Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Quote Originally Posted by dds
    **** man are you serious!?!?!?! Can you provide proof of this statement from microsoft. If so ill just pick up the elite and get the extended warranty from bestbuy or futureshop

In regards to your comment about value....i would have to agree with you....the elite does come with a shit load of cables and extras
    What does thte 65nm thing do? And I'm with you. I don't know if I can wait that long for it. Anyways I do think the Elite is a good price when compared to the p$3 but the fact that its not using the latest HDMI port/cable or w/e kinda bugs me. Plus there are other things that its supposedly lacking which may make hold off on it. Although I don't want to.

As for Microsoft being arrogant I think they sometimes can be. But they are the market leader and I personally prefer PC to Mac anyday of the week. Macs are just plain ugly to me and they work very strangely. I can't handle the way Mac's work. Its just so awkward. The most simple thing such as opening a file seems like a hard chore to me. Maybe its a personal thing. Anyways Microsoft is on top of the world so they are entitled to a little smugness but they need to work on their image. However they are DA SH*T when it comes to making great videogames.

dds
    Member #
    Friends
    65nm chip is a change form the current 90 nm chip. Basically the smaller you go in size the bigger the price cut of the product and the less heat and noise generated by the machine which ultimately would increase its longevity.

I seriously hope mitch2025 cant come up with proof for his statement because 2008 is just to long to wait to play some gears

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Price cut for OLDER models right? The newer ones would be more expensive or the same price I'm guessing? And yeah I also hope mitch is wrong about that 2008 thing cuz thats way too long to wait.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    Price cut for OLDER models right? The newer ones would be more expensive or the same price I'm guessing? And yeah I also hope mitch is wrong about that 2008 thing cuz thats way too long to wait.
    I don't know if Microsoft would have a price cut when this comes out but it would be cheaper for them to produce with the 65nm.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

dds
    Member #
    Friends
    price cut in general....it would cost them less to produce so they wouldnt charge as much for the system. In general the cost would drop about 50 dollars just on the CPU. It could go as high as 80 dollars depending if they cut out some fans and other stuff because

smaller cpu = less heat = less fans to keep it cool = less gadgets inside = less money

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    But don't smaller chips = More money? Especially if you're getting so many benefits out of it? Sorry for all the questions. I just like to understand the technology behind the consoles you know...

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    price cut in general....it would cost them less to produce so they wouldnt charge as much for the system. In general the cost would drop about 50 dollars just on the CPU. It could go as high as 80 dollars depending if they cut out some fans and other stuff because

smaller cpu = less heat = less fans to keep it cool = less gadgets inside = less money
    Yes but Microsoft is already losing money on each console and they are greedy so they may not pass that price cut on to us.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    macs are overpriced if anything
    a lot of people like PCs for the freedom
    i would never like a mac
    Not to hijack this thread, but Macs are not overpriced. They don't sell bottom feeder machines, but when comparing like for like in the mid to high range they are very competitive.

Not sure what "freedom" you mean? When I was doing PC repair, few upgraded (upgrading was buying a new box) beyond a hard drive or RAM. Few ran anything other than Windows and the canned apps that came with the machine. So no real "freedom" there.

dds
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    But don't smaller chips = More money? Especially if you're getting so many benefits out of it? Sorry for all the questions. I just like to understand the technology behind the consoles you know...

Yea man no problem.

The thing with the 65nm processor is that its cheaper to make but very costly to develop. SO MS would invest some coin into development but then reap rewards of creating a more cost effective box. In the long run they would actually be saving money because the cost of production of each box would go down for many reasons: 1) smaller chip which costs less to make, 2) less fans, 3) not as large a heat sync, 4) less thermal compound.....the list goes on

What I see MS doing is implementing this hardware change but for a period of time keeping the 360 at a fixed price until they make their investment money back. One there level, they would implement a price cut on all 360's with the 65nm chip. This price cut wouldnt be drastic, but it would still be a price cut.

And to the person that said MS losses money on each console......come on man this isnt sony. MS has there sh*t down to the tee. And even if they are losing money on production, which i believe they are not, they are making it back with live and all there over priced accessories.

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Yea man no problem.

The thing with the 65nm processor is that its cheaper to make but very costly to develop. SO MS would invest some coin into development but then reap rewards of creating a more cost effective box. In the long run they would actually be saving money because the cost of production of each box would go down for many reasons: 1) smaller chip which costs less to make, 2) less fans, 3) not as large a heat sync, 4) less thermal compound.....the list goes on

What I see MS doing is implementing this hardware change but for a period of time keeping the 360 at a fixed price until they make their investment money back. One there level, they would implement a price cut on all 360's with the 65nm chip. This price cut wouldnt be drastic, but it would still be a price cut.

And to the person that said MS losses money on each console......come on man this isnt sony. MS has there sh*t down to the tee. And even if they are losing money on production, which i believe they are not, they are making it back with live and all there over priced accessories.
    From what I have heard they lose about $100 a console. But they definetly make up for it with all the games, accessories, ect.

Ads