LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Wii U graphics 'less powerful than PS3, Xbox 360' - developers

  1. #21
    Poink WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    65950
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mira
    Posts
    6,313
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Millions of people will NOT buy the WiiU based on sole horsepower alone. That is beyond ridiculous.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572


    Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

  2. #22
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    16,259
    Friends
    123
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I'll be honest Zapasant, I'm not entirely sure what you're gettin' at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    The graphics are still good, I could care less if Sony/Microsoft have better looking games.


    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    True, but today's gamers cannot comprehend that. So unless Ninty keeps the casual crowd, they will have trouble.
    Trouble? Hardly. Ninty's fanbase is varied to say the least, but one trait most of them share is not being graphic whores. They won't be extending their list of buyers by not knocking up the graphical capabilities of the WiiU quite a few notches, but the day Nintendo has trouble selling their consoles is the day mankind discovers how to bend reality to their will.

    Quote Originally Posted by zapasant View Post
    If this does end up being true, Nintendo are in for a rude awakening; a gimmick can only sell for so long (ask the wiimote).
    I didn't realize the Wii sold poorly over the span of six thriving years.

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  3. #23
    Where the sidewalk ends. Missingno.'s Avatar
    Member #
    87830
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    144
    Friends
    6
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1111-2222-3333-4444
    Quote Originally Posted by zapasant View Post
    Yes, Pokemon is Nintendo's behemoth on the handhelds, It will deffinetly move units. But that brings me to the point that the system would not be selling because of it's gimmick (unless you can convince me that you are exclusively buying it because it will be in 3d and not because it's just simply an awesome series), it will be selling because it's one of their flagship titles.
    You're right, I won't try to convince you of that. That is the sole reason that I will be buying the 3DS. I'm not really the biggest fan of the whole 3D craze that for some reason is going on now (even though 3D film has been around since the 1950s), and quite frankly why everyone else is kind of baffles me. Nevertheless, the fact that it is impressive to a large number of people is not something to be ignored.

    We can't possibly expect that the MILLIONS of DS owners who exclusively play things like brain age, professor layton, sodoku, cooking mama and those other types of games will shift to a new handheld because it's 3D, no way, they are looking for a quick fix in entertainment (which the ds used to provide exclusively), but that is now being provided by smartphones, tablets, facebook, etc.
    I think you have a point here. I agree with you on this, though I was never arguing for the 3DS in the first place. I think a home console is a different beast than a handheld, and should be treated as such.

    I really feel that this will be the same situation that the WiiU will face if they put out an extremely weak console that developers will not be willing to develop for. This is why I believe that this article is fake because we wouldn't have companies jumping on board to develop core titles. I don't think nintendo is dumb, I think they realize that they do not own the casual market anymore, the smartphones, tablets and facebook does; I expect the graphical power of the wiiU to exceed all current generation consoles, it's the best way to prosper.
    I agree with you on your first point, but I just still can see Nintendo going after the causal gaming market (and it working) because phones, tablets and Facebook cannot replace everything that a home console has to offer, and middle class families generally have the expendable income to justify buying them.

    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Trouble? Hardly. Ninty's fanbase is varied to say the least, but one trait most of them share is not being graphic whores. They won't be extending their list of buyers by not knocking up the graphical capabilities of the WiiU quite a few notches, but the day Nintendo has trouble selling their consoles is the day mankind discovers how to bend reality to their will.
    I would agree with this if they hadn't seen a bit of trouble in the sixth gen with Gamecube. A lot of people thought that would be the death of Nintendo if I recall correctly.
    Shuckpluff Shuckpluff Shuckpluff Shuckpluff Shuckpluff



  4. #24
    Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    32112
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,842
    Friends
    5
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    I'll be honest Zapasant, I'm not entirely sure what you're gettin' at..
    That's ok, Missingno does, and we seem to be having a very healthy debate, so it must be making at least some sense

    I didn't realize the Wii sold poorly over the span of six thriving years.
    Nintendo was pretty much printing money with the Wii for the first four and a half years; after that, the sales simply plummeted. Sure, it broke records and made nitendo an seemingly infinite amount of cash, but that is all completely overshadowed by an abysmal year and a half. Unfortunately, wall street could give a rat's ass about how it did in the past; if it isn't producing now, it's not viable for the company. Ofcourse, no one expected it to sell like hot cakes throughout it's entire lifespan, but a drop that massive signifies that the audience just was no longer attracted by the gimmick put forth by the system.

    Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. View Post

    I agree with you on your first point, but I just still can see Nintendo going after the causal gaming market (and it working) because phones, tablets and Facebook cannot replace everything that a home console has to offer, and middle class families generally have the expendable income to justify buying them.
    I can agree with many of the points you bring, this one as well, but only to a very specific degree. While these other forms of casual gaming (smartphones, tablets, facebook) do not provide all of the things the WiiU will, the other home consoles will; that is why if the graphical power remains 6-7 years outdated, the WiiU will have a very hard time on the market and it's only selling point will be the tablet controller; frankly, that is not a very appealing selling point either because the tablet controller will likely be very expensive thus making multilayer gaming quite a venture into our wallets. The "ps4" and "xbox 720" will have the graphical horse power and their own bells and whistles (the move....LOL and kinect). I really do hope the WiiU isn't just a slightly beefy nintendo wii, because when it gets measured up to the other consoles, it will look like a joke.

    So when it comes to the casual market, they will be fighting ps4, the 720, smarthones, tablets and facebook. These are quite overwhelming odds, which is why I believe if nintendo sticks to a casual exclusive mindset, it will fail; however, it's quite evident that they see this, which is why they have reached out to the main developers and are bringing core games to the system.

    PSN ID: zapasant93



  5. #25
    Poink WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    65950
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mira
    Posts
    6,313
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Those are merely conjectures. We do not know for certain why some of these things succeed or fail. I can claim the opposite predictions without needing to back it up.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572


    Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

  6. #26
    Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    32112
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,842
    Friends
    5
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Those are merely conjectures. We do not know for certain why some of these things succeed or fail. I can claim the opposite predictions without needing to back it up.
    No one here believes they can predict the future. We are simply putting forth opinions and predictions backed up by evidence. No one here is right, we just like to believe that we are.

    PSN ID: zapasant93



  7. #27
    Poink WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    65950
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mira
    Posts
    6,313
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    However, you claimed that the Wii was successful and a failure due to gimmicks. I shall claim that it was casual appeal that caused it's success. I will back it up by saying that once most of the casual market got ahold of a Wii, sales will logical plummet due to lack of interest from the remainder consumers.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572


    Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

  8. #28
    Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    32112
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,842
    Friends
    5
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    However, you claimed that the Wii was successful and a failure due to gimmicks. I shall claim that it was casual appeal that caused it's success. I will back it up by saying that once most of the casual market got ahold of a Wii, sales will logical plummet due to lack of interest from the remainder consumers.
    Sorry, I really do not see how your statement is any different than the ones I have been making.

    I never said the wii failed due to motion gaming, In fact, I never even called the wii a failure. It's gimmick was what made it a success, yes, no one is arguing with you there. I said the gimmick lost it's interest with the masses after a few years of it being in the market. It was likely caused by numerous reason; the increased number of smartphones and tablets, and the introduction of the move and kinnect, and the already massive install base of the wii. Also, your point of the logical decrease in sales is also valid (A point I also made btw), but the drop in sales was SO astronomical that it could not simply be caused by a large install base, it also had to be caused by the increase in competition and the loss of interest for the wiimote.

    So again, how are your points and opinion different than mine?

    PSN ID: zapasant93



  9. #29
    Poink WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    65950
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mira
    Posts
    6,313
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by zapasant View Post
    So again, how are your points and opinion different than mine?
    While the casual audience and gimmicks are related, they are not the same.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572


    Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

  10. #30
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    19,068
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    People said the Wii was going to be a flop...........

    Just tossing that out there like a used kipper


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. most powerful fs
    By alexbel in forum Smash Brothers
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 09:25 PM
  2. Too powerful!
    By Star Striker in forum Mario Strikers Charged
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 11:52 AM
  3. Most Powerful Console??????/
    By duberryboy1 in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 08:08 PM
  4. QUE: Wii Graphics vs XBOX (org)
    By The_One in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 08:34 AM
  5. How powerful will the Wii be?
    By Squall7 in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 02:35 PM

Search tags for this page

nintendo wii u stronger graphics
,
nintendo wii u stronger then xbox 360
,
ssid
,
which last gen console was the most powerful
,
wii graphic troll
,
wii u graphics 'less powerful than ps3
,
wii u graphics are outdated
,

wii u graphics vs ps3

,
wii u is less powerful than ps3 and xbox 360
,
wii u vs xbox 360
,
wiii u graphic are stronger
,
will wii u fall behind?
Click on a term to search for related topics.