Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Microsoft

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    they are anti microsoft becuase they are fools. they are fanboys that love either Sony or Nintendo ONLY. idiots...absolute idiots...in 10 years time they will look back and laugh at them selves, and be embarrased to mention it.

\/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

That Mac must have been screwed up. I actually did a science project on the speed of Mac VS Windows. Mac does the more processor intensive stuff faster than Windows. Windows does 3D games better but who buys a Mac for games? I have also never had a crash on my Mac except when one of the little chinese slave workers that make ten cents a day didn't put the RAM in all the way. I would definitely try Linux too. I like it almost as much as Mac.
    yes you are correct. the reasons the macs used to be faster(not now since the intel switch) was because the ibm chips they used had a high front side bus (2000mhz). most intel chips run at 533-800mhz fsb, but now theyre getting up to 1066mhz fsb. point is, higher fsb is faster processing but also a more expensive chip.

amd chips high very high fsb and that is why the dual cores are so fast and so pricy. whereas the intel dual cores are cheap. but now that macs use intel, they will not be as fast because of less fsb, but they will still be cheaper to make. fsb is a major help when it comes to graphics and video processing as well, which is why macs were favored for video editing, and still are.

now that apple has intel they are making some very cheap, very very powerful computers for the price.

---edit---
    for example im building a computer to sell it. im putting in a intel dual core 2.8ghz, with 800mhz front side bus. it is $85 dollars. an amd that is a dual core, 2.8 ghz, with 2000mhz front side bus is $255 . you pay for that fsb, but it comes out in games and processing BIGTIME!
    Last edited by dedpoet777; 03-29-2007 at 02:37 PM.
    \/\/ho's Got

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by dedpoet777
    yes you are correct. the reasons the macs used to be faster(not now since the intel switch) was because the ibm chips they used had a high front side bus (2000mhz). most intel chips run at 533-800mhz fsb, but now theyre getting up to 1066mhz fsb. point is, higher fsb is faster processing but also a more expensive chip.

amd chips high very high fsb and that is why the dual cores are so fast and so pricy. whereas the intel dual cores are cheap. but now that macs use intel, they will not be as fast because of less fsb, but they will still be cheaper to make. fsb is a major help when it comes to graphics and video processing as well, which is why macs were favored for video editing, and still are.

now that apple has intel they are making some very cheap, very very powerful computers for the price.

---edit---
    for example im building a computer to sell it. im putting in a intel dual core 2.8ghz, with 800mhz front side bus. it is $85 dollars. an amd that is a dual core, 2.8 ghz, with 2000mhz front side bus is $255 . you pay for that fsb, but it comes out in games and processing BIGTIME!
    Well I am using an Intel Mac and for the project I did I ran both Windows and Mac on the same hardware. This is kind of like what I did.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    0792-2476-6769-9631

Well I am using an Intel Mac and for the project I did I ran both Windows and Mac on the same hardware. This is kind of like what I did.
    wow that is interesting! i would have thought with intel you would have the same results.

what were the specs of your computer?

also i wonder if boot camp itself would have slowed the process down on the windows side, or if the mac os is just faster at processing.
    \/\/ho's Got

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

Member #
    Friends
    0505-6993-9515-7982
    i love Microsoft
    Steam ID: Mintoisking
    Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
    PSN ID: Mintoisgod

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    wow that is interesting! i would have thought with intel you would have the same results.

what were the specs of your computer?

also i wonder if boot camp itself would have slowed the process down on the windows side, or if the mac os is just faster at processing.
    I did it on a Mac Mini with 1.66GHz Core Duo, and 1GB RAM. I don't believe that Boot Camp would slow it down because all it does is let you partition your HDD and burn a CD with the Windows drivers for the Mac hardware. You can install Windows without even using Boot Camp.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    0792-2476-6769-9631

I did it on a Mac Mini with 1.66GHz Core Duo, and 1GB RAM. I don't believe that Boot Camp would slow it down because all it does is let you partition your HDD and burn a CD with the Windows drivers for the Mac hardware. You can install Windows without even using Boot Camp.
    oh yeah yorue right sorry. i was thinking boot camp was like parallels that lets you dual boot.

however, i do also think that macs os is 64-bit. if you didnt put that up against a 64-bit windows then it will definitely get beat. im not sure if it is 64-bit, but it seems they switched completely over to 64-bit os's a while back.
    \/\/ho's Got

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    oh yeah yorue right sorry. i was thinking boot camp was like parallels that lets you dual boot.

however, i do also think that macs os is 64-bit. if you didnt put that up against a 64-bit windows then it will definitely get beat. im not sure if it is 64-bit, but it seems they switched completely over to 64-bit os's a while back.
    But the Core Duo isn't a 64 bit processor. The Core 2 Duo is though.

Member #
    Friends
    0792-2476-6769-9631

But the Core Duo isn't a 64 bit processor. The Core 2 Duo is though.
    yes, again you are correct. i didnt notice you said core duo and not core 2.

well then, since you werent dual booting, and not using a 64-bit cpu, id say that the mac os is just plain faster. that is interesting to know. though i do not run macs, i have much respect for them. even if i did i would run paralells and dual boot with windows. i do too much stuff to be without my compatibility.

very interesting though....thanks for the info. their os is great. im not shocked their os is faster either cause it seems everything they do is damn good.
    Last edited by dedpoet777; 03-29-2007 at 03:11 PM.
    \/\/ho's Got

Member #
    Friends
    people are just sad pathetic losers who dont feel confident enough in their own interests so they bash others.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ads