+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    I used to play Guild Wars but they got boring SOOOOO fast lol
    And you always seem to find another MMO more interesting before moving onto another MMO again and again...
    exactly...and to think that there are people constantly playing MMO's I've never even heard of gives me the chills. The fact that there out there, but you never played it...and yet, hundreds of thousands of people ar one EVERY DAY. Oddly enough, I only know about 5 people in real life who play MMOs.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasterTurk91
    exactly...and to think that there are people constantly playing MMO's I've never even heard of gives me the chills. The fact that there out there, but you never played it...and yet, hundreds of thousands of people ar one EVERY DAY. Oddly enough, I only know about 5 people in real life who play MMOs.
    I only know one person that plays MMOs. My brother started playing WoW when I bought it. I got bored of it after 2 months and was going to cancel the account and he started paying for it instead. Now I get WoW for free.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    N3 is garbage
    im still trying to recover from the my broken thumbs
    Hmm i have to disagree with you. And because i disagree with you, and you're not like me...therefore, i think you're a loser. Dude you're gay. You like those kiddy mario games? I will not consider the fact that your preference is different than mine, your overall upbringing is definately different, and I will just say that you have bad taste and should improve it (as if "improving your game taste" is possible and an optional thing!), or you have the choice to like whatever games you want). Let's fight about it!

(I'm Jk...just a typical example of a slightly exxagerated and ignorant game fight. Stuff like this doesnt occur much where I'm from, but when it does, this is the result--the bashing of another's preference without giving consideration). Confused?
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    Dark Age of Camelot, by far my favorite. Second is Space Cowboy.

I just don't see what the major hype is about WoW...
    I can compare DAoC to WoW, and I can't find ANYTHING major thats better in WoW than DAoC.

Graphics (Which I don't really care about)
    DAoC Really good and getting constant updates.
    WoW... cartooney, but its not a problem.

Classes
    DAoC 45
    WoW 9

Races
    DAoC 20
    WoW 10

Areas to explore (Size of the World)
    DAoC 279
    WoW 110

PvP
    DAoC- DAoC was made for this. Realm vs Realm warfare. Seige keeps/towers, claim it for you guild, build them up, repair, defend. Use ballistas, trebuchets, catapults, palintone, rams, boiling oil. Along with BGs for any level except 50.

WoW- Ehh, I don't really know a lot about it other than its mainly in BGs and capture the flag type.

Armor/weapons
    DAoC- (Armor) Theres special ones, ones you get doing artifact raids (and in this, when you do it, you GET it). Same with weapons... many. Can't trade artifacts or essences, but you can everything else.

WoW- From what I hear, you go to this giant raid with people, but when it's over, you have a small chance of getting the item you want. Lot of weapons and armor too.

Population
    DAoC- Not near as much as it used to be.

WoW- Millions... right?

Economy
    DAoC- Buy land, get a house, set up a merchant. Decorate your house (not set either, you drop it on the wall, it shows up where you put it) about on par with The Sims decoration. Same goes for the yard. Assign NPCs to parts of the house (vault keeper, seige supplies, healer, teleporter, etc).

WoW- Auction house. Its fine and doesn't really lack anything. Set up your items(I believe it has a timer on it), and people buy them. Also have a mail system which is nice.

Well, I think thats most of the major points... if I missed/messed anything up, please correct me

Member #
    Friends
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    I used to play Maplestory, Runescape and Shattered Galaxy.
    Maplestory - Lvl 67 Hunter
    Runescape - Lvl 89 Combat
    Shattered Galaxy - Lvl 50 Inf, Lvl 43 Mob, Lvl 39 Avi and Lvl 50 Org

Characters wanted for SSBB : King K.Rool, Lucario, Bubsy, Captain Olimar and Waluigi
    Clippers -- Buccaneers -- Ducks -- Devil Rays

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Icetrash
    I used to play Maplestory, Runescape and Shattered Galaxy.
    Maplestory - Lvl 67 Hunter
    Runescape - Lvl 89 Combat
    Shattered Galaxy - Lvl 50 Inf, Lvl 43 Mob, Lvl 39 Avi and Lvl 50 Org
    Is Shattered Galaxy a CD required game like Guild Wars? What about DAoC?

Member #
    Friends
    Well, DAoC is kinda. See, if your new, you can start a 15day free trial and you get 5 expansions free. If you like it, you just start paying the montly fee. But if you buy the cd, make sure to get epic edition... its only like $10. That'll get you 6 expansions, Shrouded Isles, Trials of Atlantis, Catacombs, Darkness Rising, Foundations, New Frontiers. Each expansion after a year it's made they make it free... just just made catacombs free

If you start playing, look me up on Midgard :P I'll get ya set up. I play as Taills on Kay, which is clustered with Lancelot, Pellinor, and Iseult. Pick Midgard in any of those servers and you'll find me

The other 2 realms are Hibernia and Albion. (Hibernia is easy mode... but please don't pick it...)

Also, tell me which type of class you'd like to play and I'll list/explain them to ya. (Magic, Fighter, Hybrid, Healer, Stealther)

Heres a trailer demo. There's no cutscenes in DAoC so this is real playing. It's 18.5 M.B. dl for the video.
    http://vnfiles.ign.com/rpgvault/daoc...040901-320.wmv
    Last edited by Taills; 04-13-2007 at 12:53 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasterTurk91
    Is Shattered Galaxy a CD required game like Guild Wars? What about DAoC?
    No, its free to play. Just download it off their offical website.

Characters wanted for SSBB : King K.Rool, Lucario, Bubsy, Captain Olimar and Waluigi
    Clippers -- Buccaneers -- Ducks -- Devil Rays

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    I used to play Guild Wars but they got boring SOOOOO fast lol
    And you always seem to find another MMO more interesting before moving onto another MMO again and again...
    I have guild wars too. You are right that does get old fast. Every time you die you lose have your life something like that WoW is much better. I play Never Winter Nights thats about it I would play WoW but i hate the monthly fees
    Wiiman54

Member #
    Friends
    2144-6234-8176-9504
    Played WoW for a while, but I didn't really like it..
    I'm a level 60 paladin on FFXI, and i'm thinking of quitting soon..
    Played GW for a while, didn't really get into it.
    | sTealth |

Ads