LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnaud. View Post
    The translation is ok, it is written and meant as a sensor bar....

Un capteur correspondant à la sensor bar de la Wii (c'est-à-dire le récepteur des signaux émanant de la Wiimote) est intégré dans la manette-tablette
    Which litterally means: A captor corresponding to the Wii's sensor bar ( The Wiimote's signals receptor) is integrated in the tablet controller

Thats the best translation i could provide.

Maybe the french miss translated it from Jap or Eng though...
    Either that or they just used the wrong terminology. Maybe they mean the receiver of the sensor bar's signal rather than the sensor bar itself (which is how current Wii remotes work).

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ff6rDOMA View Post
    I read somewhere that the controller doubles as a sensor bar because it will have Wii retrocompatibility... hmm just rumors...
    But the sensor bar is the thing that you set above or below your TV, it's not part of the Wii controller. I think they maybe just mean motion sensors and the translation from French got a bit skewed.

Quote Originally Posted by prinplup View Post
    Didn't sony reject microsofts plea for the blu ray? Why let Nintendo? Nintendo would be a huge threat to sony & microsoft if said rumor be true. Maybe it could be somewhat lucritive for the investors of blu ray technology, i dont know .
    Sony doesn't own blu-ray. They are one of many corporations who are part of the blu-ray consortium.
    I know sony doesn't own blu ray but they do have some sorta say so in the technology.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Didn't sony reject microsofts plea for the blu ray? Why let Nintendo? Nintendo would be a huge threat to sony & microsoft if said rumor be true. Maybe it could be somewhat lucritive for the investors of blu ray technology, i dont know .
    Sony doesn't own blu-ray. They are one of many corporations who are part of the blu-ray consortium.
    I know sony doesn't own blu ray but they do have some sorta say so in the technology.
    Correct. Sony is one of the founding members of the Blu-ray Disc Association - the group that developed the technology. But they don't have control over who can and can't use a blu-ray drive in their system. In fact, one of the main goals of the Associate is to promote the use of blu-ray drives as much as possible. The drive manufacturers license the technology from the Association and if Microsoft or Nintendo wanted to include a blu-ray drive, they would just simply buy from the manufacturer.

Where things got nasty was back when there was both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray competing with each other. Microsoft was backing HD-DVD and there will battles where the different technology backers tried to get the various movie studios on their side and it got ugly. But all of that is long settled and there's no reason Microsoft could not include blu-ray in their next console.
    Last edited by Skippy; 04-20-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    i heard that it will have xbox graphics

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    If Nintendo does add a BD-Drive, they're stupid and I'm going to avoid the system. The reason is simple, Secure Digital Cardtridges will be able to hold more in the future. Blu-Ray isn't needed, because people are too stupid to make SD card a media format. If we can make a 16GB micro SD that fits on the tip of your index finger, why can't we make a card big enough to add a picture of the media (a 3in.x3in. Media Card). We already use SD for DL Music, DL Movies/Shows/Videos, DL Games.

Member #
    Friends
    While I agree that some sort of SD-style memory card system would be cool, the fact of the matter is that it's really cheap to mass-produce blu-ray and DVD discs, especially compared to high capacity memory cards.

Member #
    Friends
    NINUSA Should call it "the SuperWii HD" or something more creative than Wii 2; which they will.

So will it be compatible to play 3X backwards (like some of the PS3's out there. PSX, PS2, & PS3); GC, Wii and SWiiHD (?) games?

Will the Virtual Console have more titles? That I want at least?

I think the new controller should be modeled after the bottom half of the DSi XL; except with a speaker. The funtions: it obviously would control your system on/off, the menu, and it's games; it's wireless with a system built in charging station, it has classic controller functions as well as motion controls, it will have Bluetooth to connect a wireless nunchuck or stationary joystick (meaning one that sticks to your table)/ other accessories, and like those Sega Dreamcast Visual Memory units have mini games. *They wouldn't do full length games because then that would take away from their portable sales.*

If GTA V is a launch title they should create a GTA Limited edition Wii; sort of like what they did to the Gamecube with the return of Metal Gear to Nintendo.
    http://www.gameforfun.com/en/product...tal+Gear+Solid

I have high expectations and hopes for the sequel to the Wii. Bring it on Nintendo!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    @Skippy,

I'm not disagreeing with you, but 16GBs and above would be expensive. But my idea is to start cheap, I paid $21.89 for an 8GB which point being, DVD Compacity. XBOX 360 uses DVD, we should start there, however, a newer cardtridge system would be able to update from 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 258GB, and 512GBs in compacity. (Although not needed, 128GB-512GB, its there just in case).

Member #
    Friends
    1512-1772-5792-0000
    The Wiivolution!
    Dunno, I was brainstorming, and I came up with that name. It'd be funny if Nintendo actually used it...
    ===============

Oh god I came back after a couple years for kicks and I have no idea what's going on now.

wut do halp plz

Ads