LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

My first impressions with a 360

OK so, today I finally went to my friends house to play with his Xbox 360 (first time I've ever sat down and played one). He has a top of the line setup...60 something inch HD TV and latest surround sound, so naturally I was thinking "sweet, this will blow the pants right off of me!"...How disappointed I was. Now, don't get me wrong, when he popped in Gears of War, the graphics were good. They weren't mind boggling, but they were good. The thing is, I don't understand what all the hype is about it. They have NO effect on the game play at all, and after the first 5 minutes of playing, the graphics effect wore off and I quickly got bored with the game as we played. The whole time, my friend kept saying "dude, aren't these graphics awesome!", and that was the only thing he was focused on. A few days ago, I was wondering if maybe an Xbox 360 would be more enjoyable than my Wii, but now I'm convinced: Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, beats my Wii. It's just plain fun, and personally the graphics look just as good on the Wii as they do on a 360. Anyway, just my two cents worth.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2469-4835-3373-3754
    Interesting points, I've only had minor experience with the 360 myself. Personally, if you can tear yourself away from 'good graphics = good game' mentality, and I think PC users over the years have gotten more used to this (lets face it, no matter how good your rig, there's always a game that cannot play it on its best settings) than console users (generalisation I know but still!), that the quality of a console is fast becoming what top games can be sold on it. The few 'guaranteed instant hits' (metal gear solid, gran turismo, pro evo, GTA to name a few) is more whats drawing people to consoles, and its hard for others to bust this competition open. The Wii is doing very well, but my fear is that a year down the line, game quality and interest will drop off compared to the sheer amount released on the 360/PS3, until you are left with a few 'hardcore' members (a lá Dreamcast). I agree with what you stated yourself, graphics don't sell a game for me, its the quality (i still play Frontier Elite II occasionally!)

Member #
    Friends
    I think you misunderstood something. You cannot say Gears of war is fun unless you are expert at it. It isn't something like wii sports that you can just play and say good or bad. Gears of war is all about skill that 0.1 sec counts!

Beside, I haven't seen any fun wii game yet. It's all about cooking mama...LOL.
    I love bunny~

Member #
    Friends
    2469-4835-3373-3754
    I don't know, I don't see how you can argue a few friends and some beers + Wii sports isn't fun its early days for the Wii, how long has the 360 been out now?

Member #
    Friends
    Hi I have both an XBox 360 and Nintendo Wii. My 360 has never been set up on hd as after seeing what it slightly improved the graphics i didnt bother. But I understand what Eif87 is saying as the Wii is just pure fun where as the 360 is.... well just not. My uncle has his Wii on HD and after seeing that I am considering getting my wii hooked up as it looks really good.

Member #
    Friends
    ah thank you for this post, I was actually fearing the same thing and now it's confirmed no xbox360 for meh
    Proud owner of:

Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Wii Sports

Member #
    Friends
    This forum section is for talking about Wii (Cant u reed) There is an XBOX section post there!!!!!!!!!!

Member #
    Friends
    You must've been playing some shiddy looking 360 games. Most of the good ones blow the Wii away its not even funny and BTW I have both. You need to play Viva Pinata, it makes Super Mario Galaxy look like a dreamcast game.

BTW I'm not talking about HD 360 graphics, even without HD 360 blows the Wii away in graphics.
    Last edited by En4Neo; 04-08-2007 at 10:28 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Ummn yeah not sure I agree with that. Why do people have to sh*t all over the Wii and its graphics. WE KNOW its not nearly as powerful as the 360 and we're fine with it. God you don't need to insult it every chance you get.

As for Viva Pinata it does look like a great game. I'm looking at it on IGN right now actually. Thinking about adding it to my list of 360 must haves. Or maybe I'll wait until Spore makes it way to gaming consoles...so many decisions.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Eif87
    OK so, today I finally went to my friends house to play with his Xbox 360 (first time I've ever sat down and played one). He has a top of the line setup...60 something inch HD TV and latest surround sound, so naturally I was thinking "sweet, this will blow the pants right off of me!"...How disappointed I was. Now, don't get me wrong, when he popped in Gears of War, the graphics were good. They weren't mind boggling, but they were good. The thing is, I don't understand what all the hype is about it. They have NO effect on the game play at all, and after the first 5 minutes of playing, the graphics effect wore off and I quickly got bored with the game as we played. The whole time, my friend kept saying "dude, aren't these graphics awesome!", and that was the only thing he was focused on. A few days ago, I was wondering if maybe an Xbox 360 would be more enjoyable than my Wii, but now I'm convinced: Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, beats my Wii. It's just plain fun, and personally the graphics look just as good on the Wii as they do on a 360. Anyway, just my two cents worth.
    i think you were actually expecting to be not impressed so that is what happened, you mentally blocked it out

btw i find 360 more fun than the wii and its gameplay to be better

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ads