+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5251-2094-6508-9892

Is Microsoft arrogant?

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/04/microsoft-defends-120gb-xbox-hdd-price/

See as much I like Microsoft I can't say I LOVE Microsoft because some of the things I hear from its employees mouths make me feel sick. Plus their pricing scheme does seem a bit excessive in the accesories area. Like this external Hard Drive thing they're talking about in the article. Oh well if anyone could give me their opinions that would be nice. I'm so torn about whether to get an Elite or Premium. How do I know that they won't f*ck us over in 2 years and bring out "Zenith" or "Optimum" models with a HD DVD drive and better graphics?

*EDIT*: For once Joystiq posted something relevant instead of their endless articles on why Microsoft or Nintendo sucks.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    YES they are. I work in IT fixing junk MS products and let me just tell you the arrogance starts from the top.

In a recent interview with Bill G in Newsweek or Business Week, the interviewer brought up Mac OS X and how it's security is superior to Windows (it was a very good point and presented in a nonthreatening way). He went on about how people hack and take over OS X every day and dared people to do that once a year with Windows. Sorry, Bill - the reality is that Windows gets hacked every SECOND.

MS is very very arrogant in all their business dealings as well. Instead of partnering, they pretty much tell you how it's going to be. Why? They realize they are the only game in town for many.

That's why I always recommend people buy Macs and use OSS (Linux) in the server room.

It's why I own a Mac and a Wii and would never buy a 360 - I'd buy a PS3 if I wanted a HD rig. You have to teach MS they are nothing special (they are not).

Member #
    Friends
    Althought I love my xbox 360 even more then my wii, M$ is still the devil.

dds
    Member #
    Friends
    Its nice how they **** us over: Allow me to demonstrate

299 (core) + 20 gig drive (100) = 399 (premium)

399 (premium) + 120 gig drive (179) = 479 (elite)

479 (elite) + 65nm upgrade = 399

As you can see for those that haven't picked up a 360 yet....the best thing would be to wait for the 65nm chip upgrade. It sucks major balls to do so because I really wanted to get a 360 when the elite comes out but by analyzing there marketing strategy if you go for the lowest end model and purchase the upgrades you might as well get the higher end model, and this ideology continues up the economic ladder until you find yourself buying the highest end model because its the most bang for your buck...but is it really?

I myself am torn on the issue, hell if these kind of trends continue i might as well get a PS3 for my HD experience...something i told myself i would never do

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/04/microsoft-defends-120gb-xbox-hdd-price/

See as much I like Microsoft I can't say I LOVE Microsoft because some of the things I hear from its employees mouths make me feel sick. Plus their pricing scheme does seem a bit excessive in the accesories area. Like this external Hard Drive thing they're talking about in the article. Oh well if anyone could give me their opinions that would be nice. I'm so torn about whether to get an Elite or Premium. How do I know that they won't f*ck us over in 2 years and bring out "Zenith" or "Optimum" models with a HD DVD drive and better graphics?

*EDIT*: For once Joystiq posted something relevant instead of their endless articles on why Microsoft or Nintendo sucks.
    new models wouldnt come out with hddvd probably cause hddvd is loosing
    and new MODELS wouldnt come out with better graphics, or they wouldnt be under the 360 name..
    also premimum comes with a arcade game, component cables, wireless controller, and headset

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by itguy07
    YES they are. I work in IT fixing junk MS products and let me just tell you the arrogance starts from the top.

In a recent interview with Bill G in Newsweek or Business Week, the interviewer brought up Mac OS X and how it's security is superior to Windows (it was a very good point and presented in a nonthreatening way). He went on about how people hack and take over OS X every day and dared people to do that once a year with Windows. Sorry, Bill - the reality is that Windows gets hacked every SECOND.

MS is very very arrogant in all their business dealings as well. Instead of partnering, they pretty much tell you how it's going to be. Why? They realize they are the only game in town for many.

That's why I always recommend people buy Macs and use OSS (Linux) in the server room.

It's why I own a Mac and a Wii and would never buy a 360 - I'd buy a PS3 if I wanted a HD rig. You have to teach MS they are nothing special (they are not).
    I used to work for Dell computers and Microsoft does stink they over price everything specially their office software. My next computer will be a Mac Besides that wasn't Vista hacked in less than 2 days of being out? If people start buying Macs and they get enough customers over to Apple then Microsoft will wake up, but until then people will keep buying Windows based computers because either A. Thats all they know how to work with or B Macs are expensive and customers don't want to spend the extra money
    Wiiman54

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by blogman54
    I used to work for Dell computers and Microsoft does stink they over price everything specially their office software. My next computer will be a Mac Besides that wasn't Vista hacked in less than 2 days of being out? If people start buying Macs and they get enough customers over to Apple then Microsoft will wake up, but until then people will keep buying Windows based computers because either A. Thats all they know how to work with or B Macs are expensive and customers don't want to spend the extra money
    macs are overpriced if anything
    a lot of people like PCs for the freedom
    i would never like a mac

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    oh you're asking is the sun a star....yes of course it is.

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    Quote Originally Posted by dds
    Its nice how they **** us over: Allow me to demonstrate

299 (core) + 20 gig drive (100) = 399 (premium)

399 (premium) + 120 gig drive (179) = 479 (elite)

479 (elite) + 65nm upgrade = 399
    the premium also comes with a wireless controller and headset so its not a core with just an HDD

the elite comes with everything the premium comes with but its black, has a $180 120 gig HDD, and an HDMI port(with HDMI Cable which is like $30 for a good one) so all that total would be almost $600 worth of stuff ($300 system + $180 HDD + $50 wireless controller + $20 headset + $20-$30 HDMI Cable = $580 + Tax) for only $480. also MS said the 65nm systems arnt coming out untill mid to late 2008 so happy waiting lol

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

dds
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    also MS said the 65nm systems arnt coming out untill mid to late 2008 so happy waiting lol
    **** man are you serious!?!?!?! Can you provide proof of this statement from microsoft. If so ill just pick up the elite and get the extended warranty from bestbuy or futureshop

In regards to your comment about value....i would have to agree with you....the elite does come with a sh*t load of cables and extras
    Last edited by dds; 04-04-2007 at 02:56 PM.

Ads