Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164

Asda stopping selling WiiUs*

*In store

First they start selling them cheaper (150 was tempting if it had games I want), now the stores stop selling them

UK retail behemoth Asda has removed Wii U games and consoles from its supermarket shelves.

The chain will continue to sell Wii U products online via its Asda Direct website, it told Eurogamer, but no longer through its stores.
    "Asda continues to offer customers a selection of Wii U games and accessories through Asda Direct, but these ranges are currently not on offer in Asda shops," a spokesperson said.
    Asda has yet to explain the reasoning for its decision, but its likely due to the ongoing sales struggle faced by the console in the UK - and worldwide.
    The supermarket was previously home to a killer 199 price-tag for the Wii U Premium bundle, and is still offering the Wii U Basic for 149 online. Was this just to clear stock, ahead of the system's removal from stores?
    The move ironically comes just as Nintendo finally starts releasing software for Wii U again. The brilliant Pikmin 3 launched in the UK last week alongside New Super Mario Bros. expandalone New Super Luigi U. The Wonderful 101 and Ubisoft-developed Rayman Legends both arrive in August, meanwhile.
    We've asked Asda for further information on the change, and whether the decision is a permanent one.

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    everyone knows wiiU is going to outsell all consoles (except the 3ds) this holiday.

you should have got that deal while you had the chance...

good luck getting one with a good a deal as that.
    Wii Games: Mario Glaxay 1&2, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart wii, wii sports, wii play, Wii Party, Force Unleashed 1, Godzilla Unleashed, indiana jones:SoK Wii, Metriod:Trilogy, TMNT:Smash-Up, CoD:Reflex&black ops,NSMBwii, Link's zapper training,goldeneye,tomb raider anniversary,metroid otherM.

Member #
    Friends
    0099-0200-0500-1000
    Quote Originally Posted by FloYdian View Post
    everyone knows wiiU is going to outsell all consoles (except the 3ds) this holiday.
    lolno
    Smash bros 4 won't make the WiiU
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    A youngin' and a vegan? ... Who's American?! I don't even.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by PlazmaLink View Post
    lolno
    Smash bros 4 won't make the WiiU
    yup ps4 costs 500$ if you want to play online and get 1 game...speaking of games, ps4 has none to make anyone want it. just killzone and knack

xbox one has a horrible reputation right now and it will take them a while to prove themselves...plus the console will be 600$ with online and a 1 game...

wiiU has many games at reduced prices since it been out a year and will get some great deals on the console itself this holiday. it will be much cheaper than the other so called "next gen" (still weaker than a PC you can buy today) consoles. and it will have games for everyone by Dec with wiiFitU.

WiiU is the better buy.
    Last edited by FloYdian; 08-02-2013 at 09:20 PM.
    Wii Games: Mario Glaxay 1&2, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart wii, wii sports, wii play, Wii Party, Force Unleashed 1, Godzilla Unleashed, indiana jones:SoK Wii, Metriod:Trilogy, TMNT:Smash-Up, CoD:Reflex&black ops,NSMBwii, Link's zapper training,goldeneye,tomb raider anniversary,metroid otherM.

Member #
    Friends
    0099-0200-0500-1000
    You're comparing apples to oranges here, Wii U is in the same group as Xbox 360 and PS3, which are arguably much better consoles. Xbox one and PS4 are the true next gen consoles.

Member #
    Friends
    You're comparing apples to oranges here, Wii U is in the same group as Xbox 360 and PS3, which are arguably much better consoles. Xbox one and PS4 are the true next gen consoles.
    lol yea right...

the ps4 cant even run games at 60 frames per second....the xbox one can do it but has to make compromises on the graphics. you can build a pc today for the same cost as a Ps4 today and be much more "next gen".

i'm sorry but there is nothing "next gen" about the graphics on ps4 or xbox one.

Member #
    Friends
    0099-0200-0500-1000
    Well for one, the consoles aren't even out yet and two, the same can be said for the Wii U.

Member #
    Friends
    Well for one, the consoles aren't even out yet and two, the same can be said for the Wii U.
    exactly. graphics wont decide the winner.

games and new experiences will.

wiiU has the gamepad and soon wiifit to fill the active gamer needs and some great party games like "wiiU party" to get the family together.

plus core experiences with games like zelda winwaker and donkey kong country tropical freeze.

Member #
    Friends
    0099-0200-0500-1000
    People will buy the PS4 and Xbox One for only the fact it's new. Current game library won't hinder that watsoever. This may just be me, but very seldom does my family get together to play a videogame. I see it as an "Ooh i'll buy this to get my family together!" that ends up just being you playing alone kind of thing.

Member #
    Friends
    People will buy the PS4 and Xbox One for only the fact it's new. Current game library won't hinder that watsoever. This may just be me, but very seldom does my family get together to play a videogame. I see it as an "Ooh i'll buy this to get my family together!" that ends up just being you playing alone kind of thing.
    yes ps4 and xbox one will sell very well over the holidays... but what happens after christmas? what is there to make people keep going out and buy them?
    thats the problem wiiU has. its the problem the psvita has. and it will be a problem for ps4/xboxone as well.

about family games... just becuase you dont have a family game night or video games when entertaining friends. doesn't mean nobody does. party and dance games sell well for a reason.

Ads