LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I do hope MS dont do motion sensitivity! it will ruin the console. they dont need it, the console is near to perfect.
    360PS3 FTW!!

Member #
    Friends

Don't be a dope

Guy, first off, you need to get off the 'WII is the only good console' crap. They all have their good points. I would LOVE to see the Xbox 360 get a motion sensor controller - and it's bound to happen. The WII remote is too much of a hit for them NOT to copy it it.

It's not a bad thing. Competition is what builds better games and better consoles. Keeps all sides on their toes.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKerek
    Guy, first off, you need to get off the 'WII is the only good console' crap. They all have their good points. I would LOVE to see the Xbox 360 get a motion sensor controller - and it's bound to happen. The WII remote is too much of a hit for them NOT to copy it it.

It's not a bad thing. Competition is what builds better games and better consoles. Keeps all sides on their toes.
    I see microsoft having motion sensing for the next console, but not for the 360.

Would take like 1-2 years for the developement of the controls and then for games that can use it to be developed

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    I see microsoft having motion sensing for the next console, but not for the 360.

Would take like 1-2 years for the developement of the controls and then for games that can use it to be developed
    It took hackers 1 month to get a Windows or Mac OS X to recognize the Wii Remote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7Jvp8Z81I

What makes you think it will take Micro$oft 1~2 years to develop it? It can easily be done as an add-on hardware. All you need is a sonsor bar which is basically just a few IR light bulbs. If there were no Nintendo patents to worry about, you would see a motion sensing controller for 360 within a few months.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by ddslee
    It took hackers 1 month to get a Windows or Mac OS X to recognize the Wii Remote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7Jvp8Z81I

What makes you think it will take Micro$oft 1~2 years to develop it? It can easily be done as an add-on hardware. All you need is a sonsor bar which is basically just a few IR light bulbs. If there were no Nintendo patents to worry about, you would see a motion sensing controller for 360 within a few months.
    ...What does making a wiimote work on a computer via bluetooth adapter have to do with anything....
    Windows has to plan develope and manufacture a new remote, and then they need games to be made that uses it. Do you not know how long it takes to make a video game?

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    ...What does making a wiimote work on a computer via bluetooth adapter have to do with anything....
    Windows has to plan develope and manufacture a new remote, and then they need games to be made that uses it. Do you not know how long it takes to make a video game?
    Woah, who said they were making a new remote-style controller? I'm pretty sure Microsoft is talking about making a motion-sensetive controller that looks just like the current Xbox 360 controller except it will sense when you tilt it and stuff, like the PS3 controller. Microsoft could easily do this because they came up with that SideWinder controller I talked about a few posts up. They'd just map the controller so that tilt left = move analogue stick left, tilt right = move analogue stick right, etc.

And they wouldn't need a sensor bar because it wouldn't be interacting with the screen. When you play Excite Truck on Wii, you don't even need the sensor bar plugged in because it's just using the tilt function.

It's totally possible for Microsoft to do it and I really hope they do as long as I have the choice to switch the motion-sensing off like you can with the PS3 and just use the left analogue stick.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    Woah, who said they were making a new remote-style controller? I'm pretty sure Microsoft is talking about making a motion-sensetive controller that looks just like the current Xbox 360 controller except it will sense when you tilt it and stuff, like the PS3 controller. Microsoft could easily do this because they came up with that SideWinder controller I talked about a few posts up. They'd just map the controller so that tilt left = move analogue stick left, tilt right = move analogue stick right, etc.

And they wouldn't need a sensor bar because it wouldn't be interacting with the screen. When you play Excite Truck on Wii, you don't even need the sensor bar plugged in because it's just using the tilt function.

It's totally possible for Microsoft to do it and I really hope they do as long as I have the choice to switch the motion-sensing off like you can with the PS3 and just use the left analogue stick.

...I never said they were making a remote style controller....so I really have no idea why you quoted me.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

my girlfriend got me wii! jaeguyoon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    If xbox 360 gets a motion sensing controller, it's a good thing.
    Why the **** would you guys care? It already means that Nintendo has set a new standard in gaming now and everyone is just following it.
    Stop acting like Wii is purely made from originality, I'm sure they've copied some ideas from some other places. It's all part of the process.

The fact that you guys are saying "WOAAHH THEY ARE COPYING US" and shit shows hwo much of imature kids you are. You guys should be proud everyone is trying to be like Nintendo.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    ...I never said they were making a remote style controller....so I really have no idea why you quoted me.
    Um...yes you did. I bolded and underlined it for you below:
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    4759-2872-3135-2409
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    Um...yes you did. I bolded and underlined it for you below:
    no,he was stating what they would have to do to get motion sensing with the 360.
    360 is awsome,but the Wii is just so cuddly!

Ads