+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The Scrubbiest of Kings Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    OH! Well, thanks for that Skippy. Just the other day, I was speaking of how behind the times I am... I was thoroughly right. That's pretty damn cool, actually.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Hardcore Gamer of The Day elementkg's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3099-9602-0458-5823
    why so surprise that they wont have dvd and blu-ray playback capabilities ithink that's why the consoles added in netflix for that reason? plus who buys dvd anymore anyways dvds are more of a let down like music cds and/or softwares since we will always find a way to download free software music and movie and lately games why would we need discs anyways i feel like they should have the store full of movies games and music in the nintendo store and just have all those things downloaded to the console's harddrive i mean it seems logical that they just do that instead like the pspgo

.....just saying

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by elementkg View Post
    plus who buys dvd anymore anyways dvds are more of a let down like music cds and/or softwares since we will always find a way to download free software music and movie and lately games why would we need discs anyways i feel like they should have the store full of movies games and music in the nintendo store and just have all those things downloaded to the console's harddrive i mean it seems logical that they just do that instead like the pspgo

.....just saying
    First of all, better grammar, if ya don't mind. Hard to make a legitimate response when there isn't a single period in a paragraph, lol. Regardless, ways of the Grammar Nazi aside...

Not everyone is going to ILLEGALLY pirate every song, movie, and game they crave, you know. =/ Some people actually care about their favorite company, producer, or whatever to succeed, and spend money on physical objects of value. If everyone stole whatever they pleased via the internet, we'd have no merchandise. Companies wouldn't sell anything since people were just pirating their wares, and they'd go out of business.

And then the entire world's economy would crash and blahblahblahblah... ... ...

That, and if one company sold everything, it'd be a Fascist monopoly to beat them all. They could control prices as they please, squander how well their products' quality is to further increase profits, and eventually Iwata would become a Hitler that would rule the entire planet via immense funds.

Or something of the sort... Y'know.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    tell me why im not so suprised about this.

Member #
    Friends
    Well it's understandable....I mean DVD players are pretty much a must in any home theater/entertainment system

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    there probably gonna do netflix..........again!............

Member #
    Friends
    8702-4199-3324-5285
    Think about it this way(I'm on the posters side), What if you already have a wiiu. Was stripped of your PS2, 3, or laptop or any $20 dvd player. Or what if this is all you got as a Christmas present because any of the others were or could have been another option. You have your favorite DVD and you can't watch it. Homebrew is an option but a risk and what if they can't do it.

Besides, the wii with its "channels"(emphasis on tha CH) seems as if it would be a good idea to have a "DVD Channel".

It could be at least used as a last resort.
    And stop being know it alls.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by handy333 View Post
    Think about it this way(I'm on the posters side), What if you already have a wiiu. Was stripped of your PS2, 3, or laptop or any $20 dvd player. Or what if this is all you got as a Christmas present because any of the others were or could have been another option. You have your favorite DVD and you can't watch it.
    Then that means you're poor like me and assed out.

Homebrew is an option but a risk and what if they can't do it.
    Homebrew is incredibly safe, and you need very little expense wise to install it. There is a catch, of course; voiding your warranty and being unable to update the Wii. The catch often does outweigh what homebrew gives ya, though. In this case, I'd certainly rather invest in a DVD player than buying a new Wii if it's somehow factory-faulty or you physically break it, lol.

I'm not saying I don't want the Wii to have a DVD player, it'd be nice if it did. It'd be convenient, sure. But for people who aren't DVD junkies or, as everyone who should be buying a Wii in the first place should have the money to also purchase a DVD player, it's inconsequential. That is to say, almost everyone buying a Wii should have no use for a built in DVD player.

Nintendo would jack up the price a bit if they put in a DVD/Blu-ray/whatever player anyways.

And stop being know it alls.
    Who's being a know-it-all? _

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8702-4199-3324-5285
    You took that fair. I like you. Good side. You should see my wii, its limping with homebrew.

I didn't mean risky as in "Hack your wii, it may cost you a brick as in the block."

I mean it in general as in, "We enabled homebrew for the xbox360, but it requires some soldering knowlege..." and "We enabled homebrew for the PS3, but requires some possible jail time." and lets all not for forget "We enabled homebrew for the WIIU, but there's a chance that Nintendo will be like 'F**************************** IT!!! WE TRIED EVERYTHING! ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH REZNOV!!!' and turn Sega Style while Sony and Microsoft stand against new compatition.....APPLE'S NEW $999.999 DOLLAR GAMING CONSOLE WHICH WILL REVIVE YOUR DEAD SIBLINGS!"

Well...maybe the first example...

For the Poor thing, I'm am poor.....................but thats not the point. We were hopefully focusing on the homebrew part, right?
    Last edited by handy333; 08-19-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    5839-7740-6663-0323
    Am i the only one in this thread that uses blue ray on the ps3 than using dvds on the dvd player?

htt
    Spoiler Alert!

Ads