Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 360 VS Wii

CTM
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i don't disagree with the original poster, but that is very simplistic.

i'm a casual console gamer who hadn't owned a console since the SNES. i have been a moderate Pc Gamer for years now. the Wii managed to get me fanboyishly excited about getting a new console. the only problem is that i didn't end up getting a wii.

The Xbox 360 has been everything i had hoped for.

Member #
    Friends
    My wife bought me Zelda for the Wii and a $250 gift card to purchase the console. Problem is I was looking at the game list for the Wii, and so far nothing has me too excited. Sure Zelda is going to be solid, it's an awesome franchise, but I played Gears of War at my friends house this weekend, and all I can say is "Chainsaw Bayonet!"

Seems Nintendo is making the same mistakes it made with the Gamecube; limited online play, poor third party support, relying too heavily on nostalgia and kids games.

Granted I have yet to play a Wii, and I'm pretty sure it'll be a blast, but it was the same with the Gamecube. Cheaper than everyone else, graphics not bad, but not amazing, fun games that get people together laughing. Then after a year, third party games seemed to lack features of the other two consoles, and third party games not being released on the Cube. Kids games flood the market, and you wait a year to get a game like Resident Evil 4.

I was excited about the Wii, but after seeing reviews for games released so far, I don't think I'll be purchasing it. Looks like it's already started, only a few of the games have online multiplayer, some are missing content that the other consoles have, and the next big thing is Brawl Brothers.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bank_Robber
    My wife bought me Zelda for the Wii and a $250 gift card to purchase the console. Problem is I was looking at the game list for the Wii, and so far nothing has me too excited. Sure Zelda is going to be solid, it's an awesome franchise, but I played Gears of War at my friends house this weekend, and all I can say is "Chainsaw Bayonet!"

Seems Nintendo is making the same mistakes it made with the Gamecube; limited online play, poor third party support, relying too heavily on nostalgia and kids games.

Granted I have yet to play a Wii, and I'm pretty sure it'll be a blast, but it was the same with the Gamecube. Cheaper than everyone else, graphics not bad, but not amazing, fun games that get people together laughing. Then after a year, third party games seemed to lack features of the other two consoles, and third party games not being released on the Cube. Kids games flood the market, and you wait a year to get a game like Resident Evil 4.

I was excited about the Wii, but after seeing reviews for games released so far, I don't think I'll be purchasing it. Looks like it's already started, only a few of the games have online multiplayer, some are missing content that the other consoles have, and the next big thing is Brawl Brothers.
    You could exchange Wii Zelda for the GameCube version. Aiming with arrows and hookshots might not be as fun or accurate as the Wii version, but it is a great game with a classic, time-tested control scheme. You don't wanna miss out on the experience.

Member #
    Friends
    Probably will, I really enjoyed Wind Waker. When I heard of Twilight Princess I got excited, and was disappointed it got pushed back to be line with the launch.
    Last edited by Bank_Robber; 12-28-2006 at 12:56 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    I'd have to call this battle off. The wii and the 360 should live in harmony and make little ownage babies!

Speaking of chainsaw bayonet, I tried GoW at a friend's (the reason I'm now going to go pick up the 360 tomorrow) and, upon learning that he sucked ass, proceeded to beat him the entire day with just the chainsaw. It was pretty damn funny.

Honestly, I don't care at all for Sony's attitude, marketing, or console, but I can't say much bad about nintendo or microsoft.

blargh. i'm on an ADD spree today.
    Days spent actively researching/looking for ways to get a wii: 4

Chances spoiled by bad luck/bad timing on my part or my parents to get one: 7

Member #
    Friends
    8112-1897-2331-9869
    I've got both the 360 and the Wii. Game for game the Wii games offer more than the 360 games from a gameplay standpoint. Gears of War is phenomenal though...and visually, it hurts me to say it, but the Wii feels a little like an Atari 2600 compared to the 360 so far. I love NFS Carbon for Wii, but compared to NFS Most Wanted for 360, it's light years behind. NFS-MW and Gears of War are two phenomenal looking and Playing Games (though I prefer the motion driving of the Wii on Carbon to the gamepad driving on Most Wanted on 360)...both almost photorealistic games. They haven't scratched the surface of what the Wii can do with GFX yet, but it will get much better. There's nothing out now that wouldn't run fine on the Cube. Twighlight is the best looking Wii game out so far and it's identical to the cube version.
    Last edited by ScuzzBuster; 12-28-2006 at 10:35 PM.

ScuzzBuster
    Old Skool Gaming

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ScuzzBuster
    I've got both the 360 and the Wii. Game for game the Wii games offer more than the 360 games from a gameplay standpoint. Gears of War is phenomenal though...and visually, it hurts me to say it, but the Wii feels a little like an Atari 2600 compared to the 360 so far. I love NFS Carbon for Wii, but compared to NFS Most Wanted for 360, it's light years behind. NFS-MW and Gears of War are two phenomenal looking and Playing Games (though I prefer the motion driving of the Wii on Carbon to the gamepad driving on Most Wanted on 360)...both almost photorealistic games. They haven't scratched the surface of what the Wii can do with GFX yet, but it will get much better. There's nothing out now that wouldn't run fine on the Cube. Twighlight is the best looking Wii game out so far and it's identical to the cube version.
    i wouldnt say that they offer more gameplay wise just yet, because A: some people like traditional better and B: so far the games on wii are either shitty tacked on controls or mini games

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ads