with more unique themes like:
    Cyberpunk Zone
    Boardgame World
    30s Cartoon Alley
    Survival-horror Mansion
    Garden of Love
    To name a few.
    Most of the worldís shown here have been the more common ones, and if you want to see the more wacky ones then come back here on a regular basis because I am going to post some of them here in the coming updates.
    But itís not just the looks of the worlds that will make them different from one and other, each world will have its own unique set of enemies, puzzles, obstacles and gimmicks.

You probably wonder what crazy gameplay that will make use of both screens at once, right? Well the 2 screens will be used in many different ways, but without saying to much let me leave you with this:

You can control the hero with either swipes or the left analog stick, so it only takes ONE hand to control ONE character. The Wii U gamepad have TWO analog sticks and one touchscreen, and TWO screens. So there will be parts where you are controlling 2 characters separated from each other at the same time, one on each screen.

I donít want to give away any more of my 2 screen ideas, because I donít want to see them end up in someone elseís game before I released mine, but hopefully I got you excited by now.
    More info coming soon

Thank you for taking your time to look at my work.
    I will keep you all updated on the progress here in the thread, but you can also follow me on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/tommy.nordered.77 , just send a friend request if you like what you see here.
    Splash_King likes this.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMangl View Post
    One of the most outstanding mechanics is that you control the character by swiping the touchscreen.
    Swipe up to jump and swipe down to slide.
    Swipe in the direction the hero is walking to attack.
    Swipe in the opposite direction to turn around and walk in the other direction.
    Swipe down while jumping to do a down thrust.
    And more.
    Very few (3)DS games utilized this unique method of control and movement well, which is a cryin' shame since both handheld's non-software selling point was having a touchscreen... The only game which comes to mind that did, would be The World Ends With You.

If you can make your game control very well with touch-screen mechanics, I would imagine it to be a grand selling point.
    DirtyMangl likes this.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    Very few (3)DS games utilized this unique method of control and movement well, which is a cryin' shame since both handheld's non-software selling point was having a touchscreen... The only game which comes to mind that did, would be The World Ends With You.

If you can make your game control very well with touch-screen mechanics, I would imagine it to be a grand selling point.
    Thank you, and to be honest I think I nailed the control, it is so comfortable and allows for a different type of experience than any other game. I will post a trailer later this week focusing on the control

Member #
    Friends
    NEW upcoming Wii U game Swipe Knight-worms.png

Member #
    Friends
    NEW upcoming Wii U game Swipe Knight-horsemen.png

Member #
    Friends
    Trailer up tomorrow
    Last edited by DirtyMangl; 07-11-2014 at 12:11 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    As promised the trailer is now up in our Indiegogo campaign along with lots of images and all the info you need about the game
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/s...ii-u/x/6893582

NEW upcoming Wii U game Swipe Knight-swipeknightfacebook.png

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    Looks good so far. Very simple. I like it.
    DirtyMangl likes this.

3DS FC: 1461-6308-5932

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    UPDATE:

We have made some changes and decided to also release the game to iOS, Android, PC, Mac and Linux if we reach our first goal. This is not going to affect the Wii U version.

Member #
    Friends
    NEW upcoming Wii U game Swipe Knight-30scartoonalley.png
    Splash_King likes this.

Ads