LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Microsoft plans on incorporating a TIVO like function to their systems. This is a part of their strategy. The key is the larger hard drive, they want you to download and save media on it like a tivo. Its quite different from the DS light or PS2 slim.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 03-22-2007 at 05:50 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ics

We've confirmed with trusted sources that the black Xbox 360 is indeed coming (the image above is of the original 360 dev kit, FYI), and will be dubbed the Xbox 360 Elite. Here's what you need to know about it:

The Elite will be limited quantities only; that may be as much or as little as a couple hundred thousand.
    The case, controller, and Live headset will all be black. It will have all new packaging.
    Elite will cost $479, and will be a 3rd SKU; it will be sold alongside Premium and Core packs.
    Eventually Elite hardware (in white plastics) will take the role of the Xbox Premium. That is to say, after the Elite is launched and sold out, future Xbox Premiums will have 120GB / HDMI.
    We do not yet know exactly when 120GB / HDMI will become the standard for Premium, but it is loosely estimated to be late summer or fall.
    Elite models run cooler than normal 360s, but they are not yet confirmed to have 65nm chips.
    Prices may remain the same with the 120GB / HDMI hardware upgrade in the Premium Xbox, but we may still see a price cut on the line when 65nm chips start shipping.
    The HD DVD drive will not be internal or bundled -- Microsoft never did or nor does not currently have plans to put an HD DVD drive in the 360.
    There are no current plans to integrate WiFi into the Elite or future Premiums (although that can always change).

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/20/x...d-120gb-drive/
    That picture and info is directly from a game magazine. I forget which magazine it was, but I do know it was the april issue. These magazines have done April Fool's pranks a lot. I doubt Elite is real.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Zori
    That picture and info is directly from a game magazine. I forget which magazine it was, but I do know it was the april issue. These magazines have done April Fool's pranks a lot. I doubt Elite is real.
    Im fairly certain there will indeed be a black 360. They are releasing a new xbox with a larger hard drive for their tivo campeign. I dont really know about this whole elite thing or what not though.

Wii New and Reviews JerrodDRagon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    This is why I never got a 360 when it came I knew another version would be out before Halo 3.
    -No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    This blows. I want a 360 with HDMI but what am i going to do with my current 360. MS should have a trade-in program for this. A lot of people are going to want a 360 with hdmi. Like a Motherboard upgrade with new processor would be good just like a good old computer. Swapping stuff out because of MS OS. So annoyed

Member #
    Friends
    0505-6993-9515-7982
    dont care im happy with my 360 dont give a crap about HDMI or a bigger hard drive
    Steam ID: Mintoisking
    Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
    PSN ID: Mintoisgod

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    Quote Originally Posted by Zori
    It was GAMEINFORMER I just picked it up and if it's real like I think this sucks for people who already have a white 360

It would make sense if it goes black that it plays all XBOX games

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7866-5231-9763-6567
    meh theres already enough games from the original xbox, the only one i'd like that the 360 doesnt play is counter strike, oh well.

this looks awesome, i gotta start saving

Ads