LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Elite is Cooler But How??

I just have a quick question.....MS says that the elite will run cooler but I am not sure as to how. It's official (or is it) that the elite will not contain the 65 nm CPU chip so my question to you guys is:

How will/can it run cooler on older technology?

Is it better off to wait till they launch the 65nm chips to purchase a cooler and probably cheaper xbox?

ics
    Member #
    Friends
    Where did you see Microsoft saying it will run cooler?

Member #
    Friends
    well its not directly from MS but i assumed it would be. The link with the info is this one:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/20/x...d-120gb-drive/

Member #
    Friends
    yeah everyone says it will run cooler..

i would think they will adopt a more efficient heatsink/fan system, which in turn will hopefully quiet down the 360 a bit...

they could go with a liquid cooling system but it may not be neccessary, like i said, maybe just a better heatsink system

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I'm pretty sure that they run at the same temperature. That article was from before the Elite was out.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    The whole idea based on the Elite running cooler and quieter was that microsoft was going to replace their current chip with a 65-nm. Currently Microsoft has said this chip is not going to be placed in launch Elite systems.

Member #
    Friends
    do you have proof of that comment? Not that i dont believe you its just that if that was said by MS i will hold off on my elite purchase

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by dds
    do you have proof of that comment? Not that i dont believe you its just that if that was said by MS i will hold off on my elite purchase
    Sure.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/200...360_elite.html

"I had heard that Microsoft changed the motherboard to reduce costs of the machine and to accommodate the Elite changes. The black finish on the Elite is the only thing different about the case, which is the same as the white Xbox 360s.

But the Elite does not yet include the cost-reduced 65-nanometer chips. That means it uses the same power-hungry chips as before, which suggests that the machine will be just as loud as current machines with their multiple fans. The 65-nm chips will lead to reduced chip sizes and, as one of our posters emphasized, lower power consumption. That would allow less expensive cooling solutions. The smaller chips could, over time, lead to lower production costs that would help Microsoft accommodate price cuts in the future."

Ads