LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by n3gative3
    Thanks for your insight, I appreciate it. Yeah, my initial thought was always the 360 but sometimes I get in this mood to play those kiddy games that come with any Nintendo system. The only games I have for my GC are Nintendo exclusives like Mario Kart DD, SSB:M, and Metroid Prime.
    The TVs in Best Buy really don't do either 360 or PS3 justice because they always have tons of jaggies and they shouldn't. I did see Dead Rising on my friend's 60" HDTV and was blown away.
    I would consider myself a hardcore gamer and I believe you are right about maybe getting the Wii second. My only real problem with the Wii is the fact that many of the games seem so... mini game-ish like pretty much all the games on the DS. It is sad that that is the way they are going because it is really limited in scope. Sure, it is fun but if you don't happen to have friends to come over and play all of the time because they have jobs and lives, it is difficult. Now if I were 9 or 10 again then sure, that would be awesome. Back then it was all about Goldeneye, ha.
    it will get more fleshed out games in time, ds started off mini games but not so mayn anymore

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

2. Ads

Hot Mii on Mii Action n3gative3's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6463-5989-7393-9643
    Well I think everyone can agree that the Wii needs a game that takes advantage of the full motion not just swiping left and your character does a half a$$ed swiped to the left. Sure, it may require more extensive programming to say, swing a lightsaber whichever way you want and the character would have the same reaction on the screen. Once the games become more immersive it could get interesting indeed.
    I still really can't decide because I have some sense of loyalty with Nintedo because they have always been so great with their products. I'm just wondering if they lost their touch with the core gaming audience. Maybe people just grew up too much.

dds
    Member #
    Friends
    wait for the 360 v 2.0 thats what im doing they say its speculation but with Microsoft that means yes

Hot Mii on Mii Action n3gative3's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6463-5989-7393-9643
    Quote Originally Posted by dds
    wait for the 360 v 2.0 thats what im doing they say its speculation but with Microsoft that means yes
    Oh, you mean the one with the alleged HDMI port in it and a larger HD? I may, but I really think I want a Wii first... been pondering it all day. I know I will eventually get the other consoles, well at least an Xbox 360.

Be touched by his noodly appendage

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    well for starters 360 and ps3 both give you more bang for your buck (bigger value) hdtv goes awesome with 360 and if your a hardcorish gamer then you should go with 360, plus there are super awesome titles spanning all genres out already so they got whatever your interested in, plus im sure you have plenty of buddies to play on xbox live with <--great service, + you can rent HD movies off of xbox live
    wii provides more fun if you like to game with friends most of the time, its more revolved around that and not so much hardcore, but dose have promising titles in the future, but getting one now only gives you trills for so long because of the lack of games (so if your planning on getting more nex gen consoles in the future, this should be your second choice)
    ps3 dosent have the great software but also promises to deliver with great titles right around the bend, cool psp support if you have one and solid features such as a blu ray player for your hd needs, all though a lot of it is a bit weak right now, in time it will bloom into what its meant to be, a hardcore all in 1 entertainment system, and if you cant already, im sure it will implenent all the features xbox live offers you sooner or later (such as renting hd movies and what not) but it probably wont get as good as xbox live overall

hope i could help
    HOLD THE PHONE! you can rent movies! sweet! i thought you could buy them aswell? but are there any other cool xbox 360 features?

thanks demonflair for the awsome sig

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid
    HOLD THE PHONE! you can rent movies! sweet! i thought you could buy them aswell? but are there any other cool xbox 360 features?
    well as far as im aware you cant buy it and i think its for security reasons or umm like so your harddrive dosent fill up completely, but you can buy shows too, you might be able to rent shows as well but im not entirely sure, but i would stick to renting because if i buy something on a DVD such as a movie i have it forever where as if you buy a show or wahtever off of the 360 you have it as long as you have your 360 (plus it takes up memory)
    umm yah if you surf around youll find some free interesting videos on the 360

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    The XBox does a ton of cool stuff. You can download movies, trailers, commercials, tv shows, and all kinds of stuff in HD. You can also rip music to the hard drive, run it off a usb device, or stream it from your pc and play it on the main menus and in the games. I've got a Wii and got it first, but I'm in love with my 360, I bought it last Saturday.

Ads