LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    360, the last true gaming?

    Mmkay, just wanted to post this here. I've been thinking, the 360 is the only one really not intuitive on the control side. But 2/3 are, 1 is based around it, and the other is half/half, while the third is none. Anyone else think the 360 will be the last console to use old school (true because its the original type) gaming? Will the next generation be all motion sensing/something else? Or might the 360 keep to old school and attract that market who dosen't pefer motion sensing. (like me) What do ya think?

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  2. #2
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    I think it had more to do with the fact that they rushed to get the 360 out a year before sony and nintendo.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  3. #3
    ~I Spy Hypocricy~ Gymdawg's Avatar
    Member #
    2683
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Her arms
    Posts
    1,279
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    Anyone else think the 360 will be the last console to use old school (true because its the original type) gaming?
    The Xbox360 doesn't use "the original type", the original would be the D-pad controller from the NES. The Xbox360 uses the analog sticks predominately, so from the way you're looking at it, the original type is already dead. Of course, even the NES used alternate forms of movement via the light gun.
    Personally, I think the newer forms of control only add to the gaming experience. I don't care about "original types" or whatever, a game is a game.
    Last edited by Gymdawg; 01-01-2007 at 09:34 AM.
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

  4. #4
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymdawg
    The Xbox360 doesn't use "the original type", the original would be the D-pad controller from the NES. The Xbox360 uses the analog sticks predominately, so from the way you're looking at it, the original type is already dead. Of course, even the NES used alternate forms of movement via the light gun.
    Personally, I think the newer forms of control only add to the gaming experience. I don't care about "original types" or whatever, a game is a game.
    you obviously dont get the **** what im talking about, eh? Aye.
    original, as in not motion sensing or some other ****ed up shit, and really, original would be a joystick and a button if you wanna go there..

    and vagrant, they didnt rush to get their system out a year before sony/nintendo, they rushed to get it out months before the ps3, which then got delayed

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  5. #5
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    you obviously dont get the **** what im talking about, eh? Aye.
    original, as in not motion sensing or some other ****ed up shit, and really, original would be a joystick and a button if you wanna go there..

    and vagrant, they didnt rush to get their system out a year before sony/nintendo, they rushed to get it out months before the ps3, which then got delayed
    Which in no way takes away from my point.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  6. #6
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Which in no way takes away from my point.
    it does, because it was only against 1 system and only a matter of months
    it dosent take away from the point they did rush it, but it does take away from the others

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  7. #7
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    it does, because it was only against 1 system and only a matter of months
    it dosent take away from the point they did rush it, but it does take away from the others
    But that wasn't my point. When the 360 started developement, at that time, it would have been impractical to have an hddvd player. As it apparently is now even according to the ps3 sales.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  8. #8
    ~I Spy Hypocricy~ Gymdawg's Avatar
    Member #
    2683
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Her arms
    Posts
    1,279
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    But that wasn't my point. When the 360 started developement, at that time, it would have been impractical to have an hddvd player. As it apparently is now even according to the ps3 sales.
    Wrong. The PS3 comes with a Blue-Ray player, not an HD-DVD. It's completely different. For example, Blue-Ray is designed for the sole purpose of watching japanese hentai, whereas an HD-DVD player can play real movies. Those innovative japanese kids, what will they come up with next...

    (^if you can't spot the joke just end your life now)
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

  9. #9
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymdawg
    Wrong. The PS3 comes with a Blue-Ray player, not an HD-DVD. It's completely different. For example, Blue-Ray is designed for the sole purpose of watching japanese hentai, whereas an HD-DVD player can play real movies. Those innovative japanese kids, what will they come up with next...

    (^if you can't spot the joke just end your life now)
    What are you talking about....I said it was impractical for Microsoft to release the 360 with an hddvd player....

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  10. #10
    WiiChat Member JoeTheZombie's Avatar
    Member #
    5278
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    123
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymdawg
    Wrong. The PS3 comes with a Blue-Ray player, not an HD-DVD. It's completely different. For example, Blue-Ray is designed for the sole purpose of watching japanese hentai, whereas an HD-DVD player can play real movies. Those innovative japanese kids, what will they come up with next...
    I really am rolling on the floor laughing my ass off on that one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. EGC - European Gaming Championship
    By TeaAnyOne in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 08:38 AM
  2. Your Gaming Experience - Survey
    By BGR in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 11:16 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 09:11 PM
  4. Online Gaming Storms Onto Wii With Pokémon Battle Revolution
    By ericlewis91 in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 08:49 PM
  5. Online Gaming
    By 03powellcha in forum Nintendo Wii Online
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 02:32 PM