LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 150
  1. #11
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by NintendoGamer
    Yeah, that part didnt make any sense. Some people love RPGs. Glad your XBox360 can be filled by FPS...
    Yes I am glad also. As are the 7+ million other who have bought it.

    And clearly you are retarded. Is it not self explanitory why it is better to have it optional? Not everyone gives a shit about high def video players. In fact it is clear that most don't.

    The fact is, hddvd/blu-ray are good for one thing really, and that is storage medium. Other than that, people are more than fine watching dvd's in 420p.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  2. #12
    WiiChat Member Master Foot's Avatar
    Member #
    6145
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    388
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5574-4537-7049-7984
    I'm no 360 fan, but the 360 is better because it has HD out of the box. For PS3 you have to buy a HDMI cable that is NOT INCLUDED! that can run from $50 to $100 depending on the length that you need. That's already pushing $700 already!! High Def movies you say...the movies these days suck anyway so I could care less!!

  3. #13
    WiiChat Member ddslee's Avatar
    Member #
    3718
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    56
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Foot
    I'm no 360 fan, but the 360 is better because it has HD out of the box. For PS3 you have to buy a HDMI cable that is NOT INCLUDED! that can run from $50 to $100 depending on the length that you need. That's already pushing $700 already!! High Def movies you say...the movies these days suck anyway so I could care less!!
    HDMI cable sells for as low as $9.99 plus shipping from Amazon. 10 feet should be enough for most applications.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...643770-0464830

    Only a total dumba$$ would pay $50~$100 for a HDMI cable.

  4. #14
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by NintendoGamer
    Don't get me wrong, I would love an XBox360, but here are hard facts that you have to get.

    - PS3 gets criticism of how its defective, it just launched a month ago, and remember all the 360 crashes when it launched? Every system has its fair share of defectives

    - The Cost of the PS3 is too expensive. NOT TRUE. Take a look at this.
    Before Taxes
    PS3 - 659.99 includes Blu-Ray, and all the extra stuff you gotta buy for XBox, including free online (although not as good as Xboxlive, but still its free, So it kinda cancels out a little)

    XBox360 - 399.99 For just the Xbox360 and a controller.
    199.99 For the HD-DVD player
    19.99 Intercoolers
    50.00 For XBoxLive

    Everyone is buying into the marketing tricks the 360 is using. You are paying just about the same price.

    All in all, your paying just about the same price for a 360, when its not as powerful as a PS3.

    PS : PS3 Has some really good games lined up so don't even say that the 360 has flat out better games in Halo and GoW
    k, well your first one means nothing
    you dont need xbox live gold and you really dont need an intercooler.. and its an option for the CHEAP hd drive not forcing it on to you like the ps3 making you pay way more ($200 for hddrive is a great price right now)..you say: gotta buy for 360, when you dont..at all.. im sorry, but at the risk of sounding mean, your post is RETARDED.
    just cause 360 gives you CHOICE and dosent force stuff onto you, dosent mean its worse...if anything your making the 360 look better and making the ps3 look like a mini dictatorship

    360 gets the FPSs because people like the FPSs, dont blame 360, blame the consumer, people like kiddie games on nintendo systems, so thats why nintendo gets kiddie games, your just prooving the difference between consumers who are interested in what
    ^----\/ not related
    you cant bring games into a console war really, because thats the consumers opinion..unless you want to bring the fact that sony devs are making their titles for 360 too. (go read ign)

    and ddslee, he wasnt really wrong, he said they can run $50-100 which is correct, dosent mean all of them are, and for the ps3 specific cables..BAM: http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Mo.../dp/B000JL8Z4I

    another thing, you say people are falling into 360s marketing tricks, all though blu-ray is being forced which will probably fail like the betamax
    Last edited by Sovieto; 12-31-2006 at 01:32 AM.

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  5. #15
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    k, well your first one means nothing
    you dont need xbox live gold and you really dont need an intercooler.. and its an option for the CHEAP hd drive not forcing it on to you like the ps3 making you pay way more ($200 for hddrive is a great price right now)..you say: gotta buy for 360, when you dont..at all.. im sorry, but at the risk of sounding mean, your post is RETARDED.
    just cause 360 gives you CHOICE and dosent force stuff onto you, dosent mean its worse...if anything your making the 360 look better and making the ps3 look like a mini dictatorship

    360 gets the FPSs because people like the FPSs, dont blame 360, blame the consumer, people like kiddie games on nintendo systems, so thats why nintendo gets kiddie games, your just prooving the difference between consumers who are interested in what
    ^----\/ not related
    you cant bring games into a console war really, because thats the consumers opinion..unless you want to bring the fact that sony devs are making their titles for 360 too. (go read ign)

    and ddslee, he wasnt really wrong, he said they can run $50-100 which is correct, dosent mean all of them are, and for the ps3 specific cables..BAM: http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Mo.../dp/B000JL8Z4I

    another thing, you say people are falling into 360s marketing tricks, all though blu-ray is being forced which will probably fail like the betamax
    wow sovieto I might end up liking you afterall.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  6. #16
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    one more thing, the thread name, just gives you a complete summary of what the first post is going to look like..

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  7. #17
    WiiChat Member JoonKimDDS's Avatar
    Member #
    8456
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    321
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by NintendoGamer

    - The Cost of the PS3 is too expensive. NOT TRUE. Take a look at this.
    Before Taxes
    PS3 - 659.99 includes Blu-Ray, and all the extra stuff you gotta buy for XBox, including free online (although not as good as Xboxlive, but still its free, So it kinda cancels out a little)

    XBox360 - 399.99 For just the Xbox360 and a controller.
    199.99 For the HD-DVD player
    19.99 Intercoolers
    50.00 For XBoxLive
    since when is ps3 659.99? I bought my ps3 for $500.

    both systems are great. XBOX360 had GOW 1 year after the release date and PS3 will have FF13 or MGS4 1 year after the release date. It's unfair to say xbox360 has great games like GOW and ps3 got none. Their system release date are 1 year different, give ps3 a break!

    you cannot say halo3 yet because it is taking at least 2 year since the xbox360 launch. If you give 2 years to ps3 it will have even more.

    If i really have to make a price comparison it would be 50 dollars.
    $400 for xbox360 + $50 xbox live vs. $500 ps3 = $50 difference.

    Even though I was lucky to pick my xbox360 premium for $300 at microcenter and $35 for xbox live 13 months on ebay, it's just a general calculation.

    and I prefer ps3 disc(blue ray)games over just regular DVD games because...
    1. my blue dragon is 3dvd, it's kinda annoying to keep switching the dvd for 1 game.
    2. ps3 makes less noise when the disc spins.
    Last edited by JoonKimDDS; 12-31-2006 at 04:28 AM.
    I love bunny~

  8. #18
    WiiChat Member JoonKimDDS's Avatar
    Member #
    8456
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    321
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Yes I am glad also. As are the 7+ million other who have bought it.

    And clearly you are retarded. Is it not self explanitory why it is better to have it optional? Not everyone gives a shit about high def video players. In fact it is clear that most don't.

    The fact is, hddvd/blu-ray are good for one thing really, and that is storage medium. Other than that, people are more than fine watching dvd's in 420p.
    I think vagrant is so rude. He even calls other guy a 'retard' and fight back by generalizing 7+ million people's opinion who have bought xbox360. You should be nicer to other people in the forum, dude~
    I love bunny~

  9. #19
    Wii Owner COLDshiver's Avatar
    Member #
    1550
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,084
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Quote Originally Posted by JoonKimDDS
    both systems are great. XBOX360 had GOW 1 year after the release date and PS3 will have FF13 or MGS4 1 year after the release date. It's unfair to say xbox360 has great games like GOW and ps3 got none. Their system release date are 1 year different, give ps3 a break!

    you cannot say halo3 yet because it is taking at least 2 year since the xbox360 launch. If you give 2 years to ps3 it will have even more.
    You shouldn't give PS3 a break. It's a business and the real world is harsh.

    Their system release date are 1 year different, give ps3 a break!
    Microsoft took the first step into next gen by releasing their system first, an advantage that the other two consoles envy right now. They had one whole year to perfect the system, taking out the flaws, releasing games, and adding extra addons. To be fair though, the PS3 does have R:FoM (and the only game i own for PS3 :P).

    Right now, the PS3 is losing. That is a big message for developers, whom many are jumping on the Wii bandwagon . The Wii craze is effecting PS3 sales and that means less PS3s in homes, means less consumers for PS3 games, and in the end meaning less profit. That is definitely not good for developers. If the PS3 sales don't do so well, then next few years, the only game PS3 fans will be waiting for is MGS, sadly.

  10. #20
    WiiChat Member TheCostOfLiving's Avatar
    Member #
    5244
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Right. So your whole reasoning as to why the PS3 is better than the 360 is because with the PS3 you don't have to buy as many accessories? Call me stupid, but isn't that a bit lazy/ignorant.

    Not everyone wants to spend the extra money on a new disc player, which is what Sony FORCE you to do, if you want to buy the system. On the other hand, Microsoft have brought out an add-on, because they know that the lower original retail price is more appealing. People can CHOOSE whether to get it now with the console, or later on down the road. Oh, and by the way, even after giving people the choice whether or not to buy the disc drive, it still costs less.

    You chose some really crappy points to explain as to why you think the PS3 is better. I'm sure there are some good, valid reasons that make the PS3 better in some way.. but you certainly didn't come close to ANY of them.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. top 5 reasons why you want it (no spoilers)
    By mushroomedmario in forum Smash Brothers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 06:00 PM
  2. Top 5 Reasons Ssbb May Suck
    By phillepino in forum Smash Brothers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 11:27 PM
  3. Specifically what nintendo is rivalling, top reasons to buy a ps3
    By darthbeaverxp in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 03:27 AM
  4. Reasons to get a wii
    By darthbeaverxp in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 10:48 AM

Search tags for this page

reasons ps3 better than xbox 360

,

xbox 360 vs ps3 graphics comparison

Click on a term to search for related topics.