+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: elite or not?

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Another thing to consider is that if you get the core you will have to buy a $40 memory card to save your stuff on until you get the HDD.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    i guess yous are right, and ive just found a contract for 35 pound and oyu get a premium instead of a core ill do some more research and im sure ill make a good choice, thanks alot for your speedy help guys

Member #
    Friends
    actually that deal kinda sucks cause ill have to pay like 280 pounds toward it so it works out the same, i guess ill have to wait till christmas

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    Xbox 360 120 HDD : 179.00
    That's a lot of money for 120 gigs. I seem to recall the PS3 lets you plug in your own drive, costing you what? $0.30 a gig or less. As opposed to $1.50 a gig.

I've got a countdown clock in my head that gives Nintendo time to "get" what hardcore (the demographic they claim they aren't leaving behind) means. Then I give up and delve into the awful and backward world of dual analog again. PS3 doesn't stick you with Live! fees and gives you storage freedom. Xbox has a better controller (I like the position of the Left analog better) and I'm already comfortable with Halo. What to do...

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    8012-6169-7562-1411
    I like how the elite comes in black. Maybe after xmas it will drop down a little but if you really need that harddrive it would suck for you to buy the core and then the 120gb harddrive, Either way your getting snagged, But its a great system and I think the elite is worth it

Member #
    Friends
    don't get the core, either premium or elite. and since microsoft doesn't let you use external HDDs I'd say go for the elite if you want to download a lot of content. I have a 20gb from the premium, and after a couple of demos and vids that thing is full to bursting unless I start deleting stuff, and you always want a couple of gbs free for caching and whatnot, really quickens the load times.
    Wish the elite came in white though, not that I need another 360

edit: think about buying the mem card anyway if you value your save data, because hard drives do fail.

also, I don't know if it matters to you, but the elite is the only one with an HDMI port, but I think you have to buy your own cables, not sure.
    Last edited by gregjp48; 08-18-2007 at 12:17 AM.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by gregjp48
    don't get the core, either premium or elite. and since microsoft doesn't let you use external HDDs I'd say go for the elite if you want to download a lot of content. I have a 20gb from the premium, and after a couple of demos and vids that thing is full to bursting unless I start deleting stuff, and you always want a couple of gbs free for caching and whatnot, really quickens the load times.
    Wish the elite came in white though, not that I need another 360

edit: think about buying the mem card anyway if you value your save data, because hard drives do fail.

also, I don't know if it matters to you, but the elite is the only one with an HDMI port, but I think you have to buy your own cables, not sure.
    Well, you are wrong about a few things.

1. You know how the HDD is missing a lot of space? That is because that is set aside for the cache, (and BC updates) so having your HDD full isn't going to affect that.

2. All the 360 now come with an HDMI port. The Elite is the only one that actually comes with a cable, but you can buy one for $5 anyway.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

Well, you are wrong about a few things.

1. You know how the HDD is missing a lot of space? That is because that is set aside for the cache, (and BC updates) so having your HDD full isn't going to affect that.

2. All the 360 now come with an HDMI port. The Elite is the only one that actually comes with a cable, but you can buy one for $5 anyway.
    i thought that was purely for the dashboard, os, etc., not caching. but i have noticed slowdowns when the hard drive is getting full, perhaps due to fragmentation? but if part of the hard drive is set aside for caching that shouldn't be the case. My bad

and really? wow oh well, haven't paid attention much hmm? I just remembered reading that they were coming out with hdmi with the elite, but i'm glad they decided to put it in all of them. So that makes the only difference the hard drive? I thought Microsoft was going to be devious and hold HDMI over everyone's head, forcing our 450 dollars out of us.

And yes monster cables are ridiculously overpriced, considering they're made for what, 5 cents? Get the cheaper with no difference really, just read reviews.

good to see another mac user.
    Last edited by gregjp48; 08-18-2007 at 01:07 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    elite is better if u like to DL stuff

Member #
    Friends
    The big thing about the new machines is that they use cooler processors so the RROD issue should diminish a bit. The Elite's HDMI is nice but no better picture than the component video from my Premium. The advantage to the HDMI is a single cable for video/audio. The extra hard drive space is important if you're downloading a lot of stuff...the 20gb in the Premium goes quickly. But even then, 120gb isn't all that much for the $180 or so Micro$oft is charging - I just got a nice 250gb USB 2.0 external drive for $49 and would LOVE to be able to slap it into my XBOX USB slot.

Ads