LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Xbox 360 in SD (what was i thinking?)

I couldn't get a Wii and was impatient for a console and the 360 pro was on sale for $399 so I picked it up. So far I've only played Ghost Recon which came with it, but on my 34" SD TV I can't read the text too well. It's got s-video but would it even be worth shelling more money for this thing when I'm behind on technology? I can't afford a new set. What to do...

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    6188-0435-3585-1038
    Prolly bare with it until you can get a HDTV, or get a VGA cable and connect it to a computer monitor.
    --Xbox 360
    --Wii
    --PS3
    --Game Whore

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    Ghost Recon and Dead Rising are the only games i can think of that have that problem. the rest of the games ive played on it have easy to read text on an SDTV

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    Ghost Recon and Dead Rising are the only games i can think of that have that problem. the rest of the games ive played on it have easy to read text on an SDTV
    That's good, I'm getting GR in a couple of days, and i don't have much of a problem playing Dead Rising.. Is the text relatively the same size on both games?

Member #
    Friends
    i cant stand playing dead rising, i got it for xmas, good thing it was used so my mom can return it within 30 days, i barely even try to read the small text now cause its jsut a pain

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Yay! Not only am I not getting what I want graphically due to my hardware, I can't go online because the wifi adapter is insanely expensive and I can't run a cable from my router to it. I think this little puppy is going back to the store.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by casualimp
    Yay! Not only am I not getting what I want graphically due to my hardware, I can't go online because the wifi adapter is insanely expensive and I can't run a cable from my router to it. I think this little puppy is going back to the store.
    It's like $40 more than any other wireless network adapter. $40 is enough to make you want to return the sexy 360?

Did you not read specs before buying it?

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    0277-6706-2233-3610
    Okay, so I know someone else now who feels my pain. I actually had several games that were very hard to read the text for on my older tv. Turning down the sharpness really helps. However, I must say when you do get an HDTV (as I did for christmas) you are going to be floored by the graphics; its like you are playing another system entirely. I survived a year having to constantly change my settings to read text, but no longer. Long Live the HDTV.
    Nickname: Bigsam4
    Friend Code: 0277-6706-2233-3610Current Mii count 900 Wii ROCKS
    Pokemon Diamond Code:1332-4218-9825
    Pokemon Battle Revolution: 1332-4757-5690

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsam4
    Okay, so I know someone else now who feels my pain. I actually had several games that were very hard to read the text for on my older tv. Turning down the sharpness really helps. However, I must say when you do get an HDTV (as I did for christmas) you are going to be floored by the graphics; its like you are playing another system entirely. I survived a year having to constantly change my settings to read text, but no longer. Long Live the HDTV.
    Wanna hear a funny story? When I first got my 360 on an HDTV, I was just amazed by the graphics. And then one night I was browsing a 360 forum and someone asked a question about how they can't get it to display 1080p and how they even have the switch on the component cable turned hdtv. I then decided to go to my 360's display settings just curious as to what happens when a tv that doesn't support 1080p is set to it, if it would even let you do that. And then it hit me......I had been playing xbox360 all along without HDTV. I forgot to switch the component cable over to hdtv, so I had been playing in 480i all along.

The moral of this story is, the xbox360 has purty graphics without high def....but god damn does it look sweet in 1080i/p.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    $40 is still $40. Or should I say $130 CND for the Microsoft Wireless adapter. Bought that today, used Windows Connection Wizard to copy my ip settings and everything and nothing. Added my WEP, tried adding the console's MAC address to my router's filters and still nothing. So far close $700 CND for a single player machine. It's better than my computer's ability to play games, but I feel I'm only using 33% of its potential. I did read the specs, but felt I could live with downgraded graphics for awhile. Even in SD I still think it looks good but I want to experience Xbox LIVE and I can't.

Ads