LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 150
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member NintendoGamer's Avatar
    Member #
    4568
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    214
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    PS3 Better than 360, Heres the Reasons

    Don't get me wrong, I would love an XBox360, but here are hard facts that you have to get.

    - PS3 gets criticism of how its defective, it just launched a month ago, and remember all the 360 crashes when it launched? Every system has its fair share of defectives

    - The Cost of the PS3 is too expensive. NOT TRUE. Take a look at this.
    Before Taxes
    PS3 - 659.99 includes Blu-Ray, and all the extra stuff you gotta buy for XBox, including free online (although not as good as Xboxlive, but still its free, So it kinda cancels out a little)

    XBox360 - 399.99 For just the Xbox360 and a controller.
    199.99 For the HD-DVD player
    19.99 Intercoolers
    50.00 For XBoxLive

    Everyone is buying into the marketing tricks the 360 is using. You are paying just about the same price.

    All in all, your paying just about the same price for a 360, when its not as powerful as a PS3.

    PS : PS3 Has some really good games lined up so don't even say that the 360 has flat out better games in Halo and GoW
    Brawl FC 3995 - 6295 - 7514

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Ptowwnaagee! PtonJalken's Avatar
    Member #
    9842
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,059
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Yea but you stated the almost bare minimum.. Ps3 can get wayy higher in $$..
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

    PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

  4. #3
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by NintendoGamer
    Don't get me wrong, I would love an XBox360, but here are hard facts that you have to get.

    - PS3 gets criticism of how its defective, it just launched a month ago, and remember all the 360 crashes when it launched? Every system has its fair share of defectives

    - The Cost of the PS3 is too expensive. NOT TRUE. Take a look at this.
    Before Taxes
    PS3 - 659.99 includes Blu-Ray, and all the extra stuff you gotta buy for XBox, including free online (although not as good as Xboxlive, but still its free, So it kinda cancels out a little)

    XBox360 - 399.99 For just the Xbox360 and a controller.
    199.99 For the HD-DVD player
    19.99 Intercoolers
    50.00 For XBoxLive

    Everyone is buying into the marketing tricks the 360 is using. You are paying just about the same price.

    All in all, your paying just about the same price for a 360, when its not as powerful as a PS3.

    PS : PS3 Has some really good games lined up so don't even say that the 360 has flat out better games in Halo and GoW
    1) Lmao did you just put "intercoolers" in the list. That piece of crap is hardly a required accessory. And having the high def disc format optional alone is why the 360 is going to be more successful in the long run.

    2) I'm glad your anime/rpg lovefest is going to be fulfilled by the ps3, but I think many could argue that there aren't many good games coming to the ps3 for quite a while.

    3) Every console is criticized for it's defects, so cry more about people saying some ps3's are faulty.

    4) Accessories and Modifications of the xbox 360 can only be seen as a positive.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  5. #4
    Pastafarian ocdan's Avatar
    Member #
    2322
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oak Creek, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,212
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    plus, if youre not into the hd thing and just wanna stick to dvd, you dont have to fork out the 200 for the hdd... and if you have to get it down the road when hd becomes the major format, the hdd will obviously go down in price
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

  6. #5
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by ocdan
    plus, if youre not into the hd thing and just wanna stick to dvd, you dont have to fork out the 200 for the hdd... and if you have to get it down the road when hd becomes the major format, the hdd will obviously go down in price
    Not to mention by that time Microsoft will probably begin pre-developement of the next console.

    And imagine how hard sony is going to blow if blu-ray tanks.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  7. #6
    Pastafarian ocdan's Avatar
    Member #
    2322
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oak Creek, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,212
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    no kiddin, but not just sony, isnt toshiba, Dell, and a few other big brands pushing blu-ray thing
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

  8. #7
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Dell backs it in the sense that they have like 1 computer that comes with a blu-ray player.

    Most of the non movie production companies backin blu-ray are Intel/Microsoft food.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  9. #8
    ~I Spy Hypocricy~ Gymdawg's Avatar
    Member #
    2683
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Her arms
    Posts
    1,279
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    Quote Originally Posted by NintendoGamer
    XBox360 - 399.99 For just the Xbox360 and a controller.
    199.99 For the HD-DVD player
    19.99 Intercoolers
    50.00 For XBoxLive
    Xbox Live is free, only the "Gold Level" or whatever costs additional money.
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

  10. #9
    WiiChat Member NintendoGamer's Avatar
    Member #
    4568
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    214
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ocdan
    plus, if youre not into the hd thing and just wanna stick to dvd, you dont have to fork out the 200 for the hdd... and if you have to get it down the road when hd becomes the major format, the hdd will obviously go down in price
    Yeah when HDDVD goes down, so does the price of a PS3.
    Vagrant, how the f**k does optional HDDVD make it an instant sucess? Retard....
    Brawl FC 3995 - 6295 - 7514

  11. #10
    WiiChat Member NintendoGamer's Avatar
    Member #
    4568
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    214
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    1) Lmao did you just put "intercoolers" in the list. That piece of crap is hardly a required accessory. And having the high def disc format optional alone is why the 360 is going to be more successful in the long run.

    2) I'm glad your anime/rpg lovefest is going to be fulfilled by the ps3, but I think many could argue that there aren't many good games coming to the ps3 for quite a while.


    3) Every console is criticized for it's defects, so cry more about people saying some ps3's are faulty.

    4) Accessories and Modifications of the xbox 360 can only be seen as a positive.

    Yeah, that part didnt make any sense. Some people love RPGs. Glad your XBox360 can be filled by FPS...
    Brawl FC 3995 - 6295 - 7514

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. top 5 reasons why you want it (no spoilers)
    By mushroomedmario in forum Smash Brothers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 05:00 PM
  2. Top 5 Reasons Ssbb May Suck
    By phillepino in forum Smash Brothers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 10:27 PM
  3. Specifically what nintendo is rivalling, top reasons to buy a ps3
    By darthbeaverxp in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 02:27 AM
  4. Reasons to get a wii
    By darthbeaverxp in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 09:48 AM

Search tags for this page

reasons ps3 better than xbox 360

,

xbox 360 vs ps3 graphics comparison

Click on a term to search for related topics.