Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Wii New and Reviews JerrodDRagon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    ^oh screw Reviews they are all biased and give points to games with graphics's which is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny21
    i had a wii, i changed to 360 because most of the games on wii aren't fun and they dont fit will with the motion control, only warioware and zelda but the rest sucked!!! and i had to keep trading games so i can stayed satisfied so i just traded my wii for a 360 and now im having more fun like with rainbow six vegas, gow, cod2 and 3 wwe 2007, and i just got xbox live which ROCKS!!! i just gotta say 360 is way better the gameplay and GRAPHICS are awesome, wii is good i love nintendo but i think they are not going for graphics which most of percent in this generation wants, not gc graphics or ps2 graphics.

360 GAMES
    1. GEARS
    2. HALO 3
    3. ASSASINS CREED
    4. DEVIL MAY CRY 4
    5. FABLE 2
    6. GEARS 2
    7. RAINBOW SIX VEGAS
    8. RAINBOW SIX VEGAS 2
    9. GRAW 1 & 2
    10. MASS EFFECT
    11. CRACKDOWN
    12. OBLIVION
    and much more!! that are great with the 360 and the graphics
    Ok Crack down (GTA but with a Super Hero)
    Oblivion (on the PC and PS3)
    GRAW, Gears of War and Vegas will all die when Halo 3 comes out.
    Fable 2, Masseffect, Assassins creed, GTA and Devil May cry 4 look good but dont come out until the Fall. While the Wii has Super Paper Mario, Metriod, 3, Mario Strikers, Pokemon, mySims, manhunt and more games coming out this Spring/Summer and has other great games coming in the Fall (including Nights 2)
    -No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon
    ^oh screw Reviews they are all biased and give points to games with graphics's which is BS.

Ok Crack down (GTA but with a Super Hero)
    Oblivion (on the PC and PS3)
    GRAW, Gears of War and Vegas will all die when Halo 3 comes out.
    Fable 2, Masseffect, Assassins creed, GTA and Devil May cry 4 look good but dont come out until the Fall. While the Wii has Super Paper Mario, Metriod, 3, Mario Strikers, Pokemon, mySims, manhunt and more games coming out this Spring/Summer and has other great games coming in the Fall (including Nights 2)
    dosent matter they are each reviewed by their own type..nintendo guys review nintendo games, vice versa so its not bias....and if anything its like impossible to get dead rising 8.3, and the shit on wii 8.4 or whatever, cuase its shit quality on wii (all the games right nwo)
    and he was just pointing out good games

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

NOO! THE BEES ARE COMING! Rabid_Toaster's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i hope someone locks this thread lol...it seems like alot of people are just arguing for the sake of it (not aimed at anyone particularly)

i need a new sig!!! if you can be bothered, pm me and say that you can help me! (if you are good at making sigs lol)

Guitar Hero 2 Lover Robertking1123's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1240-9149-8383-7207
    remeber the good ole days when you had a nes, snes, sega, n64, dreamcast, and a ps1? good times. good times. why start bitching now? just buy em all. xbox has more games. which is a big duh seeing as how it was out the longest. the wii isnt even in the competition. they just make games if they wanted to be thy would have all that dvd playback and bells and whistles like the others. (sometimes its good not to be like the others). the ps3 is a multimedia device. stop bitchin and buy em all. if you dont like a system for what ever reason then just dont buy it.
    Add me and ill add you. Maybe when wii can play games online i can whoop your ass. till then send a message or a Mii. Also give a brotha some rep points. click the lil mushroom.

Member #
    Friends
    I can't believe this is even an argument.

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Lets put Wiired into the scenario well I had a Wii, and couple of weeks ago sold it for a 360, and it was by far the right decision. I used to hate Xbox - for no apparent reason, but my friends were making it appealing to me. I have 3 games, Fifa 07, WWE SVR 07 (not a wrestling fan, but love wrestling games :]) and Gears of War, and I find it hard to stop playing them. Wii Sports got boring pretty quickly IMO the only thing I enjoyed was Tennis, due to being a Tennis fan, and the rest were simply okay. Zelda was great, though I got fed up of having to hold the control up to shoot an arrow, when it was realistic anyway. I had NFS - Carbon which was good, though the steering just got boring - I used to have a steering wheel for PS2, and never liked it. I had two other driving games which weren't all that good and had the same effect. I also had Wii Play, which was good, until you got a medal in everything, then it was jus boring. All 3 360 games I have are online, and at least a couple of my friends have each - 'cept GOW which ALL my friends who have a 360 have (about 12?). I absolutly love the achievement system on 360, giving you something to work for (I've already got a gamerscore of 1040 :]) and having practically every game online is quality. The microphone is amazing. I know it seems pretty simple and maybe even overrated, but it's quality, nuff said. The Wii hasn't got a mic. Nor does it have online - though when it will I'm not expecting much, due to the lack of decent games with online (they should have made Wii Sports, NFS, Red Steel etc.. online) though I'm not saying there aren't gonna be decent games online 'cause there will be (such as Brawl and Pokemon (to Pokemon fans)) but just not as much. Finally, the demo system. Being able to download decent demos for free, before even considering to buy a game is great. There's so far about 60 demos you can download? (may be slightly wrong) all even all of them I think are online games (if bought). The likes of Sonic, I would have wanted to try a demo first, before attempting the game due to wanting to check out the controls, but wouldn't be able to unless I bought a Wii magazine in hope for a demo disc. So yeah, and to the title, graphics killing the 360? what the jeeeeezus? I have 3 games and tbh, I doubt I'll need any more for ages, because I'm happy with them and got much to do when it comes to achievements :] may get a Wii later in the year, may not. Wiired out.

Member #
    Friends
    7201-6951-4346-4914

Re: Op

I dont think having great looking games on the 360 really effects the release dates too much, and people who own a 360 do want their games to look nice. I do think theres small cases where power might be over-used in substitution for interesting visual ideas.
    Have you ever played a game that looks amazing but didn't really look that interesting?. i think it's similiar to the the classic debate between realistic and not so realistic games. twisting reality makes things more interesting, you have to take a second look at what your seeing. Though a different type of gamer might prefer something easier to look at, minimum diversity.

Having alot of graphical memory is certainly not a bad thing, it allows designers alot of 'freedom' (Oblivion anyone?, or GoW?). In the end its up to the designers to make games look interesting... if they can look nice, big and shiny at the same time then thats a really nice bonus and defnitly something that 360 benifits from, adding to the overall experience.

In many cases a less powerful console like Wii forces designers to think a little outside the box to make the games apealing (more diverse design and making use of the wiimote for example). Perhaps this was a factor nintendo considered, but more likley cost of the console and game manufacture time were reasons higher up the list when deciding on the power of the wii.

---

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by imae
    I dont think having great looking games on the 360 really effects the release dates too much, and people who own a 360 do want their games to look nice. I do think theres small cases where power might be over-used in substitution for interesting visual ideas.
    Have you ever played a game that looks amazing but didn't really look that interesting?. i think it's similiar to the the classic debate between realistic and not so realistic games. twisting reality makes things more interesting, you have to take a second look at what your seeing. Though a different type of gamer might prefer something easier to look at, minimum diversity.

Having alot of graphical memory is certainly not a bad thing, it allows designers alot of 'freedom' (Oblivion anyone?, or GoW?). In the end its up to the designers to make games look interesting... if they can look nice, big and shiny at the same time then thats a really nice bonus and defnitly something that 360 benifits from, adding to the overall experience.

In many cases a less powerful console like Wii forces designers to think a little outside the box to make the games apealing (more diverse design and making use of the wiimote for example). Perhaps this was a factor nintendo considered, but more likley cost of the console and game manufacture time were reasons higher up the list when deciding on the power of the wii.
    in your first agrument, i in fact have never seen a game that has superb graphics, but dosent look interesting to mass audiences..because most games that get a lot of hype get a lot of funding for design, gameplay still in the core though, offering something new
    and nice statement wiired

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    7201-6951-4346-4914
    An extreme(or maybe a bad) example of what i mean might be Gran Tourismo HD, practicaly everthing in the game is modeled based on real life.. it looks amazing becuase its so real, and its suppose to look real so it is in no way a flaw of the game at all. but you could say although it looks jaw droppingly realistic and apealing to the eye, its really not that interesting becuase everything you see is recognizable right away. again, ofc this is not a downfall of the game - it's suppose to be like this. simulator games can look very nice and be exciting to play, but imo never that interesting to look at.

now i'm not trying to compare graphical design between GoW and GT, but the above was just to point out how different kinds of games aim to achieve different experiences.

In gears of war the primary kind of enemy resembles a pale skinned human.. but when examined closer looks a little lizard-like.

this is what makes the character design interesting, and i think they used the graphical power of the 360 quite well in this case, and although there are imo more interesting enemies in the game, they made good 'opening enemies' becuase they are a slight twist on the human form.

in lost planet i find the enemies a little less interesting.. many resembling familiar looking large bugs with sharp elements, i didn't find myself saying "what the hell is that thing!" but rather "omg its a giant bug.. run!". but largely i think this was the intention of the concept designers.

There are better examples out there, but i guess my point is game designers have an increasingly tough job deciding how far to go on things with so much graphical power becomming available. where to draw the line between realism and diversity, when all you have to do is model something and add textures etc to make it look nice.
    Last edited by imae; 04-07-2007 at 03:32 PM.

---

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Quote Originally Posted by imae
    Good statement, and also this is one of the many things I really love about Gears, and thats the fact the storylines and stuff if told are unbelievable, such as a gun with a chainsaw (even though that's uber cool :]) but when you're playing, due to the great graphics and movements from the characters and even the scenery (like the rain in Act 2/3 going down the trees ) it makes it somehow really realistic. Fit stuff tbh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ads