LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Red face need help, before buying a wii U

Hi guys. I have never considered buying a wii U but my wii being old and all changed that. I have a few questions that i would greatly appreciate if answered. These are:

1) can any version of the wii U be softmodded?
    2) can i play gamecube games on the wii U?
    3) is the gigantic wii controller thingy with the screen chargable or does it run on batterys just as the wii remotes do?
    4) would i be able to make backups of my wii U games and play them on my wii U just as i played wii backups on my wii?
    5)if u had some experience buy wii oneline, could u introduce the website to me?

Thanks everyone. I'm looking for answers to these questions before actually buying the wii U. One of my sole purposes is to be able to softmod and play homebrew and all that and make backups of my games. I would appreciate the help! If you think there is any other info i need to know about the wii U please, let me know!
    Last edited by Splash_King; 08-11-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    hey guys , im here

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    1. I believe so.
    2. Don't think so.
    3. The GamePad? I think it runs on batteries too. But you can probably just buy a charger, I've seen some around.
    4. Don't know.
    5. No experience buying things online.

Sorry for not being able to answer all of your questions completely, but I tried.
    I don't have a Wii U myself (anymore) so I don't really know much about it. Not so sure.

No longer brawling online. No longer accepting any Friend Adds.

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragonight View Post
    1. I believe so.
    2. Don't think so.
    3. The GamePad? I think it runs on batteries too. But you can probably just buy a charger, I've seen some around.
    4. Don't know.
    5. No experience buying things online.

Sorry for not being able to answer all of your questions completely, but I tried.
    I don't have a Wii U myself (anymore) so I don't really know much about it. Not so sure.
    hey, it doesn't matter, thank u all the same
    hey guys , im here

The Scrubbiest of Kings Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    1. We can't talk 'bout hax and such things here, so keep a lid on such topics plz.

2. No.

3. It has an internal battery and, as such, recharges via an outlet. The charger that comes with it has a relatively long cord, so if there's an outlet near where you're sittin' you'll easily be able to charge the Gamepad and play at the same time.

4. See answer for 1. But I will give you another answer as well: no. Absolutely not. The Wii was hacked within... uh, perhaps a month or two of bein' released. The Wii U still hasn't been cracked yet, in any way, shape or form. Nintendo has cracked down on pirating by really upping their system's integrity and security. In fact, the 3DS has been just as resilient. Don't expect t' be playin' free games for another few years... if ever. Ninty's newest consoles are not hacker friendly.

5. Bought mine in-store, so nope. Sorry.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    1. We can't talk 'bout hax and such things here, so keep a lid on such topics plz.

2. No.

3. It has an internal battery and, as such, recharges via an outlet. The charger that comes with it has a relatively long cord, so if there's an outlet near where you're sittin' you'll easily be able to charge the Gamepad and play at the same time.

4. See answer for 1. But I will give you another answer as well: no. Absolutely not. The Wii was hacked within... uh, perhaps a month or two of bein' released. The Wii U still hasn't been cracked yet, in any way, shape or form. Nintendo has cracked down on pirating by really upping their system's integrity and security. In fact, the 3DS has been just as resilient. Don't expect t' be playin' free games for another few years... if ever. Ninty's newest consoles are not hacker friendly.

5. Bought mine in-store, so nope. Sorry.
    thank u so much
    hey guys , im here

Ads