LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Help with odd pink and green tint on Wii

Hi,
    I've had my Wii for several years, and used it without a problem. I have a Pioneer Elite TV, and use the component cable for connection. The Wii worked well. One day, the output from the Wii took on a definite pink and green tint, with the other colors washed out. This is true for all games and the main menu screen. It isn't the TV, because the color output from the TV is fine with either cable or PS3. I can't easily access the cables, because the TV is wall mounted. But those haven't been changed or moved. I've updated the software on the Wii with no change. Does anyone have any thoughts about how to get the real colors back? Or be able to tell me what is wrong?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by dneunabe View Post
    Hi,
    I've had my Wii for several years, and used it without a problem. I have a Pioneer Elite TV, and use the component cable for connection. The Wii worked well. One day, the output from the Wii took on a definite pink and green tint, with the other colors washed out. This is true for all games and the main menu screen. It isn't the TV, because the color output from the TV is fine with either cable or PS3. I can't easily access the cables, because the TV is wall mounted. But those haven't been changed or moved. I've updated the software on the Wii with no change. Does anyone have any thoughts about how to get the real colors back? Or be able to tell me what is wrong?
    sounds like really bad news to me...try calling nintendo.
    Wii Games: Mario Glaxay 1&2, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart wii, wii sports, wii play, Wii Party, Force Unleashed 1, Godzilla Unleashed, indiana jones:SoK Wii, Metriod:Trilogy, TMNT:Smash-Up, CoD:Reflex&black ops,NSMBwii, Link's zapper training,goldeneye,tomb raider anniversary,metroid otherM.

Ads