LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0099-0200-0500-1000
    I already stated what that reason is, and I never said Family game nights don't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    A youngin' and a vegan? ... Who's American?! I don't even.

2. Ads

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by PlazmaLink View Post
    Wii U is in the same group as Xbox 360 and PS3, which are arguably much better consoles.
    lolno

Quote Originally Posted by PlazmaLink View Post
    Current game library won't hinder that watsoever.
    very much lolno

3DS sales were very poorly at launch 'cause the library was bad. The PS3 suffered for the same reason, and is one'a the reasons Wii U ain't sellin' too hot yet. Available games is the only reason to ever buy a console, people don't get a Wii for Netflix on the big screen or an ExBawks for Kinect (unless they're stupid). Most people won't buy a console 'til they have some hype for specific titles on their way/ones just released.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    3DS sales were very poorly at launch 'cause the library was bad. The PS3 suffered for the same reason, and is one'a the reasons Wii U ain't sellin' too hot yet. Available games is the only reason to ever buy a console, people don't get a Wii for Netflix on the big screen or an ExBawks for Kinect (unless they're stupid). Most people won't buy a console 'til they have some hype for specific titles on their way/ones just released.
    Reason why I'm not getting a Wii U until or after SSB4 releases.

No longer brawling online. No longer accepting any Friend Adds.

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0505-6993-9515-7982
    lolno
    Really? Are you seriously going to say with a straight face that the Wii U is above the 360 or PS3? Even when it has worse hardware, a tiny library of games and the third party support is dead? I think you're fooling yourself here, mate.

Considering that the xbone and PS4 are coming out this holiday, It's safe to say they'll be eating into any potential Wii U sales. Why buy a Wii U at 299$, when you can spend 50$ more and get a PS4? And think of it like this, Little Timmy or johnny aren't going to begging mom and dad to buy them the newest mario game and system. They'll want the newest COD, like all kids now...as sad as it is.

In my personal opinion, The Wii U was rushed out so Nintendo could get a year start on the the other company's (Sony and Microsoft). They had very few games ready, and titles that were in the 'launch window' kept slipping back further and further into the year. This combined with poor marketing, a confusing name ("What's a Wii U? a new controller for the Wii?") and dying third party support wasted that year head start and now Nintendo has to go to head with the Sony and Microsoft this holiday. All in all, it doesn't look good.
    Last edited by Minto; 08-04-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    Steam ID: Mintoisking
    Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
    PSN ID: Mintoisgod

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I certainly can't disagree they likely aimed for a (too) early release strategy, as well as the palpably poor marketing mistake they also made with the 3DS. But I will wholeheartedly argue against the other stuff ya said.

Quote Originally Posted by Minto View Post
    Really? Are you seriously going to say with a straight face that the Wii U is above the 360 or PS3?
    'Course. The PS3's library was even more bare than the Wii U's at launch. Doubtful the 360 was much better. And as well all know, games make the system. When the storm of 1st party titles come, the U will of bested Microsod's and Sony's previous consoles with ease. Even with plenty'a years of lifespan left; assuming the 3rd parties stop pullin' terrible moves like EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Minto View Post
    They'll want the newest COD, like all kids now...as sad as it is.
    Nintendo still has a dominant market amongst youngin's, they just ain't the in-thing anymore. Y'know, what with gaming goin' mainstream over the past two decades or so. Furthermore, don't forget that Nintendo is the famed first or second console in a pair. There're far more WiiS3 'n Wii60 owners than there are dumbs who went the PS360 route. I believe that's how it'l play out yet again once the PS4 'n Nextbox get onto the market. 'Specially since Microsod so horribly ****ed themselves with the idiocy they tried with the One.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads