LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0680-1454-3102-7585
    They do freeze from time to time! If it keeps happening then I would take it back! Better to be safe than sorry, even though it is a pain in the arse! especially with all the set up to do again!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PM me and add me to ur address book...

2. Ads

honesty is my only excuse FR3344LL's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    jeez, that gamestop returns "policy" sucks hairy balls.....

- Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap).
    - Any product(s) not in its original condition, is damaged, played, or is missing parts.

what the **** are you meant to do to qualify for a return???

it's games console, you take them out of the box to to use them.

<joke>
    maybe that's why there are so many overheating problems.....people too
    scared to take 'em out of the packaging.
    </joke>
    Ste

Member #
    Friends
    0680-1454-3102-7585
    That only means if you just want to take them back for any reason (for example you don't want it any more).

However, if the product is faulty then these should not apply! better phone them to ask!

Am sure it will be fine though!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PM me and add me to ur address book...

Member #
    Friends
    Gamestop is not the best company to buy from unfortunately. I worked there for a short time and saw and experienced some undesirable things both towards me and the customers. It would be very unsurprising if they made you send it back to Microsoft before taking it back, especially if not in all of the original packaging. You would be better off shopping at Walmart, they have no problem taking back returns. Having said my warning of Gamestop, if you are experiencing problems you should get a replacement...keep in mind though that Microsoft has a three year warranty on this console for hardware failure, so you might as well push it to it's limits to see what happens (hence marathon gaming and leaving it on alot). As said above, gaming systems do freeze and this is common...but excessive to the point of ruining your gaming experience is not. Plus you have the large amount of hardware failure with this particular console to also weigh in your decision. Hope things work out for you.

Signature by Syntax

Member #
    Friends
    7448-6534-8132-0252
    Cant you call in and get it swapped? Thats what my friends did because his 360 burned a ring on his madden 07

MSC Code:463963 185826

If you want an easy win go ahead and play me...tell me if you add me

EA Username: TitansATB go ahead and add me on this

2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    If you want to replace it....the replace it.....but i would reccomend you to just get Microsoft to fix and or swapp it with another 360!
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:

Member #
    Friends
    Microsoft will not send your's back to you. They will send you a pre-repaired "refurb" unit. In time, they will fix your's and send it out to someone else.

Depending on the state you live in, retailers are required by law to replace DEFECTIVE items within a specified timeframe. GS and EB are nortorious for disagreeing with this LAW. However, simply stating that if that's their official position, you'll just wait around till the police you're going to call show up and file a report usually gets the point across.

EB and GS here tried some crap of selling "open" but new games. I started complaining and send quite a few emails to their corp office showing how they are breaking OH laws by doing that. It took a few weeks, but the local stores have since stopped opening games and storing the CD's elsewhere. Yes, it's more risky for them (shoplifting), but the law states I'm supposed to get UNOPENED products if I pay full price.

I think GS/EB here has a 7 day EXCHANGE policy if the item is new and defective.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    I have an eternal grudge against gamestop.
    They had a phone on display and I made a call to my own phone that my friend was holding to check voice quality.
    The guy threw me out.
    Why the hell do you have an activated phone on display if I'm not supposed to test it????

As for your question probably not.
    Mine froze when I first got it, but I wasn't giving the power supply enough ventilation. Prop it up off the floor, especially if you have a carpet. I did, and my 360 hasn't froze since. If all else fails, turn up the AC a bit

Edit: Oh and just in case, since you just got it, I don't know if you know: unless you want the game severely scratched, never ever switch the orientation of the thing while you have a game inside! Otherwise, you'll have to blow another 60 bucks.
    Just a tip.
    Last edited by gregjp48; 08-17-2007 at 11:26 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    off to walmart i guee

Member #
    Friends
    Take it back and get a new one.

Ads