+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeet Rag
    If you are starting new...never had an Xbox 360, I would probably go with the new "Elite" It has stuff that the 360 doesn't have, but it still doesn't have everything it should. 360's have a bit of a reputation of "dying" and people having to replace them frequently, and I think it's safe to assume that they have fixed that problem. It's got the HDMI, and an option for the larger HDD. Still, there isn't wifi, or the internal HD-DVD player. A lot of people are complaining about that right now. The Elite 360 is an update to the premium 360...if you wanted to buy the premium or core, this one is "better". Why else would they charge more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    For those of you who think this system will fail you should take these following points into consideration. The new Black Elite will include an xbox live vision camera, a black microphone, one to two rechargable kits, one black wireless controller, 120 gb memory, HDMI..etc

The original consoles like the Core or the Premium only came with a 20 gb memory, wired controller, and two games I believe.

Oh and for thsoe of you who arleady own an xbox 360 console you will be able to trade it in to get money off the elite.
    Thx both of you. I've never owned either an xbox or 360, i'm really looking forward to getting this! I totally forgot about the frequent crashing, as you've both said, this problem has surely been fixed.

Another thing, does more gigs mean better graphics?

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Sure, this is bad news for early adopters of the 360. But isn't this the case w/ all new technology these days? Computers, TV's, and iPods are constantly updated. Maybe this is the first of many updates on all consoles. If only Nintendo could find a way to update the Wii graphics to HD w/o building an entirely new console. It'll never happen, but I can dream right?

As for the 360 update, I'd rather drop $600 for a PS3. Let's be real here, Sony will win this race.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    For those of you who think this system will fail you should take these following points into consideration. The new Black Elite will include an xbox live vision camera, a black microphone, one to two rechargable kits, one black wireless controller, 120 gb memory, HDMI..etc

The original consoles like the Core or the Premium only came with a 20 gb memory, wired controller, and two games I believe.

Oh and for thsoe of you who arleady own an xbox 360 console you will be able to trade it in to get money off the elite.
    Since when are they including rechargeable kits and vision camera? The "Must be purchased separately" text may have been too small to read. You are only getting the HDMI cable, standard headset, standard controller, standard composite cables and thats it. They did mention those items would be available in black, again, for separate purchase.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    My bad. I thought they were included. However it's still a good deal however I'm going to stick with my core xbox 360. Mainly due to the fact that if I wanted to trade it in and get a Black Elite 360 I would have to purchase a new faceplate. The one it came with I messed around with.

Another thing, does more gigs mean better graphics?
    It means you have more memory..

Member #
    Friends
    If you have an Xbox 360, then there isn't a need to run out and buy this, or trade in or whatever. Although you could. If you are starting new, then yeah, I would go with the elite...Old problems should now be fixed...only thing to worry about is new problems

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    So the graphics are still the same right? As long as its runs better than the previous ones and doesn't self destruct or suffer from w/e that red eye situation is I'll definitely consider getting it. Its got a lot more space than either Playstation and a whole lot better games that I want to play.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    So the graphics are still the same right? As long as its runs better than the previous ones and doesn't self destruct or suffer from w/e that red eye situation is I'll definitely consider getting it. Its got a lot more space than either Playstation and a whole lot better games that I want to play.
    actually you have to buy the hard drive separate...for $180.00

The PS3 can already do that by the way.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeet Rag
    actually you have to buy the hard drive separate...for $180.00

The PS3 can already do that by the way.
    You don't have to buy it separate. It comes with the elite package. It is $180 to buy one separate so that you can put it on the premium/core.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    It's not really worth getting if you already have an Xbox360. You could just buy the $179 120Gb hard drive and be done. However, if I decide to get a 360 in the future this would be the package I would get.
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

Wii New and Reviews JerrodDRagon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    I was going to get it but at the same time I dont know if I want to get it know its just so much 470 plus games....The Wii was a easy buy because it came with a game plus the Wii channels, this just comes with more GB's which do you really need? I also heard by Christmas it will be down to the standard price.
    -No External Links

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads