Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Microsoft

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Anti-Microsoft

Ive been using Microsoft my whole life and it works really well. But I dont understand why some people are against using and buying Microsoft products. Why are some people anti-Microsoft?

NOO! THE BEES ARE COMING! Rabid_Toaster's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i don't know...unless they HATE microsoft, i don't think they are anti-microsoft (they might just like different software) but as for the people who hate it, i guess they just don't like things that other people think are good (like Halo...big fan base and big ant-base lol)

i need a new sig!!! if you can be bothered, pm me and say that you can help me! (if you are good at making sigs lol)

\/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    ive been using microsoft all my life. and i can safely say i HATE them. as i type from a windows based machine right now, this thing could give me a problem at any time. i have had more problems that were random as hell with windows, than any one of my friends with macs or linux.
    i run windows only because of compatibility and because i am used to it.

my biggest gripe with microsoft is lack of quality in their products. take vista for example, it has been a disaster so far with many, many, many software and driver issues. i worked on a guys laptop with vista and that was enough for me. point is, they are the richest company in the world, yet to me their products lack(as far as operating systems) quality. 90 percent of the "new" features in vista have been on macs for years, which is another reason i do not like them. they are not original. ipod then zune. iphone, now zune phone.....etc.

so that is my two cents...since you asked.
    \/\/ho's Got

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

Member #
    Friends
    6294-2382-1290-6912
    I think you are referring a lot to the now new anti-sony setiment that has without a doubt built up in the marketing starting with the induction on the Xbox last generation of console hardware.

There are many that are tired of Sony; they want a new king in a matter of speaking; However a lot of people don't really want to see Microsoft in a position of power in the gaming industry (and comes in Nintendo once again and there new fantastic little Wii). For one thing you can't really stop it. Microsoft has put out two top quality consoles with fantastic games to boot. It's honestly one of the few things MS does exceeding well without many flaws.

I mean Microsoft has pretty much invented online console gaming (making it something that all consoles must have) and they only build from there software experience to put out amazing titles like halo.

Personally i would love to see mircosoft show sony a thing or two.

Member #
    Friends
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Why post this in the 360 section??
    Anyways dedpoet777 pretty much sums it up for most of the Microsoft haters, who will probably agree that the only really useful thing Microsoft has made is Notepad...

PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Prez
    Why post this in the 360 section??
    Anyways dedpoet777 pretty much sums it up for most of the Microsoft haters, who will probably agree that the only really useful thing Microsoft has made is Notepad...
    Microsoft XBOX 360 Elite

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I am not anti Microsoft. I hate Windows but they do make an excellent gaming console. I do hate giving money to the richest man in the world though.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    i have no gripe with windows at all. i NEVER have problems. my PC only gets turned off when i install something that requires it and never before, not even from crashes. however i know how to use it! i dont download random things that can harm my computer and if something does get on my PC (last infection according to my virus/spyware/adware scanner was 4 months ago). my anti virus nails it in seconds flat. when i install something i NEVER give it the option to start up during windows startup or if its mandatory for the install, ill remove the entry from my registry. when i uninstall something i make sure it is GONE. i have a program that keeps a log of every installation and goes through and deletes every file installed by a program plus its registry entry. it may seem like work but im used to it and i do it pretty fast. the one time ive used a Mac, it took forever to load any app, kept freezing, and then finally crashed. im not saying all Macs are like that but first impressions mean alot. (never played with Linux though. might download a Linux Live CD to try it out)

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    i have no gripe with windows at all. i NEVER have problems. my PC only gets turned off when i install something that requires it and never before, not even from crashes. however i know how to use it! i dont download random things that can harm my computer and if something does get on my PC (last infection according to my virus/spyware/adware scanner was 4 months ago). my anti virus nails it in seconds flat. when i install something i NEVER give it the option to start up during windows startup or if its mandatory for the install, ill remove the entry from my registry. when i uninstall something i make sure it is GONE. i have a program that keeps a log of every installation and goes through and deletes every file installed by a program plus its registry entry. it may seem like work but im used to it and i do it pretty fast. the one time ive used a Mac, it took forever to load any app, kept freezing, and then finally crashed. im not saying all Macs are like that but first impressions mean alot. (never played with Linux though. might download a Linux Live CD to try it out)
    That Mac must have been screwed up. I actually did a science project on the speed of Mac VS Windows. Mac does the more processor intensive stuff faster than Windows. Windows does 3D games better but who buys a Mac for games? I have also never had a crash on my Mac except when one of the little chinese slave workers that make ten cents a day didn't put the RAM in all the way. I would definitely try Linux too. I like it almost as much as Mac.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    No one hates Microsoft here, Sony is the only thing hated here, srry.

Ads